Rachel Weisz film news

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

purple

Post by purple »

Alina wrote:
purple wrote:Probably the pre-star and after-star classification is a more accurate one :) And I LOVED his performance in Infamous, it was definitely Oscar worthy. But those pre-star parts are my favourites.
As I said, I don't like any classifications. To me he was brilliant in Infamous, The Mother, Sylvia, Hotel Splendide or Love is the Devil as well as in Bonds, Defiance or Dragon Tattoo. Pre-star or after-star - doesn't matter. His performance is always to the full and beyond reproach.
Well, maybe with the exception of Zorro or Heartbeat - but they were definitely the pre-star period :lol:
I did not mean to pass any kind of judgements on the quality of his work. As a matter of personal taste, I just have a certain preference for some of his parts. When in comes to classifications and categories, well I suppose it is an idiosyncrasy of mine :P
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

I'm not a fan of classifications either, but I can't avoid making them from time to time.
In regard to Daniel's body of work I clealy see a difference pre-Bond and after-Bond, even if it's only the dimesion of the movie in regard of what people are involved or the budget.

I think he's avoiding being typcast, even if when he knows it's a high class problem to have anyway :wink:

I love the fact that you can not predict what he does next. Every other "movie star" would have jumped on the bandwagon after the almost monstrous success of Skyfall and he does the odd thing to star in a play on Broadway. Thank God for that!

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
purple

Post by purple »

Thank God for that! Definitely :D
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

purple wrote:As a matter of personal taste, I just have a certain preference for some of his parts.
I have a preference for some of his parts, too. Parts like his eyes, his lips, his lashes, his shoulders, his chest, his PFA, his legs, his hands, his arms, his hair, his ears, his perfect profile... :lol:
purple

Post by purple »

CockHargreaves wrote:
purple wrote:As a matter of personal taste, I just have a certain preference for some of his parts.
I have a preference for some of his parts, too. Parts like his eyes, his lips, his lashes, his shoulders, his chest, his PFA, his legs, his hands, his arms, his hair, his ears, his perfect profile... :lol:
:rotfl:
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Sorry, I can always be relied upon to lower the tone of the conversation. :wink:
purple

Post by purple »

I like people with a sense of humour and it seem there are plenty on this forum. I had quite a good time browsing older topics.
Alina

Post by Alina »

CockHargreaves wrote:
Spot on again! :lol:
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

CockHargreaves wrote:
God, CH!! You crack me up!!! :lol: I just wish I had thought of that first... or been around to say it!!! :wink: :roll: And as for always being relied upon to "Lower the tone".... that's why we love you! :)
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Renee Zellweger in Talks to Join Daniel Craig in 'The Whole Truth' (Exclusive)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/r ... iel-686657
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

So he might not have the biggest pout in this movie :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hm - can't imagine those two together, really. Seems ill fitting at first. She is such a poser.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

purple

Post by purple »

Phew! I thought I was the only one not enthusiastic about RZ...
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Nope. I would have preferred an unknown actress, if they cannot get a big name. Its so...like REALLY? Daniel and Renee? No f***ing way.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

purple

Post by purple »

I thought "why not eva green?" I have always wanted to see them in another movie and I would like to see EG in other films than some fantasy/horror stories. But then again there is a risk that people will always see them as Bond and Vesper.