Rachel Weisz film news

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

He's already made two films with Eva so I suppose we shouldn't be too greedy. I agree that they are magic together, though.
Personally I don't dislike RZ. Better this than them making a film of the new Bridget Jones book (shudder!).
It worries me that the article implies the script habit actually been written yet??? Even if it's a fantastic story, a poor script could make it bomb. I hope it works out ok for DC...
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Not sure, that the script is being written as we speak is true. I doubt, he would go without a finished script on an Indie film, which only has to offer a good script to make him want to do it. Its not a big blocklbuster, which might hold other things he wants out of it. Naa, I am sure once they start its finished.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

purple

Post by purple »

Speaking of the second movie DC and EG made together - for me it was a dissapointement. Hardly any screen time, no scenes together, no scenes that would do them justice in terms of acting skills...All I can remember from that movie is a speaking bear with an armour (but I admit I was never a fan of fantasy movies). :roll: but enough of an off topic for me; I just have to accept the idea of Renee

I just hope we will have a nicer surprise when it comes to the future Bond girl
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Maybe she works out pretty good. She is not a bad actress after all. With the right direction, who knows. Lets give it a bright side. I am sure, he has a word in the casting. After all - he is the one, who they will sell it upon. Maybe Daniel in an Indie gets him back his old pre Bond fans, who loved him in those quirky Indies.

Guess, if he gives his ok on Renee, he thinks, she can do it just fine.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Once she gest going, she is fine. Interesting the last couple of sentences on Indie films.
I think, its from this Berlinale. I remember, she was there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMdB1t47xjw

purple

Post by purple »

I suppose you are right ladies. I don't know why I don't fancy her...it's smth quite irrational just like I don't fancy Tom Cruise or Pierce Brosnan. On the other hand I didn't like Nicole Kidman either and then I watched The Hours and Dogville and I completely changed my mind.

As for the idea of seeing DC in Bridget Jones I have the same reaction as you CockH. The only situation where I could imagine DC in a "romantic" film would be a parody like that Elaine Figgis sketch. Or maybe Down with love since we talk RZ. And even then...
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

I like RZ, she can bring some lightness to the movie. EG is amazing, she seems to be in some strange movie (IMO) her and Daniel were perfect in CR and I don't know how it would be in something like a Court room drama.
They do have spark on the screen. We can only wish. I think wanting to see
two people do a movie together that were so dynamic on screen is natural.
We want more.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

purple wrote:The only situation where I could imagine DC in a "romantic" film would be a parody like that Elaine Figgis sketch. Or maybe Down with love since we talk RZ. And even then...
I don't think I've seen Down with Love.
I could see Daniel in a romance if it was of the quality of something like Shadowlands... That must be years old now, but what a superb film. I love Anthony Hopkins (and not just because he's Welsh :lol: )
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Germangirl wrote:Once she gest going, she is fine. Interesting the last couple of sentences on Indie films.
I think, its from this Berlinale. I remember, she was there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMdB1t47xjw
She was pretty eloquent there - she sounds intelligent, thoughtful... They should get along well.
purple

Post by purple »

I am in love with Anthony Hopkins so I am afraid I will add that film to my list :D I meant to say that I don't want to see DC in a romantic comedy like Bridget Jones. In a beautiful romantic movie like...I don't know...Out of Africa, yes totally.

The fact that you said Anthony Hopkins is welsh made me smile: I always think of him as British. Just like for DC or Ralph Fiennes. :D
Last edited by purple on Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

We Welsh are also British. But we're Welsh first.
Tony Hopkins, Richard Burton and Michael Sheen all came from the same part of Wales - there must be something in the water there...
purple

Post by purple »

It is impossible for me to go beyond the generic British...unless I see a man wearing a kilt and than I will say "oh he is Scottish!"... other than that I can never tell :oops:

It is similar with the language: I used to say I love British English (and I do!); but then I watched Our friends in the North and realised that what I call British is probably more or less BBC English

If I have to judge from what I see on the forum, I should say that Welsh people are incredibly funny and witty :wink:

As for the water thing...well I think there must be something with the UK water in general, otherwise I don't know how to explain the great number of immensely talented actors that come from there

ok I should shut up; sorry for the off topic, I don't know what is wrong with me today...I suppose I am tired, it has been a rough week
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Then I hope you have a lovely weekend. We Brits/Welsh are no better or worse than anyone else, I'm sure. Where are you from? You're clearly something of an Anglophile! 8)
purple

Post by purple »

CockHargreaves wrote:Then I hope you have a lovely weekend. We Brits/Welsh are no better or worse than anyone else, I'm sure. Where are you from? You're clearly something of an Anglophile! 8)
yes my friends tease me quite a lot about that :D ; I live in Belgium
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

purple wrote:
CockHargreaves wrote:Then I hope you have a lovely weekend. We Brits/Welsh are no better or worse than anyone else, I'm sure. Where are you from? You're clearly something of an Anglophile! 8)
yes my friends tease me quite a lot about that :D ; I live in Belgium
I've been to Belgium a few times and like it very much. It's a beautiful country and the people are always very friendly and welcoming.