Rachel Weisz film news

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Maria

Post by Maria »

Hope so too.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Out of our own experiences perhaps- mine - what is the greatest love of all times can become the opposite. but everything has a time. I hope, theirs is a long one. They won#t find anybody more fitting. I thought Sats was perfect and she was, but Rachel is the same consumate actor and that might be what makes it last.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Maria

Post by Maria »

Germangirl wrote:Out of our own experiences perhaps- mine - what is the greatest love of all times can become the opposite. but everything has a time. I hope, theirs is a long one. They won#t find anybody more fitting. I thought Sats was perfect and she was, but Rachel is the same consumate actor and that might be what makes it last.
So true. You've heard the saying "love and hate are two sides of the same coin" - as these two emotions are so closely linked and they can turn so fast from one to the other.

I suspect DC pursued her more than the other way around. Not that I know of course. But we all hope they stay together.

Now if only we would get a few occasional pictures...
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I used to think that D&S were a great match, but now I think I was really wrong. I believe he was initially attracted to her because she wasn't an airhead. He had fun with Primrise Hill bad, hot girls, but S came with some credentials. But as he became famous and a worldwide sex symbol, she became more insecure and clingy. Probably a very nice person, but he got bored and knew he had options. I don't believe he was any type of choir boy then. She couldn't compete with Rachel in any way. D's saving grace was that R wasn't happily married when they filmed Dream House. If what was said by S's father is true, he wasn't the man she wanted him to be. That's because he didn't care enough. I think it's a happy ending for everyone (D gets the real kind :twisted: )
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Not sure, I agree. For example the clingy part. IMO HE was the clinging one. He wouldn't let go of her hand during the public apparences for instance and I doubt, she was forcing herself on him for going, where he did. IMO he liked it that way and maybe would have preferred it with Rachel as well. But that was not possible and he adapted. I don't believe, he weas bored either. We still don't know for sure, the ring on his finger in January 2010 was not a sign, he was going to commit.

Rachel just blew him away IMO - no more no less. Out of the blue with a force, he tried to fight but couldn't.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Even if Rachel hadn't come into his life, I don't think he would have ever married Sats. My belief is that over time, the 'marry me' love dissipated and it was difficult to disentangle from someone who is living in your home and especially out of their country. Ive been in his situation (but without the 'out of the country' part. Sometimes it's easier to go along than create drama, and his would have been very public. But still, you know you're not going to ever pull the marriage trigger just because you're engaged. Over time, feelings can change. We'll never know the whole story, but I don't think it was her choice to wait for 3 years after getting an engagement ring and not get married. That's WAY too long. Also, had he been really committed to her, Rachel wouldn't have changed that. It seems S&R are so opposite. When he found what he wanted, he wasted no time.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

He certainly, I belief, woud have married Rachel from the spot, if that had been possible. Yes...but the ring on his finger had JUST happened, so maybe he would have married her. There are so many different sorts of love and maybe their love felt right until he found another level of it. But like you say - we will never know.

Maria

Post by Maria »

sf2la wrote:Even if Rachel hadn't come into his life, I don't think he would have ever married Sats. My belief is that over time, the 'marry me' love dissipated and it was difficult to disentangle from someone who is living in your home and especially out of their country. Ive been in his situation (but without the 'out of the country' part. Sometimes it's easier to go along than create drama, and his would have been very public. But still, you know you're not going to ever pull the marriage trigger just because you're engaged. Over time, feelings can change. We'll never know the whole story, but I don't think it was her choice to wait for 3 years after getting an engagement ring and not get married. That's WAY too long. Also, had he been really committed to her, Rachel wouldn't have changed that. It seems S&R are so opposite. When he found what he wanted, he wasted no time.
That's my take on it too.

I don't know much of the news or gossip of his relationship with Sats and I do recall that ring on his finger picture. Three years is a long time for an engagement.

Also, regarding always seen pictured with Sats holding hands, that may be his romantic side. Almost all pictures when he is out and about with Rachel, they are holding hands. Perhaps it's a protective measure when they know the paparazzi are in front of them? Such as wanting to walk faster to get away?
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Just read the topic for the first time. Now this is interesting. Right away, you start asking yourself - what would you do? Hope to be able to see it.

Maria

Post by Maria »

Reminds me - have to read this book before I see the film. And have tissues ready.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Rachel Weisz To Play Poet Elizabeth Barrett Browning in “The Last Romanticsâ€￾

https://blog.womenandhollywood.com/rach ... .8omzx42je
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

press tour for Light between Oceans starts in 2 weeks in NY.

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

'Denial' will have its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Maria

Post by Maria »

Hum....I wonder if I can gets tickets to the opening? Oh please oh please oh please!