Rachel Weisz film news

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Thanks, TripAces. Sure makes sense. Also, he could leave with his head held high. I wonder if/when if will get made. I wonder why he took the role without a great script in the first place?
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Maybe it looked promising and they made promisses, they didnt keep. And like some here feel-his next non-Bond film could make or break him. He should sit with Tom Hardy and get some advice on how to find and pick cool projects. He himself admitted, that along with all the money etc. he still didnt get any smarter (reg. His projects). I still think, scriptwise his only fault was CA and that was so tempting in other respects.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Alina

Post by Alina »

I think we have also had this idea, TripAces, I remember posting about him not wanting another DH experience. My quess was the script was not ready on time or not up to the standard. So, yeah, the thoughts you posted occurred to us as well :)

But these are all speculations and the reasons may have been totally different.

Re getting in shape for Bond - well, it doesn't seem a valid reson for quitting a project.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Before the NON Tom Hardy fans get a heart attack :lol: :lol: :lol: let me say this

I'm a great TH fan and fore sure you can't compare those two actors, despite being britsh and at least for me handsome :twisted:

Bond is really huge and TH has done some blockbuster but no as a leading man.
But what I like about TH are his really smart choices to mix his films.

Mainstream Blockbuster like Batman and Inception and the remake of Mad Max (not out yet) mixed with really interresting and challenging roles like Broson and now Locke. A romcom in between (I was entertained by This Means War) and some TV along the way.

And all this really mixed over the last 6 years or so.
Daniel has done that in the past and I just wish he would do that again.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Maybe when she wrote "I heard" it was actually that, when we only speculated the most obvious. Who knows...:dunno:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Alina

Post by Alina »

Germangirl wrote:Maybe when she wrote "I heard" it was actually that, when we only speculated the most obvious. Who knows...:dunno:
:dunno: Maybe, "I heard" seems quite vague though....
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

If we only would posts thing we have a valid proof for, this forum would be dead. :lol:

Almost everything on here concerning future projects is vague, we don't have an official statement about when Daniel starts principal filming on Bond either.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

All about Truth is vague and speculations. Maybe aces can get into detail.

Dunda, I think Tom is on his way, through supporti.g parts and good smaller films to get bigger, while Daniel has to watch out. Bond wont feed him forever . Maybe the failing of all his other projects, with most looking really promising, has desillusioned him and he doesnt really trust his own judgement anymore and doesnt really know, where to go. At least Tattoo should have brought him another franchise.

Could be though, that I am all wrong. He clearly is happy and maybe, he doesnt see it like I do. Is way more relaxed about it all. I could imagine that actually. :wink:

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda, i think October has been confirmed through several sources from people involved in the project.

Alina

Post by Alina »

I never ever said or implied that we should post only things we have valid proof for. I just made a statement of fact that "I heard" is vague; we speculate a lot and it's fine, I also speculate and assume a lot, what else can we do when no definite info is available? TripAces' post is also nothing but speculating, unless she can provide a reliable source. But if she can't it's still fine, everyone is entitled to share their ideas and every contribution is welcome and appreciated.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

TripAces wrote:OK...so I got an account mostly to post this response. Here is what I heard on Daniel's TWT pull out:

The script wasn't in shape yet.

Now, if you've paid attention to interviews Daniel has done in recent years, particularly in the behind the scenes doc for TGWTDT, you'll learn that he doesn't like to start filming without the script in shape. I'm sure he was burned on this in QoS and DH.

Add to this that he also needed to start getting in shape for Bond 24, well, there ya have it.
Thanks TripAces, is this info from an industry source?
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote: Could be though, that I am all wrong. He clearly is happy and maybe, he doesnt see it like I do. Is way more relaxed about it all. I could imagine that actually. :wink:
I think your quite right here. He does indeed look very happy ATM, it's just me being a silly
fan wanting for something that's making me happy like a fine little movie with plenty of screentime for HHH. :wink:
Last edited by Dunda on Wed May 21, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I think your quite right here. He does indeed look very happy ATM, it's just me being a silly
fan wanting for something that's making me happy like a fine little movie with plenty of screentime for HHH. :wink:
Right :D It will the question, how close 24 and 25 will be together. Will he even have time to make something else?

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Dunda wrote:
Germangirl wrote: Could be though, that I am all wrong. He clearly is happy and maybe, he doesnt see it like I do. Is way more relaxed about it all. I could imagine that actually. :wink:
I think that's what we all crave.
He doesn't make it easy does he? :lol:
Northcoast

Post by Northcoast »

I think Daniel would be wise to keep an eye out for some meaty supporting roles in interesting films. He doesn't always have to be the lead. Though we sure would want plenty of screen time. I hope he goes back to doing smaller British films too, and I've seen him mention that he wants to be part of the British film scene. I really have a hard time when he's not speaking in that glorious English accent of his. That's one reason I disliked C&A so much. I just couldn't get over that cowboy-inspired accent. But Daniel now has the liberty to do whatever the heck he wants to do and good for him!
Wag More, Bark Less