Please read this UPDATE

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Bless you Dunda, and if you need any assistance let me know. I can help with costs as well.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I didn't rexpect anything less from Mr. and Mrs. Smartypants. :thumbup:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Oh Wow.... I think I might start crying again, tears of joy this time!!!! :D :D :D :D

SUPERSTAR DUNDA!!!!!!!! :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore:

And Hubby Too!!!

Do we know if the new forum will look much the same as this one? 8) 8)
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

SmittenDramaKitten wrote: Do we know if the new forum will look much the same as this one? 8) 8)
Don't know exactly but I suppose phpbb3 will not THAT MUCH different from
phpbb2.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

THANK YOU, Dunda!!!!! I just went out and bought an external drive and planned to spend the day copying stuff as fast as I can... I'll only copy and many images as I can, but it sure would be nice to have members' posts transfer to the new host. YOU ARE TRULY AN ANGEL!!!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf, as i understand it, nothing will be lost and the images will be there.

Must say, I have always saved right away, what i wanted and have tem on a hd. 36 folders, all full with I don't know how many piucs and vids and whatnot.
CRAZY :blush:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Not crazy GG, just sensible. Someone needs to keep an archive and it seems you and Dunda are doing that. :clapclap:
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

So am I reading this right? All our posts and profiles and history, etc. be saved and ported to the new site?
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

bumblebee wrote:So am I reading this right? All our posts and profiles and history, etc. be saved and ported to the new site?
at the moment it looks like it can be done....

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Dunda wrote:
bumblebee wrote:So am I reading this right? All our posts and profiles and history, etc. be saved and ported to the new site?
at the moment it looks like it can be done....
Yay, because someone is creeping up on 20k and we wouldn't want you to start from zero again!! Thanks again D.
bubita

Post by bubita »

Thanks so much Dunda and hubby!!! Fingers crossed all is gonna end up well.
DragonWithAGirlTattoo

Post by DragonWithAGirlTattoo »

Dunda wrote:I give you a short info .....

I was able to save the contents of the forum and I was able to upload it to a virtual server on my computer.

( :blowkiss: to hubby who helped A LOT!!

Next week I will transfer the domain to the new hoster.

I will use the opportunity to migrate the forum to a newer software called phpbb3, which will most likely look very familiar. I have to figure that out and when it's done I will movie the contents to the new hoster too.

It can be that all users need to enter the first time with a standard password and have to change the password afterwards.
But I'm not sure how this will work exactly, so stay tuned on the Back Up board. I will post there when it's done.

At the moment it doesn't look too bad and maybe I can finish within a fortnight!
Dunda, you are awesome 8)
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

No kidding! I have been saving and saving though. Lots of missing images - the biggest losses are from trueblue. But we have to be thankful for what we have and that's plenty!!

So will the new forum work just like this one? I hope???

XOXOXOXO
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Dunda, thank you to you and your husband for all your hard work. Goodnight everyone.
PAMELA BRAMMER

please read this update

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

Thanks for your hard work Dunda. I have been away for the weekend and come back to this - its been quite a shock :(

Pam
Never regret anything that makes you smile!