I've seen it for the second time on preview on Tuesday. Oh gosh, I realized how tired I have been at my first viewing on October 26th in London because there were a lot I haven't seen then !
I really enjoyed it ! It's overall a fantastic movie. Daniel at his best ! He IS Bond, more than ever. He looks gorgeous in every sequence ! A true Daniel festival !
But, except the no-shirtless scenes with Daniel, it has 2 weak points for me :
- Christoph Waltz was not cruel enough for my taste (comparing to other vilains he has played before),
- the chemistry between LÃ©a and Daniel was not strong enough. It was by far not the chemistry there was between Vesper Lynd and Bond ! But it's not LÃ©a's fault, it's the plot. She played it very good but her character was not deep enough, her story came up to quickly. They could have go more deeper in that.
For me, if these 2 points would have been better, the movie would have been exceptional !
Hubby adored it ! He said he didn't see the time pass and, as a passionate photographer he is, he praised the quality of the pictures !
For me the end of the movie is very open and there is big room for a next part...
- Blofeld is not death, so his sprawling organisation could make him escape,
- Mister Hinx, are we sure he is death ? He was smashed out of the train and must be a little damaged but he can still be alive... BTW, the only words he had to say in the movie was : "oh shit !"
- Didn't Daniel say in an interview that they first wanted to make 2 movies in a row ?
Well, time will tell !