Box Office

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Spectre opened at number 1 at the Australian box office.
Angua

Post by Angua »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Well Ladies, not the No is important but the numberS. There is nothing out there this week to compete. Its needs to make big money NOW. So, its important how much it did compared top SF. In a weay, it has to make MORE to get to the same amount due to the lower dollar or however you put it.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

caramel

Post by caramel »

'Spectre' Box Office: 007 Snags $15M Opening Day In China, Will Cross $100M In The U.S. Today

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendel ... -us-today/
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

International Box Office: Spectre Shoots Past $350 Million

http://filmonic.com/international-box-o ... 50-million
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I would wish for north of 850 mill, but its not gonna be easy. With how much would you call it a success? Had the film be more to everybodies taste, it would have done the billion easily. There is a lot of good will around and that is what Spectre can count on.

I think, they were close, but missed out on a few things to make it really brilliant or lets say, not enough people think it is.

I guess, what those, who don't like it that much are missing, is the emotional impact it lacks. But then, that is exactly as the old ones were.

But was it wise to go back to that so closely?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

GLOBAL REPORT: 'Spectre' Crosses $500M Worldwide With Strong China Debut :D

Spectre
Overseas Weekend: $152.6M
Overseas Total: $413.1M
Global Total: $543.8M

http://pro.boxoffice.com/news/2015-11-15-global-report
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

And that's without DVD sales, etc. I read that Bond movie attendees are typically adult men who will take reviews into account before deciding to go or not. I had dinner with a friend last night, and based on the reviews, now at 69% users, she doesn't think she'll attend. I have another friend who feels the same way. I would find it pretty incredible if Spectre could beat Skyfall's profit given 30% difference in RT ratings. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
caramel

Post by caramel »

Settling into #1 for a second weekend in a row, the 24th James Bond film, Spectre, brought in an estimated $35.4 million for only a 49.7% drop. As impressive as that may be, it's overseas where the film is making the most waves this weekend. After breaking records in the U.K., the film took in an estimated $48 million in China this weekend. If that estimate holds it's looking at China records as the largest opening weekend and largest opening three days of all time for any 2D US film. Add to that, it's already encroaching on the $59 million Skyfall made during its entire China run.

Of that China number, $4.6 million came from 246 IMAX screens, which was also a new three-day record for a November release, besting Interstellar. Spectre currently sits at $543.8 million worldwide, moving it into the top ten for the year.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4122&p=.htm
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Wow! That visit to China surely didn't hurt either. I sure wish them success!
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Bond audience mostly male?
With Daniel in the role??
That would surprise me A LOT. :o :o :twisted: :wink:
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

1st in box office for second week in a row, but Hunger Games comes out this Friday.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Very sadly so. Even though its not as big overseas in in the US, but its gonna gtake away theaters. :evil:

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

It will be interesting to see how Spectre performs in India. It has received a lot of publicity out there regarding the kissing scenes being cut but it has also received mostly poor reviews.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

IMO poor reviews sounds a bit harsh :wink:

the overall tenor seems to be...
not as good as Skyfall, back to the "formularic" Bond, but still a fun ride

INDIATODAY 3/5
But then, Spectre has at its core a James Bond. Despite all its flaws, the film is better than a lot of your average fare. The story is easy to figure out and the grey matter is sung a lullaby to, but Spectre is to be savoured. The 25th James Bond is a few years away. That should prod one to make a trip to the theatre.
Hindustan Times 3/5
For those who are going to compare it to Skyfall, this simply isn’t as good. There is neither the emotional connect nor the sweet melancholy that inhabited the last film, but it is a joyous ride nonetheless. And for what he made out of Bond, we owe this to Daniel Craig as he dons the tux for the very last time. You also owe it to the teenager inside you who loves the whirl of excitement the way only Bond can give - shaken not stirred.
zeenews.india.com 3/5
Overall, ‘Spectre’ is a dazzling film, but it lacks the lustre and adrenaline rush of a 007 film from the bygone Cold War Era. The chutzpah and the aura are missing.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com