Box Office

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Dunda wrote:IMO poor reviews sounds a bit harsh :wink:

the overall tenor seems to be...
not as good as Skyfall, back to the "formularic" Bond, but still a fun ride

INDIATODAY 3/5
But then, Spectre has at its core a James Bond. Despite all its flaws, the film is better than a lot of your average fare. The story is easy to figure out and the grey matter is sung a lullaby to, but Spectre is to be savoured. The 25th James Bond is a few years away. That should prod one to make a trip to the theatre.
Hindustan Times 3/5

For those who are going to compare it to Skyfall, this simply isn’t as good. There is neither the emotional connect nor the sweet melancholy that inhabited the last film, but it is a joyous ride nonetheless. And for what he made out of Bond, we owe this to Daniel Craig as he dons the tux for the very last time. You also owe it to the teenager inside you who loves the whirl of excitement the way only Bond can give - shaken not stirred.
zeenews.india.com 3/5
Overall, ‘Spectre’ is a dazzling film, but it lacks the lustre and adrenaline rush of a 007 film from the bygone Cold War Era. The chutzpah and the aura are missing.
Average at best.... :wink:

Bollywood Life 2/5
SPECTRE movie review: Daniel Craig’s new adventure as James Bond is a cluttered and boring MESS!

Koimoi.com 2/5

Watch or Not?:
If you are a James Bond series fan and mind you not the Daniel Craig one but since the Sean Connery times, give this one up. Save yourself the disappointment!

Rediff.com 2.5/5

Review: Spectre is a long film, short on thrills

Behind the woods 2.5/5

Verdict: A tantalizing tale of an agent who does it one more time but nothing extraordinary.

Firstpost.com

Spectre review: Daniel Craig’s rumoured final Bond film is more zero than 007
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I wonder, what he really thinks about all ts. Can he even understand, what they are talking about? But I am sure, nobody expected this.

I am really sorry for him, but they were the ones, making this film, so...
it has, as a plus, the fully fletched Bond, but everything else, that was so good in his films, is missing.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:I wonder, what he really thinks about all ts. Can he even understand, what they are talking about? But I am sure, nobody expected this.

I am really sorry for him, but they were the ones, making this film, so...
it has, as a plus, the fully fletched Bond, but everything else, that was so good in his films, is missing.
I think on the whole people were expecting something different. The last half hour of Skyfall wasn't brilliant imo, but the rest of it made up for it.
Spectre could have been so much better.
Nearly everyone I know, apart from my Hubby who thought it was excellent,
thought it was ok, fairly good but not as good as Skyfall or CR.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Some of my friends who didn't like Skyfall AT ALL liked Spectre and vice versa.

My best friend (Brosnan fan) refused to go and see it in the theater, because she hated Skyfall (too much drama, too brooding and too personal, and nothing to laugh about) and her hubby convinced her and she liked it too.

I guess if you llike the humour and don't miss a character arc and are content with a simple storyline you go for it.

I'm first and formost a Daniel fan and so I was able to enjoy Spectre VERY VERY much, because Daniel was just great
And as far as Bond movies are concerned, for me it's enough to have a few laughs (and I had those, because all scenes with Ben were great) and good henchman (I enjoyed Bautista).
That's not say I was missing a really evil villain (was disappointed in Waltz) and thought it could have been 15 minutes shorter.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

It still has a chance to go down as a successful movie. Should get close to 700 after the weekend or even 700. So this is all we can hope for now. That is still does a good BO.

Daniel and Sam are two highly intelligent people. Still they were not able to find the gold hidden in there somewhere. I suggest, there should be people from outside the box, who look over it from time to time. Because if you are too involved in something, you tend to get lost in it and can't see clearly anymore. I believe, this is what has happened.

Still, its not a total failure by all means,just not as good as it could have been and will leave many people disappointed. So we have the same situation, we had after QOS. Maybe they can deliver another SF after this :wink:

If I wasn't all that much for Daniel to return. Now he has to. To stamp Elba into the ground and to make a glorious Good Bye film.

If only they could get Martin back. He knew, how to display DC and everything else.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:Some of my friends who didn't like Skyfall AT ALL liked Spectre and vice versa.

My best friend (Brosnan fan) refused to go and see it in the theater, because she hated Skyfall (too much drama, too brooding and too personal, and nothing to laugh about) and her hubby convinced her and she liked it too.

I guess if you llike the humour and don't miss a character arc and are content with a simple storyline you go for it.

I'm first and formost a Daniel fan and so I was able to enjoy Spectre VERY VERY much, because Daniel was just great
And as far as Bond movies are concerned, for me it's enough to have a few laughs (and I had those, because all scenes with Ben were great) and good henchman (I enjoyed Bautista).
That's not say I was missing a really evil villain (was disappointed in Waltz) and thought it could have been 15 minutes shorter.
All of this and yes, I enjoy just sitting there watching Daniel. Looking forward to Monday. You sure, its playing OV at that time? Maybe we shold check again.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:
Dunda wrote:Some of my friends who didn't like Skyfall AT ALL liked Spectre and vice versa.

All of this and yes, I enjoy just sitting there watching Daniel. Looking forward to Monday. You sure, its playing OV at that time? Maybe we shold check again.
Daniel is definitely the best thing about Spectre. I also enjoyed Q and M and Hinx was great, but it lacked suspense. It's not a bad movie, but it's not great either imo.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:

Daniel is definitely the best thing about Spectre. I also enjoyed Q and M and Hinx was great, but it lacked suspense. It's not a bad movie, but it's not great either imo.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Bond and Q were GREAT. I woudn't know, how to better those scenes. Ben is also just so good in timing his lines, as is Daniel. They are quite the combo.

caramel

Post by caramel »

Germangirl wrote:
Daniel and Sam are two highly intelligent people. Still they were not able to find the gold hidden in there somewhere. I suggest, there should be people from outside the box,

If I wasn't all that much for Daniel to return. Now he has to. To stamp Elba into the ground and to make a glorious Good Bye film.

If only they could get Martin back. He knew, how to display DC and everything else.
My thoughts exactly. Especially that Elba thing

I wasn't on-board for Daniel doing more Bond after Spectre but after seeing him in this I genuinely want him to do another one. Bring in a different director.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Cheers sista :cheers1:

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

caramel wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Daniel and Sam are two highly intelligent people. Still they were not able to find the gold hidden in there somewhere. I suggest, there should be people from outside the box,

My thoughts exactly. Especially that Elba thing

I wasn't on-board for Daniel doing more Bond after Spectre but after seeing him in this I genuinely want him to do another one. Bring in a different director.
I agree, I don't understand the gushing over Mendes. Any decent director could have seen the Spectre was in need of work - editing, script, etc. What was Mendes doing, poncying about being a bit of a lovey on set?

I loved CR, bring back Campbell!
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Now I'm depressed again... I know everyone seems to be happy with Daniel and his performance and yet, it's not considered good enough. I just don't get why. :?

It's clear that all those involved worked damn hard on this movie and I think it shows. Oh, I have my criticisms... Seydoux and her slightly lack lustre Bond Girl (which grates me to say it because I have long wished for a Non Evil Blonde Bond Girl)... The rather dim and dark cinematography (why is everything shot in browns and greys? Apart from Day of the Dead, it's all looking a bit 'washed out')...

Those are my minimal gripes. I have no problem with the length. I don't know, I just don't know why views are so deeply split... :dunno: :dunno:

I LOVE IT. Just give me Daniel and send me away... Day of the Dead, Rome (seeing those cars zip around the Eternal City is VERY special), the action in general.. 8)
I hope the negative comments doesn't dissuade Daniel from doing another. He may think 'OMG, we threw everything but the kitchen sink into this one... HOW can we TOP it??? Maybe best not to even try..."
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Don't get me wrong SDK, I enjoyed it immensely, more so than Skyfall. But it could have been so much more, and i don't get why BB, Sony, Mendes, and even Daniel couldn't see that - from casting to the editing room. Maybe over time we'll get more insights.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I'm not directly having a go at any one Mrs Bee...
I was just 'sounding off' that's all... :oops: