NTTD: Out October 2021

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

It's a glimmer of hope yes.
Christmas might come early.
Daniel might not make an announcement until after othello.
But, what do I know.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Its really nothing to get excited about. I could have told you that. They sure keep it secretive.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Maria

Post by Maria »

At least it's in the news. That will help when we have another dry spell...
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Germangirl wrote:Its really nothing to get excited about. I could have told you that. They sure keep it secretive.
Not excited. Why didn't you tell us.🤔
Agree Maria, at least it's on the news radar.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Interesting that his reply is not a definite "no"...

Noting that Mendes said he was stopping at two 007 films, and that there are rumors Daniel Craig will likely return for more after initially begging out, I ask if this was about the time he receives the inevitable call from James Bond, pulling him back in for his third 007 film?

“I think you’re going to have to ask…I don’t think anyone’s getting a call from Daniel Craig until he opens in Othello, which is his entire focus,â€￾ Mendes said

http://deadline.com/2016/11/sam-mendes- ... 201859603/
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I totally hope, he doesn't return. I don't think, anybody, even those, who liked the film, want more of the same. Neither do I. Plus Daniel and Sam together is NOT a dream team IMO. The missing sex (not done or cut) and naked indicates - something went seriously wrong.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

No to Sam Mendes again. If Daniel is to do one more movie I want it to have the same oomph as CR and SF
FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

Great ! This comfirmes, once more, what I've always thought : he's not out and there is still hope !
ImageImageImage
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

...I have no idea, but IMO, they should give the directing job to Mr Campell for Bond 25.
FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

Jana66 wrote:...I have no idea, but IMO, they should give the directing job to Mr Campell for Bond 25.
Good idea Jana ! He started the Craig erea what a blast movie and should close it with another one ! :)
ImageImageImage
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Yes to Campbell!!
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Please no Mendes...

Campbell may be a bit too old now but he sure does get the formula. He seems to prefer to introduce the new Bond to audiences anyway (or so the CV suggests)

Oh, God, it's probably going to be Mendes again isn't it lol.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I hope, he knows, when he is done. Mendes I mean. And he IS done. Never mind, how much they love each other. Get a room, you two, but don't even think of another Bond :twisted:

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Daniel. Please do two more Bonds!

The first with Sam. Please do it again! So we can chat together at Bond 25 premiere. 8)

And the second with Martin Champell. CR was great. 8)
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Germangirl wrote:I totally hope, he doesn't return. I don't think, anybody, even those, who liked the film, want more of the same. Neither do I. Plus Daniel and Sam together is NOT a dream team IMO. The missing sex (not done or cut) and naked indicates - something went seriously wrong.
I actually agree with GG here. :o
SF and SP were too similar... the difference in tone between CR and QOS was way different to SF and SP...
Not that they weren't all great movies (I think) in their own way.
Martin Campbell is an old hand at Bond movies. He will do a great job if he has the time and energy to do it... 8)

PS... Love your words 'Get a room' GG! :lol: It's a bromance! I think Sam Mendes is great but he needs to make some serious style/content changes if he decides to come back.