NTTD: Out October 2021

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Its possible. Purity seems not a big part. Maybe there is more work in the producing thing.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

I think that too, "Purity" will not need Daniel for the whole serie in front of a camera.
And... :D yes, keep going. I want Daniel for Bond 25!
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

I think he has some time off between now and Purity? So maybe they are getting things started and finalised for Bond 25 and then start shooting after Purity?
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

KillerHeels wrote:
Daniel_Craig wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Watch from 9.5. Is that a confirmation for a Yes?

https://youtu.be/D18oDGK8klQ

Daniel said in the past more often that he would rather cut his wrist as before he would continue to play James Bond. This was however directly after the end of the shooting to "Specter". Weeks later came "Who knows?" Or "I could well imagine this role to continue to play".

All these questions, right after the turn, had pissed him off and he had told these reporters the reporters.

In the end, Daniel also knows what the Bond role has brought him. Worldwide fame and a full-fledged account. Through Bond, he had got roles that he would never get without Bond because he was unknown. Bond has catapulted him from the independent field into the world market. Even an actor knows that you do not cut the branch on which you sit.

Barbara Broccoli gave Daniel to Specter the time he wanted for his own projects. First time with the family and then ....

Logan Lucky
Othello
Kings ...

I guess Daniel will return as James Bond ....
Don't forget Purity...

That's going to take a few weeks this year to film. Isn't it 20 episodes?
Then I think Bond pre production late 17 and filming in 2018... That's most of next year.
Thoughts?
Oops... THX for the reminder. ;)

Purity will be a small thing for Daniel. Only 20 episodes. I guess Daniel will have a complete scean time running about 2 or 3 episodes (3 x 45 min.). They need Daniels name for promotion.
With Daniel in the cast sold so a series simply better. I admit that I would like to see this show only because Daniel is playing a role in this thing!

The filming of a TV series is not as complicated as with a big movie. The scenes are quickly turned off. When Daniel is busy shooting for about 8 weeks, this is a long time for a TV series.
FrenchCat

Post by FrenchCat »

Woo hoo this sounds all good ! :jamming: I will start to save money for the Bond 25 premiere :D
ImageImageImage
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I honestly don't know how it would possible to turn down $150m to act in a series for 6 months and play a character whom you are completely familiar. And the producers are begging you. You'd have to be nuts! Of course the script would have to be good, but that's a given. Certainly a script good enough. We can excuse QOS because of the writers' strike. It's just waaaaay too much money to turn down, IMO. To say that he doesn't care about money is naive.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

He Turned down Bond, when he was "poor" why would it be different now that he is rich? Imo he tries to get a good Money, once he decided to Do it, but I am pretty sure, it Never was or will be the reason. Having said that, i hope, he doesnt Do it. Too Risky. I have Nö trust in Them anymore or him. I dont Want him to destroy his legacy.

Time will Tell. I think we will hear something in the Beat future
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Bond, as he knew it, was campy. And he did take the role when it didn't pay more than anyone else would get. Wasn't it $4-6m? $150m is an entirely different story. But I'm with you, i wish he'd say no. I want him n a lead g man role.
KillerHeels

Post by KillerHeels »

Daniel strikes me as being a pretty determined character both on and off screen. He'll have thought through the pros and cons. Do I do this gig one more time or not? Is it for me, or the money or the art? Or all. Or neither....

He seemingly has a very good relationship with Barbara B (who basically put on Othello as a gift for him) I think that he will do it - if he's asked. It will be his last Bond film for sure. And he'll let everyone know!

And aren't Omega meeting with him in a few weeks to confirm the new Bond seamaster watch? So it would seem that his input is beng sought. Personally I couldn't think of any other actor around that brings his style to the role of the essential smooth English assassin.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Didn't he say that the reports of $150m was rubbish?
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Didn't he say that the reports of $150m was rubbish?
Dont get me wrong, I love him to death, but he lies to the press as much as trump :lol:
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

sf2la wrote:
Dont get me wrong, I love him to death, but he lies to the press as much as trump :lol:
Haha....That's true, but I don't believe it personally.
SilverDragon

Post by SilverDragon »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
sf2la wrote:
Haha....That's true, but I don't believe it personally.
Neither do I
bubita

Post by bubita »

YES!!! yes, yes These are good news to me. I want him to play Bond again.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I think he'll do it. To go out on Spectre did not secure his legacy. If he does do it, it will be laid out that it's his last, and that will fill the theaters in droves.
Last edited by bumblebee on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.