NTTD: Out October 2021

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maria

Post by Maria »

Red-Snow wrote:From The Hollywood Reporter's interview with Sony’s movie chief Tom Rothman.

Where do discussions stand on the next James Bond film?

I’m not going to comment on that, other than to say that we remain very interested in continuing that excellent and important relationship. And I think we have certain advantages as the incumbent. No discussions have started yet.
Sounds positive to me. Hopeful me.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

No discussions yet. What are they waiting for?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Maria

Post by Maria »

Germangirl wrote:No discussions yet. What are they waiting for?
A working script? Maybe DC told them he won't decide until he reads if it is a decent story line?
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Maria wrote:
A working script? Maybe DC told them he won't decide until he reads if it is a decent story line?
I think GG is talking about the delay of the discussion about the distribution rights of the next Bond movie.
Last thing I read was that negotiation will start in spring 2016, so they are late....

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Maria

Post by Maria »

Dunda wrote:
Maria wrote:
I think GG is talking about the delay of the discussion about the distribution rights of the next Bond movie.
Last thing I read was that negotiation will start in spring 2016, so they are late....
Oh! Thank you for clarifying. Yet their lack of any decision or real news is disturbing.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

It so good, that in case Daniel is oput, we so don't care when and if the next one is going to happen :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Dunda wrote:
Maria wrote:
Deadline said they wont begin negotiations until later in the year.

There have been no negotiations on where the Bond movie will land (Sony or Warner Bros. are out front on this) and although it was thought that negotiations might start after the first quarter 2016, parties are not likely to engage in negotiations until later this year. There is no workable script yet and the creative elements have yet to come into place.

I think they may be waiting for the Brexit fall out, which will impact the film industry heavily.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Red-Snow wrote:
Dunda wrote:
Maria wrote: A working script? Maybe DC told them he won't decide until he reads if it is a decent story line?
Deadline said they wont begin negotiations until later in the year.

There have been no negotiations on where the Bond movie will land (Sony or Warner Bros. are out front on this) and although it was thought that negotiations might start after the first quarter 2016, parties are not likely to engage in negotiations until later this year. There is no workable script yet and the creative elements have yet to come into place.

I think they may be waiting for the Brexit fall out, which will impact the film industry heavily.
This is what scares me... a lot. :shock: :shock: :(
I still want to remain positive and hopeful. Nobody knows how this thing will play out.
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Sony are talking specifically about the distribution deal that they have with MGM. I don't think we can infer anything from this, positively or negatively, other than exactly what they have said.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hey Cheeky, hope you are ok.

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Yeah, I'm good, thanks :).

I'm curious to know now with Brexit what the impact would be on the next Bond film, if any.

My hunch is that it makes it even less likely for DC to return (will it push it even further back?) but it's too soon to tell.
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

CheekyNandos wrote:Yeah, I'm good, thanks :).

I'm curious to know now with Brexit what the impact would be on the next Bond film, if any.

My hunch is that it makes it even less likely for DC to return (will it push it even further back?) but it's too soon to tell.
Or they will light a fire under their arses and get things going while EU rules still apply, rather than starting once Article 50 has been triggered and we truly enter the unknown.
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Unfortunately there's already quite an impact by it without Article 50 :/
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I'm trying not to think about that. :( The 'Leave' vote may not go through on an 100% basis anyway... a lot of wrangling in Parliament for the foreseeable future.