Othello

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

I wonder .....is there a hint of truth in this maybe, or just. pure speculation?
It seems to be going down a storm.

Might an Aston Martin park on West 50th? Could be James Bond back on the big-time stage. Off-B’way’s “Othelloâ€￾ starring 007’s Daniel Craig might move to on-B’way next year . . .

http://pagesix.com/2016/11/28/bathroom- ... th-rupaul/
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Maybe because it seems to go down so well and its certainly worthy of the big stage. But what of Purity. Would there even be time?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:Maybe because it seems to go down so well and its certainly worthy of the big stage. But what of Purity. Would there even be time?
I'm not sure when exactly Purity starts filming. They might have tome to do a
limited run perhaps.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Maybe because it seems to go down so well and its certainly worthy of the big stage. But what of Purity. Would there even be time?
I'm not sure when exactly Purity starts filming. They might have time to do a
limited run perhaps.
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Sylvia's girl wrote:
limited run perhaps.
Andreas Wolf was really in 'Purity' that much, though given DC's status they might give him a more prominent role in the tv series. I am curious to see how they deal with a book that jumps back and forth between characters and time. Regardless, I'm sure DC will be brilliant.

And of course, I would love it if 'Othello' moved to Broadway. He may even have a shot at a Tony if it does.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Red-Snow wrote:
Sylvia's girl wrote:
limited run perhaps.
Andreas Wolf was really in 'Purity' that much, though given DC's status they might give him a more prominent role in the tv series. I am curious to see how they deal with a book that jumps back and forth between characters and time. Regardless, I'm sure DC will be brilliant.

And of course, I would love it if 'Othello' moved to Broadway. He may even have a shot at a Tony if it does.
Yes, a lot of Wolf's time in the book was him as a young man which obviously can't be played by Daniel. Maybe they'll make more of a feature of him in the series.
I'd love him to get a Tony.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

From The Talking Broadway site
Seems it was Daniel that was ill.

I caught OTHELLO at New York Theatre Workshop the other night and generally liked it. It's high concept. Seems to be set in an army barracks in Iraq or Afghanistan. amongst an international force. There's really no set: the space is a light-coloured wooden room with mattresses lined up in two rows. There's scattered trunks that serve as tables and some battery-powered lights that illuminate the darker scenes. There's also a wash of fluorescent-type lighting that comes up over the whole room: audience and playing space. And much of the show is done in very dark conditions, sometimes just lit by personal flashlights or even the glare from smart phones.

Acting is strong. Daniel Craig is a terrific Iago, scary and muscular and very funny. Some of the soliloquies he does in the aisles sitting next to audience members and taking them individually into his confidence. David Oyelowo is quite old school, with a resonant, rolling voice that reminded me a bit of Olivier. Like everyone in the cast he is fighting fit and very sexy. Not so vulnerable but very believable as the enraged cuckold. Finn Wittrock plays Cassio as an all-American naïf and he's sexy and sweet and empathetic. Rachel Brosnahan is very clear and well-spoken and smart as Desdemona, but I have to admit I never really "get" what interesting about the character. Michael Maher is very funny in his inimitable way as Rodrigo and David Wilson Barnes is astonishing as The Duke: he can do boring technocrats and make them so interesting without seeming to do anything and not making it into a "turn".

Show ran 3 hours and a bit. 90 minute first act, 80 minutes second act. The space was very airless for most of the show and people were fanning themselves. Wasn't sure if it was a directorial attempt to recreate the heat and suffocation of the setting. Seats are wooden benches with cushioned seats. Mildly uncomfortable.
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

WHELP. My ticket is an aisle one.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

CheekyNandos wrote:WHELP. My ticket is an aisle one.
Brace yourself! :lol:
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

PFFT. We'll see. :) But I'm braced either way hehe
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

CheekyNandos wrote:PFFT. We'll see. :) But I'm braced either way hehe
I'm not really jealous!! :twisted:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Why Do you think from this article, it was Daniel, who was ill?

Anyway, there is a lot to be jealous about. ALOT :evil:

Anybody try to take pics of Film a little for us. Please!!
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:Why Do you think from this article, it was Daniel, who was ill?

Anyway, there is a lot to be jealous about. ALOT :evil:

Anybody try to take pics of Film a little for us. Please!!
There have been several tweets/ posts stating it was Daniel, one if them from an arts reviewer from Esquire. I didn't get that from the article . :wink:
PAMELA BRAMMER

Othello

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

My Saturday seat is an aisle set too :D
Never regret anything that makes you smile!
Dunda
Administrator

Re: Othello

Post by Dunda »

PAMELA BRAMMER wrote:My Saturday seat is an aisle set too :D
He should recognize you by now and take the seat next to you! :wink:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com