Othello

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Well done Cheeky! :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Really hope all worked out so well in the end. You will See the play, I am sure of that. :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

PAMELA BRAMMER

Othello

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

Thats brilliant news Cheeky. Good luck :D
Never regret anything that makes you smile!
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Yep. Confirmed front row tomorrow matinee.

Yayyy! I'll let you know how it goes :D
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

CheekyNandos wrote:Yep. Confirmed front row tomorrow matinee.

Yayyy! I'll let you know how it goes :D

I can't wait for your report!

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hm, this is just recycled from the first article. But if so, I am happy.The theater you found a while back seemed pretty goodfor their purpose.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

So I got to see it today!

It was incredible. A true once in a lifetime experience. Daniel was on top form. He was, at some points, standing so close that if I were to extend my hand I'd have touched him. The performance was top notch. It was intense, mischievous and horribly devious. He gets Iago and really gets underneath the skin of him. The show itself is easy to follow, even for me who isn't really a big Shakespeare fan.

The part that sticks out the most... There was a section where he performs under a small head light in the corner. I moved forward to look around the guy next to me. His eyes locked onto mine and it was intense, intimidating and incredibly scary. It's all I can think about but not because it was him... But because it was so utterly convincing. It was the type of look that could drag you into a nightmare. Daniel was truly in his element. I'm so happy and blessed that I got to see this in the end.

David was also amazing (I spoke to him and Rachel outside, got an autograph and a selfie that I'll post once I'm back after Xmas)... I felt so much for the characters that I had to hold back the tears and by the end I hated Iago so much.

I asked Dan's bodyguard if he was coming out and was told no. Me and my friend are going back tomorrow evening in the hope we might be able to get something... I may drop the whole UK and home town element in there to the bodyguard and see if it gives me any luck at all. It's worth a cheeky go, such is the namesake!

I bumped into someone who lurks these forums and asked me if I posted here. A German lady who was waiting for Dan. IDK if she knows you, gg, but she mentioned something about curly hair and the spectre premiere? Anyway, if you're reading this, I'm so sorry for running down the street without warning! My uber pulled up at the end of the road and I needed to catch it to get to another show I was seeing. I'm so sorry about that.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Thanks for the report, Ckeeky. I am so pleased that you got to see the play in the end. Enjoy the rest of your stay in New York.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Fantastic report. Also so glad, you made it. Its sad, Daniel isn't into autographs, but he never was.
But good luck.

No, I wasn't at any Spectre premiere :wink:

Have a save trip home.

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

I can only try! It'll be eleven at night so there's nothing else I'd be doing. I'd like my friend to get one so :)

Oh and thanks! One full day left then we fly back Friday. I'm coming down with a cold so flying will be painful... Time to see if I can get pseudoedephrine.

No idea how I'm gonna get that here...
PAMELA BRAMMER

Othello

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

So glad you got to see it. It is amazing isnt it. Definitely worth a go at the stage door tomorrow. Good luck and go for it.
Enjoy the rest of your trip and have a safe journey home. :D
Never regret anything that makes you smile!
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

@Cheeky,
I am happy for you! So you could see it!
I wish you feeling better soon. And good luck for the stage door.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

So pleased and excited for you cheeky! What an experience. It's nice to live it through these reviews. Good luck!
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Love this review...

All of which creates the kind of climate and ethos in which Daniel Craig’s beefy, bluff Iago makes terrifying sense. And this is the next revelation, that the guy we know as James Bond should be the most appropriately sickening Iago; the horror and charm of Craig’s performance is vast and the overriding response is awe......

The play’s last revelation was hardest to bear: that the realest and most terrible thing I’d see on stage this year would be Daniel Craig crying—no longer a man’s man, but a boy—cowed and shamed and making his way toward those bodies with an outstretched hand.

http://4columns.org/hoby-hermione/othello