Othello

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Yes, it's definitely on, one of the actors has just posted so on instagram. :D
PAMELA BRAMMER

Othello

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

Thanks for that SG, its been an agonising 24 hours! Just feel so sorry for the people like Cheeky's friend :(
Never regret anything that makes you smile!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

But I guess, no more info? Poor actors, to have to do it twice a day. That's heavy. But great, its all good :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

She has heard nothing, no. I have told her to be persistent, it may give her a better chance and luck if she hasn't heard anything new by Wednesday.

I feel especially sorry for her because it was either this or something else. She decided to choose this and then she never got a ticket during general sale. She literally lucked out for a row A seat on a return last night and now... Well, yeah, she'll have to get what she is given if she gets anything at all... Fingers crossed. Who knows, they may even run a couple of extra performances on a Sunday or so where there are gaps but I doubt it.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

One couple flew to NYC on Friday purely to see Othello on Saturda,from the UK. They were offered the matinee today but they were unable to change their mornig flight to later. She said she was really gutted and in tears.
Last edited by Sylvia's girl on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Jesus... Yeah, that's my nightmare right there. Or that my flights are delayed/cancelled/whatnot. I feel so sorry for them :(.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

This is really - dunno, not a life threatening drama but terrible nonetheless,

What an ordeal top fly in and out in such a short time and not making any time in between. :(
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

It's shitty but it's also why I bought insurance lol.

Yeah, I wouldn't have travelled out to NYC purely for this - it's too much money this time of year. I'd already had the flights booked and no Othello tickets so it was just on a hope that I could get to go. There is a lot of fun to be had in NYC otherwise so we're making a good five days out of it. But each to their own, if that is what they wanted to do, then that is what they wanted to do. Bad luck for them :/
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

It will be interesting to see what the critics think if it.
Certainly seems to be going down well the the theatre going public.
It's a shame that off Broadway shows aren't eligible for the Tony's, they might have stood a good chance.

Brian Harasek â€￾@brianhny 4h4 hours ago
@NYTW79 #OthelloNYTW was incredible! So thankful to have seen it. #DavidOyelowo & #DanielCraig were amazing!

Whythelongface â€￾@HazelFinnie 5h5 hours ago
What a treat to see NYTW's Othello. Shakespeare reimagined and completely enthralling. Congrats to the entire company. #othellonytw

Ellis Graham â€￾@Ellis__Graham 5h5 hours ago
The New York Theatre Workshop's production of 'Othello' is exactly how theatre should be. I was enthralled. #OthelloNYTW

Da×￾iel Bobby Tuttle â€￾@DanielUrBrother 6h6 hours ago
I can count on 1 hand the times I've seen #Shakespeare Done like THAT! Bravo #DanielCraig #DavidOyelowo & #OTHELLO w/ Dir #SamGold @NYTW79

Katy â€￾@StealingCake 8h8 hours ago
Still can't get over Othello. Daniel Craig is the best Iago I've ever seen. David Oyelowo was fab but Chiwetel Ejiofor remains my Othello.

Adrian Gaeta â€￾@GaetaAdrian 10h10 hours ago
"Jealousy -the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on." A powerful #Othello @NYTW79 thank u #DavidOyelowo #DanielCraig & co

From our own Elisa..

elisa g schneider â€￾@corellianjedi2 7h7 hours ago Manhattan, NY
First act was incredible! Outstanding performances all around! Loving Daniel Craig's Iago and David Oyelowo's #Othello!!! @NYTW79

Rohi Bagaria â€￾@rohibagaria
#Othello at @NYTW79 with legends #DavidOyelowo #DanielCraig. 1 of the most intense Shaksp performances in a long time
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

WOW, seems they nailed it from the start.

Yes, a shame, if the critics love it as well, they mnight have been in for an award, but then again - I suppose, this is exactly what Daniel wants out of it. He nailed Shakespeare - no Award can make up for that. :D

Thanks Sylvia so much for the collection. :blowkiss:

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

My pleasure GG....so glad it's going down well. :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

You can say that again and he seems to hold his own more then well against David.

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl wrote:You can say that again and he seems to hold his own more then well against David.
I hope Elisa shares her thoughts on it.
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

I always expected Daniel to do well in this... so pleased he is. :D