Logan Lucky

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

HM, but why dpnt they go See it? Maybe gold word of mouth will do the trick
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I think people are always drawn to comedies. RT users' score went down though. I thought it was good enough - I wasn't bored and I didn't feel ripped off, but I don't think it was great or a must-see unless you're a fan of one of the stars. It was harmless fun. Looking forward to what other people think.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Well.....sigh, first I do t know what Logan lucky thread to post on. So I'll do it here.
I had my free movie pass, brought my own snacks, so that made seeing LL worth my time.
I am not a NASCAR fan and the stigma that comes with it. I know it's HUGE but too redneck for me.
Channing Tatum is just too darn cute to be made into the overweight, scruffy, looser he was transformed into. Adam driver was spot on, he is quirky and funny just looking at the camera with a dead straight face...
I was most curious to see Riley keough (Elvis Presley's granddaughter)
Bang brothers were hysterical, they are funny characters and play stupid so well it's way too natural...ja ja ja ja
Seth McFarland was really good, he played a British race car driver.
DANIEL...oh DANIEL...his dialect was perfect. It was hard to wrap your head around seeing him on the screen and not hearing his natural voice. He projected the hillbilly accent so well his smooth voice that takes you to your knees will not appear in this movie.
All his facial expressions and mannorsiums were there and I know them by heart. He was in great physical condition.
He wasn't very funny, it's a soderberg film, what can I say.
I don't have the feeling that I want to see it over and over, I went I saw so now I wait for Bond.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Ditto, Boss. Adam Driver was perfect. He's a really good actor. Daniel was just as good, but it wasn't 'him' The accent, the hair...the extreme departure from his other roles. He was in shape, but there's no shirtless scene. I would probably gotten a kick out of him if I hadn't already watched his best scenes. NASCAR is too redneck for me too. It's obvious he's not taking the movie seriously. Hardly mentioned it is on Colbert. Colbert didn't ask him one question about what it was like playing that role. And he's not attending the premieres. Oh well. It's harmless.
KillerHeels

Post by KillerHeels »

Sf your last sentence summarised it. Colbert simply sked him on the show to reveal Bond. That's why he did it.

And it's been documented that he doesn't have to do press for LL. That's why I'm 99% sure we'll have a no show today. I'll hopefully find out the guest list from the papps at the theatre....
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

sf2la wrote:Ditto, Boss. Adam Driver was perfect. He's a really good actor. Daniel was just as good, but it wasn't 'him' The accent, the hair...the extreme departure from his other roles. He was in shape, but there's no shirtless scene. I would probably gotten a kick out of him if I hadn't already watched his best scenes. NASCAR is too redneck for me too. It's obvious he's not taking the movie seriously. Hardly mentioned it is on Colbert. Colbert didn't ask him one question about what it was like playing that role. And he's not attending the premieres. Oh well. It's harmless.
Daniel actually spoke about LL on Colbert, which is more than mosts guests do. There have been plenty of guest interviews on Colbert where there's no mention of the project they're on to promote at all. Christoph Waltz being a recent example.
lisacraig77

Post by lisacraig77 »

Hi, going to see LL on Friday. How long does the film last? ????
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Channing Tatum says Logan Lucky co-star Daniel Craig ‘can be in any skin he wants to’
http://www.independent.ie/style/celebri ... 55530.html

Arriving at the London premiere of the film, the Magic Mike star said: “I knew he was a comedic actor and I’ve seen a few of the late night interviews that he’s done. He’s wicked, witty and smart.

“I had no idea just how down he was, that’s the only way can put it."

“You can put the guy anywhere. I took him down to this place in Atlanta, it’s this off-roading park and we basically just hung out with the family that owns this off-roading park in their backyard and just grilled and had beers and rode round very dangerous dirt bikes and 4x4s, just wrecking them and he fits in there and he fits in wearing a tuxedo next to the queen."

“The guy can pretty much be in any skin he wants to be in.”

He continued: “I don’t think an American audience knows a lot of his early stuff, people know him so synonymously with Bond now that I think it’s going to be shocking for people, in America for sure, but I think it’s possibly going to be more shocking for you guys to see him.
“It’s such an iconic role it sort of becomes your life after a while.”
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Video: Channing Tatumn on co-star Daniel Craig at Logan Lucky premiere
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/video ... 56072.html
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Eye spy with my little eye me and Pam at 18 seconds lol.
PAMELA BRAMMER

Will there be a Logan lucky premiere

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

So did I lol :D
Never regret anything that makes you smile!
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

How cool, which ones are you?
PAMELA BRAMMER

Logan Lucky

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

I am the one in the red jacket and Cheeky is to my left (or right as you look at the vid) :D
Never regret anything that makes you smile!
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Love it, good for you. Such a shame DC wasn't there.
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

It was. We were in a real good spot if he had turned up too. Alas it was not meant to be!