DTD has just reported that Daniel is to play Steve McQueen

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

loucifer67

DTD has just reported that Daniel is to play Steve McQueen

Post by loucifer67 »

Dear all

DtD has just had a report from a member that Daniel will star with Eva Longoria in a Biopic of Steve McQueen.

I've always thought that he and Daniel had similar looks and acting qualities. I saw a SMcQ special on New Years Day just after the chimes had come in and thought then wouldn't it be a great idea if Dan did a movie about him.

Seems the Hollywood folks think like me

Lou
x
:)
louiethedog

Post by louiethedog »

How many movies can a man make in a year. Is it up to 4 or 5 now isn't it, He's going to make Blindness, he's going to do a movie with Sienna etc etc. Do we really know that he had his hair cut short to do Lucifer?

Rumours, how they spread!

As much as I would be interested to see him as McQueen, as so many people seem to think he looks like him, this really looks like more speculation
chrissie

Daniel as Steve

Post by chrissie »

This would be great if it happens. Steve was one my first big loves and this would just be amazing.
Fingers crossed
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Sounds interesting, but it hasn't been confirmed yet. As louiethedog said, I think at this point it's just a rumour.
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
MariaPortugal

Post by MariaPortugal »

Eva Longoria :( not a favourite! still, latina so, I can always find a substitute for her :lol:

Good Health To All.
whatever you do it's political, and everything you do should be political- you should be trying to make a point about something. And if you can manage to do that, then you're succeeding as an artist. - Daniel Craig.
DanFan2

Post by DanFan2 »

louiethedog wrote:How many movies can a man make in a year. Is it up to 4 or 5 now isn't it, He's going to make Blindness, he's going to do a movie with Sienna etc etc. Do we really know that he had his hair cut short to do Lucifer?

Rumours, how they spread!

As much as I would be interested to see him as McQueen, as so many people seem to think he looks like him, this really looks like more speculation
I think that this biopic is more than mere speculation. Extra TV is typically a reliable source of info and it tries to debunk rumors, not spread them. In this case, Extra went to the bottom of the rumor that Eva Longoria would be the next Bond girl. It found she wouldn't be in Bond 22, but it then learned that she would be in the McQueen biopic. Typically, Extra contacts publicists and people in the industry to get its info. Also, we don't know at what stage of development all of the projects in which Daniel's name has been linked to are in. Some of those projects, if they ever get off the ground, may not even be ready to start filming until next year.

Wendy
Co-Administrator, The Daniel Craig Forum
Co-Owner, Dedicated to Daniel Fansite
http://www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Loofah

Post by Loofah »

Daniel Craig. Playing STEVE McQUEEN, the coolest, sexiest (and most sex-driven) man who ever graced the planet.

My hormones just went into overdrive. I'm not sure I could survive that. But man, what a way to go! ;)

Here's hoping this project goes through. :)
a-hafan

Post by a-hafan »

Funny, I've always thought (as I'm sure many others have) that Daniel has something of McQueen about him. If this turns out to be true, he'll be perfect.
~ nicola
Coventry, UK

I have no armour left. You've stripped it from me.
Renske

Post by Renske »

Indeed, Daniel has got something similar with movie stars from the "early" years. For example, there are pictures of him (like The Trench), where he's got a cigarette in his mouth, and then he reminds me of stars like James Dean, Steve McQueen, Paul Newman, etc).
Lynda

Post by Lynda »

Strange really because although I fancy Daniel like mad, Steve McQueen doesn't do anything for me!!!
jovichick

Post by jovichick »

There is a picture in the gallery when he is walking in New York that captures him as the image of McQueen. He is THE actor to play him.
I will be keeping my eye on our Government's money....and off your perfectly formed arse - You noticed!!
Marisa

Post by Marisa »

MariaPortugal wrote:Eva Longoria :( not a favourite! still, latina so, I can always find a substitute for her

Hi Maria, same here. Nothing personal, she is pretty but I just don't think she is a very good actress, not of his caliber, anyway.
~Marisa

Yes, considerably
Tammy

Post by Tammy »

Daniel to play Steve McQueen? They couldn't have chosen a more appropriate actor.

But yes, I agree... Daniel has been slated to star in so many movies. He's getting too busy... he needs to take it easy at some time.
Maybe you're just out of practice.
a-hafan

Post by a-hafan »

jovichick wrote:There is a picture in the gallery when he is walking in New York that captures him as the image of McQueen. He is THE actor to play him.
Oh boy - SERIOUSLY sexy!
~ nicola
Coventry, UK

I have no armour left. You've stripped it from me.
Marisa

Post by Marisa »

jovichick wrote:There is a picture in the gallery when he is walking in New York that captures him as the image of McQueen. He is THE actor to play him.
He does look amazing! And you're right, I have seen photos of SM in a similar outfit except the jacket was tan. I was telling someone in this forum regarding this rumor that watching The Thomas Crown Affair with Steve McQueen one day, I couldn't help but noticed how much DC is like SM. Grant you, SM was not as buffed, but the resemblance goes beyond the physical. I really think he would be great for the rol. And it would probably be right up DC's alley since SM was a tortured soul, just the kind of challenge DC enjoys.
~Marisa

Yes, considerably