DTD has just reported that Daniel is to play Steve McQueen

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

User avatar
Loofah
Posts: 1214
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:26 am

Post by Loofah » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:52 pm

As a major Steve McQueen fan, I think Daniel is the ONLY choice to play him. Nobody else could do it. Daniel has a similar look, a similar coolness -- aloofness, even -- and the same kind of elusive charisma that made McQueen so devastatingly sexy. It is high praise indeed that Steve's widow has endorsed him. I'd be interested to know what McQueen's first wife (who was married to him the longest and wrote a book about him) thinks of Daniel.

I really hope this project comes to fruition, but only if Daniel takes the part. If given the right treatment it could be a first-class bio-flick because McQueen had a really fascinating, dramatic and often tragic life.
Image

User avatar
sarahat
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:40 am
Location: Olympia, Washington
Contact:

Post by sarahat » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:23 am

Steve McQueen's a GOD, so it'd be greta if Daniel played him.
ImageImageImageImage
R.I.P Steve Irwin.

User avatar
Misha
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth Tx

Post by Misha » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:30 am

Loofah wrote:As a major Steve McQueen fan, I think Daniel is the ONLY choice to play him. Nobody else could do it. Daniel has a similar look, a similar coolness -- aloofness, even -- and the same kind of elusive charisma that made McQueen so devastatingly sexy. It is high praise indeed that Steve's widow has endorsed him. I'd be interested to know what McQueen's first wife (who was married to him the longest and wrote a book about him) thinks of Daniel.

I really hope this project comes to fruition, but only if Daniel takes the part. If given the right treatment it could be a first-class bio-flick because McQueen had a really fascinating, dramatic and often tragic life.

Agreed.
Image

joelle
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:09 pm
Location: York, North Yorkshire

Post by joelle » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:39 am

I second that
Your life is not about the breadths you take
but the intake of breadths you experience.

User avatar
sharmaine
Posts: 5496
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:28 am
Location: Lotusland, Canada

Post by sharmaine » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:50 am

Steve McQueen - the short cut blond locks, squinted clear blue eyes, lines all over his face, tight wired bod, mischievous grin.....gee.....DC is the winner here. Would love to see him in Papillon (lots of drama/no sex scenes) or a remake of The Thomas Crown Affair (at least a few sex scenes).

User avatar
Loofah
Posts: 1214
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:26 am

Post by Loofah » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:24 pm

sharmaine wrote:Would love to see him in Papillon (lots of drama/no sex scenes) or a remake of The Thomas Crown Affair (at least a few sex scenes).
It would be a treat indeed to see Daniel in the famous chess-playing scene. =P~

And I agree -- if they had to remake that film, they should have waited and done it with Daniel instead of Pierce Brosnan.

It's funny because I love swap shops for buying books, CDs and movies and nearly every time I go in one I see multiple used copies of Brosnan's version of "The Thomas Crown Affair." I have only seen one (very battered and on VHS) copy of McQueen's. That tells me that people keep their McQueen version but if they even bothered to see Brosnan's, they didn't like it enough to keep it and rewatch it. :lol:

And I bet you the person who traded in the McQueen VHS replaced it with DVD!
Image

User avatar
Mimi_kitty
Posts: 2397
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Munich Germany

Post by Mimi_kitty » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:34 pm

I have told to my friend about that( He´s a huge McQueen fan) but he shook his head and did not want to believe me :?
Once he said to me that nobody can play Steve.
Cause you affect me ...

Image

Fascinate me....

User avatar
Marisa
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:37 pm

Post by Marisa » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:02 pm

Mimi_kitty wrote:I have told to my friend about that( He´s a huge McQueen fan) but he shook his head and did not want to believe me :?
Once he said to me that nobody can play Steve.
It's interesting how guys felt about SM. Fiercely loyal, and they thought of him as "a man's man." Not that I blame them, seeing how I feel about him! :wink:
~Marisa

Image

Yes, considerably

DanielsPornStar
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:45 pm
Location: Wonderland

Post by DanielsPornStar » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:40 pm

I agree with the person who said only Daniel could play Steve M. For years I've lived in terror that some wimpy Hollywood pretty boy (insert vomiting emoticon here) would be cast in a McQueen biopic and therby ruin all the great screen memories I have of him, so when Daniel came along in "Munich" I immediately thought he was The One to play the role if it was ever offered to him. Naturally there are script and other considerations to think about and Bond is I'm sure the priority for the foreseeable future but if Daniel can't do it I hope no-one will even make an attempt, and thus preserve McQueen's image. Craig IS McQueen! :D

User avatar
Loofah
Posts: 1214
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:26 am

Post by Loofah » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:04 pm

Marisa wrote:It's interesting how guys felt about SM. Fiercely loyal, and they thought of him as "a man's man." Not that I blame them, seeing how I feel about him! :wink:
To a degree I think men and women are drawn to the same thing about McQueen: He was just such a man. :twisted:
Image

joelle
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:09 pm
Location: York, North Yorkshire

Post by joelle » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:46 am

:wink: I noticed there is only one female been cast next to him are there going to be more people I would not mind playing the part of Ali Mcgraw if they ask I am available
Your life is not about the breadths you take
but the intake of breadths you experience.

User avatar
Loofah
Posts: 1214
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:26 am

Post by Loofah » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:22 pm

The only name I've heard mentioned is Eva Longoria as his first wife, Neile. (That would be fantastic casting, I think.) But you're right -- there needs to be more, considering McQueen was married twice more and had countless affairs. This movie might be the biggest boon to actresses in a decade -- it'll need a cast of thousands! :lol:
Image

Post Reply