DC in Ed Zwick's DEFIANCE

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

007Mania

Post by 007Mania »

Germangirl wrote:
Cyanaurora wrote:I'd go to bed with him at 9:30 (or anytime) so we would have lots of time to do other things beside sleep :twisted:
..or maybe sing him a tender lullaby :wink:
That can only come from our Mutti! Image
Oh, Mr. Bond!
Image Image

"Nur du und ich... und 400 Papageien."
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

Germangirl wrote:
Cyanaurora wrote:I'd go to bed with him at 9:30 (or anytime) so we would have lots of time to do other things beside sleep :twisted:
..or maybe sing him a tender lullaby :wink:
The song goes something like this "ahhhh. Ooohhh. Aaaah! Aaaah! Oooooh oooooooohhhhh. Ah ah ah. Mmmmm
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

HUUUUUGE thanks for the translation.
Been wondering about '9' for hours. I thought he meant 9 actors on stage or something like that :)

I actually thought he likes challenges... Anyone knows how long did 'A number' last ? Doubt it was a 1 hour play...
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Elvenstar wrote:HUUUUUGE thanks for the translation.
Been wondering about '9' for hours. I thought he meant 9 actors on stage or something like that :)

I actually thought he likes challenges... Anyone knows how long did 'A number' last ? Doubt it was a 1 hour play...
His usual understatement - The Rover goes on and on for how long? 2 1/2 - 3 hours and he is in it for quite a bit.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Elvenstar wrote:Anyone knows how long did 'A number' last ? Doubt it was a 1 hour play...

exactly one hour!

I just looked it up didn't know wheter it was 60 or 75 minutes and found this :lol: :lol:

"Daniel Craig has the interesting but difficult triple role of three sons who look similar but who are very different. As directed by Daldry, it works, and baby face Craig conveys the essence of each man, one dutiful, one criminal and one detached."

source: http://www.curtainup.com/number.html

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

CONTEST: Win Some Great Prizes from Defiance

Defiance will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on June 2 and we have a very special contest in store for our readers. Not only are we giving away copies of the DVD, like we normally do, but we are also giving away copies of the film's screenplay as well. You know these amazing prizes will go fast, so be sure to enter this contest today.

Winners Receive:
- Defiance DVD
- Defiance screenplay

Click Here! to enter this big giveaway today.

Based on an extraordinary true story, "Defiance" is an epic tale of family, honor, vengeance and salvation in World War II. The year is 1941 and the Jews of Eastern Europe are being massacred by the thousands. Managing to escape certain death, three brothers take refuge in the dense surrounding woods they have known since childhood. There they begin their desperate battle against the Nazis. Daniel Craig, Liev Schreiber and Jamie Bell star as brothers who turn a primitive struggle to survive into something far more consequential - a way to avenge the deaths of their loved ones by saving thousands of others.

Special Features:
- Commentary by director Edward Zwick
- Defiance: Return to the Forest (HD)-Explores all aspects of production from the early stages of pre-production to shooting on location in Lithuania. Edward Zwick and his creative team discuss some of the challenges and also the rewards of adapting this well-documented historical event into a feature film.
- Bielski Partisan Survivors (HD)-Photo gallery of images taken by Edward Zwick including behind-the-scenes images and surviving members from the Bielski Otriad.
- Children of the Otriad: The Families Speak (HD)-Descendents of the Bielski family tour the film's set and relate the story of the real-life partisans along with efforts to preserve the brothers' legacy.
- Scoring Defiance (HD) Academy Award® nominated composer James Newton Howard and violinist Joshua Bell discuss the incredible film score for Defiance. (Blu-ray only)
- Theatrical trailers (HD)
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

"Defiance" hero's son to speak at Chabad of Hawaii

DEFIANCE. Edward Zwick's powerful, and certainly Oscar worthy, motion picture starring Daniel Craig, Liev Schreiber, and Jamie Bell as Tuvia, Zus, and Asael Bielski - respectively - follows a band of brothers who take refuge deep in the woods of WWII German occupied Poland and Belorussia.

They bring with them a virtual village of Jewish refugees fleeing the Nazi war machine. Their bravery makes the impossible impossible, saving the lives of many who would have surely perished. Though this Hollywood thriller tells the tale the way only a movie can, much of the real story goes untold - until now.

Chabad of Hawaii is proud to present a Special Evening with Zvi Bielski, son of Zus Bielski. Hear incredible and true tales of heroism on Sunday, December 20th, 2009 at 7:30pm at Chabad of Hawaii - located in the Ala Moana Hotel on the 2nd Floor.

Advance Tickets are $10. $18 at the Door. RSVP by December 18th at (808) 735-8161.

Sponsors: Private Dinner and Conversation with Zvi Bielski at 5:30pm, must RSVP. $180 Silver Sponsor, $360 Gold Sponsor, $540 Platinum Sponsor. Must RSVP by December 16th.
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Vesper Lynd 007 wrote:"Defiance" hero's son to speak at Chabad of Hawaii
Hmmmmm.......Daniel needs a holiday in the sun, I wonder if he will drop in??!
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

JEC57 wrote:
Vesper Lynd 007 wrote:"Defiance" hero's son to speak at Chabad of Hawaii
Hmmmmm.......Daniel needs a holiday in the sun, I wonder if he will drop in??!
Wouldn't we bet that he will go (or rather, they, will go) somewhere warm? Based on his comments about holidays. But I would have thought they would go somewhere more private than Hawaii.