Old news (but still interesting)

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Anesidora

Post by Anesidora »

I am posting now my favourite interview so far. I literally melt every time I read it. I wanted to share it with you because I am sure you will also appreciate it. I love not only Daniel declarations but also or even more the impressions of the interviewer about Daniel's work and personality. There are so many precious bits, almost every word is meaningful, every word seems to be perfectly chosen in order to show nuances... it is hard to decide which part I prefer. I think the interview let us know Daniel a bit better. Enjoy! :wink:

http://film.guardian.co.uk/interview/in ... 13,00.html
Deb

Post by Deb »

'I think it's something that a lot of people can relate to. In long relationships there is often a temptation, a betrayal or a loss of faith,' she counsels.

Interesting, I wonder is that what happened with them...
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Anesidora wrote:I am posting now my favourite interview so far. I literally melt every time I read it. I wanted to share it with you because I am sure you will also appreciate it. I love not only Daniel declarations but also or even more the impressions of the interviewer about Daniel's work and personality. There are so many precious bits, almost every word is meaningful, every word seems to be perfectly chosen in order to show nuances... it is hard to decide which part I prefer. I think the interview let us know Daniel a bit better. Enjoy! :wink:

http://film.guardian.co.uk/interview/in ... 13,00.html
That's my all time favourite too so far! That interviewer did a marvellous job.
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
joelle

Post by joelle »

I like the interview as well thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Your life is not about the breadths you take
but the intake of breadths you experience.
Anesidora

Post by Anesidora »

Thank you girls, I am glad you like the interview :D
sigl

Post by sigl »

Loved it also. I've read it twice!!
sigl

"For the ones who had a notion
A notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!"

Bruce Springsteen, "Badlands"
Loofah

Post by Loofah »

I have some old magazines laying around the house and was pleasantly surprised to find this 2005 interview with Daniel from Entertainment Weekly. I'd seen the photo before but don't remember reading the interview. It may already be posted somewhere in DtoD's archives but I'm too lazy to check -- so if this is a repeat for you all, my apologies. But if it's new to you too, enjoy. :D

(Click on the photos to see full size.)

Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

Argh! I can't read it, even full size.
Loofah

Post by Loofah »

Click it a couple of times to get it to the full hi-res size. I just checked it and it worked for me. :)
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Sam Mendes calles him Danny! Danny?
Crazy!
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

Loofah wrote:Click it a couple of times to get it to the full hi-res size. I just checked it and it worked for me. :)
Thank you! Silly me only clicked on it once.
Loofah

Post by Loofah »

I thought it was sort of interesting that just 2 short years ago Daniel was enough of an "unknown" that he could decline to name his ex-wife and daughter and the press left him alone about it. Now, of course, the paparazzi not only know their names, they camp out on their doorstep. :roll:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Loofah wrote:I thought it was sort of interesting that just 2 short years ago Daniel was enough of an "unknown" that he could decline to name his ex-wife and daughter and the press left him alone about it. Now, of course, the paparazzi not only know their names, they camp out on their doorstep. :roll:
Put one of those reporters in front of me and you will see a perfectly mean face. Image
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:Sam Mendes calles him Danny! Danny?
Watch Road to Perdition with the commentary on, he's doing it all the time :wink:

"Danny feels like a man who happens to act, rather than an actor pretending to be a human being." I like that. :D
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Anglophile wrote:
Elaine_Figgis wrote:Sam Mendes calles him Danny! Danny?
Watch Road to Perdition with the commentary on, he's doing it all the time :wink:

"Danny feels like a man who happens to act, rather than an actor pretending to be a human being." I like that. :D
thanks, I'll do that.
Crazy!