Have you seen this...

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Cyanaurora wrote:I agree with this guy.
completely
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Eva Green showed a Bond girl who could stand toe to toe with the personality of Bond, especially the one projected by the “Man God” Daniel Craig and it worked.

..and that from a MAN
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

agrippina

Post by agrippina »

Vesper was better than most Bond girls I can remember, but she became a bit boring towards the end. I (and probably others, too) read one blog yesterday which pointed this out and made me realize what the problem was. She started out great, feisty, articulate, cool, independent, and then all these characteristics just faded into the background... And she became this rather more normal sort of pretty, but expendable Bond girl, even despite the love interest angle. Eva Green did what she could, but the script lacked somewhat particularly towards the end of the movie (also in other respects IMHO)...

Agrippina
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

agrippina wrote:Vesper was better than most Bond girls I can remember, but she became a bit boring towards the end. I (and probably others, too) read one blog yesterday which pointed this out and made me realize what the problem was. She started out great, feisty, articulate, cool, independent, and then all these characteristics just faded into the background... And she became this rather more normal sort of pretty, but expendable Bond girl, even despite the love interest angle. Eva Green did what she could, but the script lacked somewhat particularly towards the end of the movie (also in other respects IMHO)...

Agrippina
Hm, there is one scene that just didn´t work for me and that was on the beach, when he told her about Mathis. That was just too unrealistic, because they have been together much before that scene and something as important as that, would surely have been told earlier. Also when she seemed so surprised, that he loved her - after the I am yours speech, there was no question about that. And I found the sinking house sequence was way too dark.
Since the film is soo long, this is really not much to baa about. :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Does anyone here own this DVD?

One of the descriptions says it has "exclusive interviews with George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig". Can anyone confirm this?
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~