dreadful clothes tread

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

The shoes.....OMG - they have to go!!!!
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

This is the bohemian-rebel Daniel though, pre-Bond.

I loved him like this.....sure the tuxedos look great, and he looks awesome all polished and preened within an inch of his life, so handsome and debonair.

But I would give anything to have this Daniel back again. :sigh:
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

The thing that makes me scream NO was his hair..seems greasy... :shock:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Well, a look like THAT :shock: surely would have kept most of the ladies off his doorstep. Who woulda ever 'thunk' that THAT man would be Bond someday! He wouldn't have caught my eye (amazing what a new style can do to people). JEC, you would have had a big-time shot then!
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

He has been beautiful in different ways all throughout his career (and probably his life!), but me.....I prefer the off-the-wall and unpredictable scruffy Pup.

He looks awesome in his tux, but very predictable....we know the tux will be designer, and we know he will wear it well and look the business. But for me the joy is in the unexpected, like turning up in a tux with a too-long tie and no hair, or like this week with a t-shirt and cardi.........and jeans with the zip not quite done up to the top (anyone else notice that? :wink: )
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

JEC57 wrote: or like this week with a t-shirt and cardi.........and jeans with the zip not quite done up to the top (anyone else notice that? :wink: )
yep :lol: and the jeans are quite tight, so he maybe had gained some pounds....and when you stuff all the things you take with you in the pockets, the zipper might get tired :lol: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I loved the v-neck t-shirt, cardi, and jeans. So casual, not much thought, but he still looked stylish. A very good friend of mine can't understand what people see in Daniel, so I'm regularly forwarding her photos that make me catch my breath, such as this last set. She responded via email that she'll give him one thing for sure - he knows how to dress, that someone taught him what he looks good in. I can't think of a single casual thing he's worn since CR where I've been disappointed. He was super hot in the Stockholm Apple photos. How many men make such great choices? And how many men have so many clothes? He must really, really like clothes because he has some amazing wardrobe.
dolphin100

Post by dolphin100 »

He sticks with classic styling and tailoring. Also, he has the PERFECT proportions.
khenton

Post by khenton »

Not disappointed in the beanie or his monk hair? K
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bump
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

purple

Post by purple »

This is a post in response to a conversation Alina and I had last night, during which we inadvertently turned the Betrayal pictures and videos topic into a fashion one (suits and hair, monk hair to be more precise).

Alina you wanted to know why I don't like the SF suits and I consider them, at best, just "not too bad". Well I will try to answer here, not because I think they are dreadful, but because this seems to be a more fashion friendly thread (how is this for a disclaimer?).

Before I start, I want to say that these are just my opinions, I do not think that they are better than anyone else's; they just reflect my criteria in appreciating a man's appearance.

Several years ago I read a quote from Coco Chanel. Basically she said that a woman's clothes should be tight enough so that you can tell she is a woman, but loose enough so that you can tell she is a lady (my translation). I suppose that I apply more or less the same criteria to men: I like the suit to be tight enough to enhance the body lines, but loose enough to give that sleek, gentleman appearance. Do not get me wrong, I do not like that sort of emasculated (sorry I TRIED to come up with a better word but I couldn't) look Pierce Brosnan has. I consider attractive that kind of rugged man, who can throw a few punches and can hold his liquor. However, this should be balanced by a sleek, gentlemanish look. I think that for me, the SF look overemphasised the first part (Bond certainly looked rough, rugged, dangerous, threatening), but failed to deliver on the second part (the general appearance was not elegant enough, it was rather a bit too thuggish).

I suppose what I am trying to say is that I prefer to guess what is underneath ( generally when it comes to a very fit man like DC for example and if the suit is well cut, you can tell), not to have my eyes poked with it.

On a more precise level, for me, visually, those slim cut suits are unbalanced: they create a very large torso, and very short and thin legs. And they seem a bit too juvenile.

That is why I will stick to the QoS look (unlike CR, it was Tom Ford and I think this is more flattering for DC): according to my criteria it was very masculine but elegant at the same time. And you could tell the guy was dangerous! There is a very short scene I like a lot, at Domininc's party, when Dominic kisses Camille and then sort of threatens to throw her over that balcony. At that moment, Bond approaches them without uttering one word, but his presence is so threatening it almost makes me uncomfortable. I think it the way he stares and a certain movement of his shoulders: you just feel that this guy can kill you with his bare hands. But his general look is impeccable (I love that dark navy suit he is wearing for that scene).

There, I hope this explains it :)
Alina

Post by Alina »

purple wrote:Several years ago I read a quote from Coco Chanel. Basically she said that a woman's clothes should be tight enough so that you can tell she is a woman, but loose enough so that you can tell she is a lady (my translation). I suppose that I apply more or less the same criteria to men: I like the suit to be tight enough to enhance the body lines, but loose enough to give that sleek, gentleman appearance. Do not get me wrong, I do not like that sort of emasculated (sorry I TRIED to come up with a better word but I couldn't) look Pierce Brosnan has. I consider attractive that kind of rugged man, who can throw a few punches and can hold his liquor. However, this should be balanced by a sleek, gentlemanish look. I think that for me, the SF look overemphasised the first part (Bond certainly looked rough, rugged, dangerous, threatening), but failed to deliver on the second part (the general appearance was not elegant enough, it was rather a bit too thuggish).

I suppose what I am trying to say is that I prefer to guess what is underneath ( generally when it comes to a very fit man like DC for example and if the suit is well cut, you can tell), not to have my eyes poked with it.
Thank you purple for the thorough and detailed explanation of your point of view on Daniel's SF suits.
I respect your opinion, of course, although I can't agree with it, well, not 100%.
Of course all that is a matter of opinion, personal taste and perception.
And all this talk about Daniel looking thuggish has become quite cliched by now :) I mean he was said to be thuggish ever since he started playing Bond. Some people kept saying that his Bond was too thuggish, too badass and too harsh in comparison with the previous ones, even though his CR and QOS suits were not tight.
It's true that SF suits were designed to emphasise Daniel's physicality and made him look dangerous but also incredibly sexy and manly. However, they definitely didn't fail in the elegance or suaveness department, imo. I didn't have the feeling of my eyes being poked with his masculine features, I still found some scope for guessing.
As far as the thuggishness goes, it's his weathered looks and the crew-cut hair that contributed to it rather than the suits.
Daniel definitely knows how to wear such suits and he is fully capable of looking both menacing and suave in them. And really mouth-wateringly :)

I agree that the trousers might have been a bit longer, because they looked perfect when he was standing or walking, but a bit too short when he was sitting - they were designed to fit the body perfectly, with zero tolerance as someone has already mentioned.

I love his suits in CR and QOS too, he looked beautiful in all of them, but I will stubbornly defend the SF ones. Thuggish, you say? Ok, so give me such a thug any day :)

Juvenile? NO.

:)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

The second one is a beauty.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

purple

Post by purple »

You know what is weird? I have never considered his Bond to be too thuggish (a bit too thuggish to be exact) until SF. But maybe you are right: maybe it is not the suits, but rather the severe haircut and the withered look :-k Other than that, please, I want Bond to be thuggish and badass.

I will however stubbornly stand for the QoS look :D But I just realised there two Bond outfits in SF that I love: one is the dinner jacket, and the other one is that pea coat and casual trousers he wears when he chases Patrice. I think that the fabric used for those trousers (jeans maybe?) fits better the tight cut.

What about the girls outfits? Did you like them?

PS: you know, I think it would have been much more appropriate to discuss this on the well dressed thread: after all it is Bond wardrobe we are discussing; whether you like it or you like it less, it is by no means dreadful.
Alina

Post by Alina »

Exactly, not a very fortunate choice of the thread for the Bond outfits topic :lol:
We may do some nitpicking on them, but generally, they are always spot on and top notch. :)
Regarding the ladies' outfits, I may comment on them some time later, but generally my opinion on them is very positive.