Brand new vids - starting today - Please post here

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Faustine

Post by Faustine »

honeyjes wrote:Faustine

I'm a little baffled by your hostile response re: filming in Chile and Daniel Craig. I would have thought prior to any filming, the powers that be would have given permission for the crew to enter the country. You cannot just arrive anywhere and start filming etc, import licences for equipment, passport clearance etc. A lot of South American countries are poor and you cannot escape that as a fact, filming has given some of the locals an income and the knock on effect will be additonal interest in both countries. . I believe Bolivia has no filming infrastructure as such, plus filming @ the Paranal took place and logistically and with time constraints it would make sense if the certain areas which are similar to Bolvia & Haiti were filmed in Chile would be more economical. In this day and age of realism, filming in a studio, would be like doing a soap programme, with cut outs and people blacked up/made up to look like foreigners, which is even more patronising. As for Daniel Craig being stupid, as far as I can make out, he is on the film set almost every day, and has attended the press conferences and media events as required. There is no law that says he has to divulge his private life to titilate our courisity. A lot of the reports we are getting are heresay anway, and everyone wants a piece of the action, and the best way to get attention and get to the top of the pile it seems is to be controversial, and since he's not playing the game, he must be a an ass!!
Agreement in this BUT the problem is that they came to South America because it´s cheap (1 peso - 5 Euros), and they paid the minor possible quantity of money to these people, for these people it is a fortune 500 dollars that it is what they paid for a house.

I don´t accuse to EON or Daniel Craig of the poverty of the world but I believe that the production takes advantage of many situations.

Daniel is only one more link in the chain (not even the most important). I try to look at the panorama, I do not like to still have me in focus in Daniel, since he does not speak or says politically correct things, the panorama impoverishes enough.

BTW: Who is asking to speak about his private life? I am not interested at all in his private life, absolutely at all, I neither investigate, nor think... is enggaded Who care?????
We convince ourselves that we know the other person well, but do we really know anything important about anyone.

6. Say what I’m thinking
Faustine

Post by Faustine »

It seems to me that there is a serious problem of comprehension of looks:

Misha: is Daniel Craig an honourable person???? I do not have the minor possibility of knowing it and the truth it is said I am not interested in verifying it.

I never said in any of my posts that Daniel had responsibility in all this circus, I don´t believe him so importantly.

Each one of the answers, even those who were done supposing things, they point to protect Daniel and not to think what I am trying to say. I was tempted of erasing the post last night but I bet to saying what really I think as always I do.

Basic explanation: everything this one is a business for which I don´t believe totally in press, or Daniel, or the producers. Like whenever I open a newspaper or listen to an interview I do an average, the truth is in the middle.

About Daniel: never could see the man that I read in this forum, this of the soft skin, the agreeable manners, the well read and perfectly in everything, that everything does well. They want to do a man something that is not, it is a really enterteining sometimes to see how they try to explain some things.

In honor to the truth if he was this that count in this forum, I would detest so much like Leonardo Di Caprio, but lucky he is not like that.

I believe that he is talented, insecure, shy, unsociable, that the things have cost him enormously, that choose bad scripts, he has some awful tics performance.

He´s human, and his humanity penetrates the screen, probably it is the only thing that really me pleases Daniel Craig. And if he does something that I don´t like... the world continues walking and I continue liking him equally.

Do you know when I like him? When he cannot hide what is, however much I have an expensive suit put.

I neither read everything, or remember everything what he says, have read the sufficient thing to see that he´s contradictory and I like it, that he has detestable answers and I like it. I like when he says what really thinks, not when he puts on a casette and says what it is necessary to say.

One more thing about press: it´s ok to film in a country and is bad to give an interview agreed (not stolen) with the local means? I would like to see if they dare to do it in Europe, I suspect that not
We convince ourselves that we know the other person well, but do we really know anything important about anyone.

6. Say what I’m thinking
Misha

Post by Misha »

Faustine wrote:
I never said in any of my posts that Daniel had responsibility in all this circus, I don´t believe him so importantly.

Each one of the answers, even those who were done supposing things, they point to protect Daniel and not to think what I am trying to say. I was tempted of erasing the post last night but I bet to saying what really I think as always I do.
You say that, then wonder why everyone was 'defending' Daniel? It was because of statements like this:
Already I have said GG: I have overdose of Mr. Craig, I am in the dangerous stage "don´t believe a word of what he says", everything what he says is a vulgar crap.
After playing with a four-year-old boy to hidden for two weeks encouraging that all idiot wanted some media attention in Chile was going out of the cave... to do a interview as this... it´s to continue treating the people as idiot, evidently there is a lot of public who wishes it.
In those statements, you don't name anyone else but Daniel, so that is the reason why people were(not just myself) wondering where all this anger was coming from. It's in your recent post that you talk about this "circus".

As for him being honorable, who the heck knows?? I was asking if that is what you meant. And if you totally did not believe the press, then why all the anger? Since they are your only source of information and none of us are there to know what's really going on? It would seem that it would not matter what the Chilean reporters or anyone else wrote, because hey after all, you can't believe the press correct?
About Daniel: never could see the man that I read in this forum, this of the soft skin, the agreeable manners, the well read and perfectly in everything, that everything does well. They want to do a man something that is not, it is a really enterteining sometimes to see how they try to explain some things.
Now on this I can see your point, fans in general do like to "idolize" their favorite stars(in this case Daniel) because that's what "some" fans do. Sometimes people tend idealize their favorite star to the point that he can do no wrong. However, I'm not nor have I ever been one of those types of fans. I don't idol worship, therefore I don't get bent out of shape over what they do or don't do. I don't sing anyone's praises. I don't post about his eyes, lips, nose, teeth, toes, fingers, elbows and lord knows what else. But I will ask "why" if someone expresses dislike or anger towards him, because I'm just curious like that and I want to give that person a chance to explain their reasons for feeling that way.

This is a fan site, so quite naturally people will 'defend' the actor for which this site is made when someone is talking against them in some form or fashion, why wouldn't they? But I think in your case, everyone was just trying to find out where the anger was coming from, not trying to show how perfect Daniel is. In my opinion no one is perfect.
One more thing about press: it´s ok to film in a country and is bad to give an interview agreed (not stolen) with the local means? I would like to see if they dare to do it in Europe, I suspect that not
I don't know about Europe, but he didn't grant any interviews when he filmed in my step-father's hometown of Marlin, Texas( a small little town in the middle of no where). Yet we never heard anything around the world about him not granting any interviews there, because the press didn't make a big stink about it.

He did the same thing there, kept to himself and didn't talk to anyone. With this being America, and Texas at that, everyone could have gotten all bent out of shape about it but they didn't, because let's face it - how many Hollywood film crews show up in a little one horse town in Texas that no one has ever heard of??

Michelle
Faustine

Post by Faustine »

Misha wrote:
Faustine wrote:

You say that, then wonder why everyone was 'defending' Daniel? It was because of statements like this:
Already I have said GG: I have overdose of Mr. Craig, I am in the dangerous stage "don´t believe a word of what he says", everything what he says is a vulgar crap.
After playing with a four-year-old boy to hidden for two weeks encouraging that all idiot wanted some media attention in Chile was going out of the cave... to do a interview as this... it´s to continue treating the people as idiot, evidently there is a lot of public who wishes it.
In those statements, you don't name anyone else but Daniel, so that is the reason why people were(not just myself) wondering where all this anger was coming from. It's in your recent post that you talk about this "circus".

As for him being honorable, who the heck knows?? I was asking if that is what you meant. And if you totally did not believe the press, then why all the anger? Since they are your only source of information and none of us are there to know what's really going on? It would seem that it would not matter what the Chilean reporters or anyone else wrote, because hey after all, you can't believe the press correct?
Now on this I can see your point, fans in general do like to "idolize" their favorite stars(in this case Daniel) because that's what "some" fans do. Sometimes people tend idealize their favorite star to the point that he can do no wrong. However, I'm not nor have I ever been one of those types of fans. I don't idol worship, therefore I don't get bent out of shape over what they do or don't do. I don't sing anyone's praises. I don't post about his eyes, lips, nose, teeth, toes, fingers, elbows and lord knows what else. But I will ask "why" if someone expresses dislike or anger towards him, because I'm just curious like that and I want to give that person a chance to explain their reasons for feeling that way.

This is a fan site, so quite naturally people will 'defend' the actor for which this site is made when someone is talking against them in some form or fashion, why wouldn't they? But I think in your case, everyone was just trying to find out where the anger was coming from, not trying to show how perfect Daniel is. In my opinion no one is perfect.
I don't know about Europe, but he didn't grant any interviews when he filmed in my step-father's hometown of Marlin, Texas( a small little town in the middle of no where). Yet we never heard anything around the world about him not granting any interviews there, because the press didn't make a big stink about it.

He did the same thing there, kept to himself and didn't talk to anyone. With this being America, and Texas at that, everyone could have gotten all bent out of shape about it but they didn't, because let's face it - how many Hollywood film crews show up in a little one horse town in Texas that no one has ever heard of??

Michelle
The enormous difference that I see between my point of view and the forum is that I never think the things about terms of defense or assault. I say what think, and me believe do it in my rea) life also. I support every letter of these appointments that you have marked.

It of the overdose it´s real, it had never taken an experience as this one, more than one year looking at movies of the same actor .... overdose is a very precise word to describe what I feel.

I´m not fanatical and don´t understand the fanaticism, am just admirer of Mr Craig's body and work but I see his faults, weaknesses and contradictions and can live with it.

Do you know that worries me? The closed defense, I have the sensation that they do not reading all my post what I write that they jump me above. There is no the most minimal self-criticism. Does nothing do badly? Is everything perfect? Is invasion a good movie? Is The Golden Compass it?

Newly this week I could return to read a bit more the forum and after of three weeks and some personal problems... the perspective changes and now I dare to write things that before only was thinking or exchanging privately with other members.

To close the matter of the press: I read the press and extract my conclusions, like they do in the forum. It´s curious: when the press says something bad of Daniel is a lie, but there are members can recite me Daniel's declarations... declarations that gives to the press.... I can´t understand.

Thank you for helping myself to thinking, after these weeks of hell that I passed it´s fantastic be able to return to think.

I believe that we will not be able to put in agreement but this discussion is the best thing that has happened to me in the forum in a lot of time.

6. Say what I’m thinking
magch

Post by magch »

Faustine wrote:
Misha wrote:
Faustine wrote:

Michelle
The enormous difference that I see between my point of view and the forum is that I never think the things about terms of defense or assault. I say what think, and me believe do it in my rea) life also. I support every letter of these appointments that you have marked.

It of the overdose it´s real, it had never taken an experience as this one, more than one year looking at movies of the same actor .... overdose is a very precise word to describe what I feel.

I´m not fanatical and don´t understand the fanaticism, am just admirer of Mr Craig's body and work but I see his faults, weaknesses and contradictions and can live with it.

Do you know that worries me? The closed defense, I have the sensation that they do not reading all my post what I write that they jump me above. There is no the most minimal self-criticism. Does nothing do badly? Is everything perfect? Is invasion a good movie? Is The Golden Compass it?

Newly this week I could return to read a bit more the forum and after of three weeks and some personal problems... the perspective changes and now I dare to write things that before only was thinking or exchanging privately with other members.

To close the matter of the press: I read the press and extract my conclusions, like they do in the forum. It´s curious: when the press says something bad of Daniel is a lie, but there are members can recite me Daniel's declarations... declarations that gives to the press.... I can´t understand.

Thank you for helping myself to thinking, after these weeks of hell that I passed it´s fantastic be able to return to think.

I believe that we will not be able to put in agreement but this discussion is the best thing that has happened to me in the forum in a lot of time.
I am late for these interesting and heated discussions. I can understand Faustine's points and I think maybe her sarcasm and humor were misunderstood a bit. The comments Faustine used may be strong but we have to read them in a more lighthearted way. I don't think Faustine really meant to be mean toward Daniel. There's nothing wrong to feel disappointed about an actor one admires (as we all do, particularly after seeing a bad movie) and there's also nothing wrong to want to defend him. All I want to say is, we don't always have to agree and it's great we can openly discuss about Daniel and that's what makes a forum interesting. :wink:
Faustine

Post by Faustine »

Lu wrote:
Faustine wrote:
Misha wrote: Color me lost but who was playing with a four year old boy?? Which 'idiot' wanted some attention?? Daniel? The Ex-mayor? Who are you angry with exactly Faustine? :?: :?:
I will try to explain a bit more and to leave my annoyance aside to tell what I have read and look in these weeks.

The whole situation is terrible and pathetic.

I have seen some videos. The first thing that I saw was the situation of Cojiba, the poverty, the oblivion, the desperation of these people for "useful" to the english men, for a handful of dollars, a village without light, does not even water down, without compilation of garbage for more a year.

Later I saw the circus press, fascinated by the "star", the Chilean press and the Chilean people have a curious fascination as the english men until Daniel was ... the usual Daniel and there they became mad and began the aggressions.

It of avoiding to the Chilean press ... it was stupid and unnecessary, but certainly, Chile is a small country (small gains with the movie), the movie has the premiere in November, everything forgets.

The Chilean politicians .... they are the same blight that in Argentina or in any country of Latin America, they fill the mouth proclaiming the sovereignty and they allow that there should be such a degree of poverty, because what they have seen in the vids of Chile or Panama they are not stages, it is the reality, people live in this way (and much worse).

And the foreigners in lands that they do not know completely and that do not take the minimal effort for knowing.

To do a movie on the political situation of Bolivia is an almost a joke. Bolivia is at the edge of the secession, at the edge of the coup d'état.

To film in Chile making pass a region that belonged to Bolivia, this fact has the subtlety of an elephant in a glassware, but of course, is only a movie not?

And we come to this video of today that irritated me so much. After everything what he made to avoid them and incite them in order that they follow him more ... this video?

Daniel does not seem to me to be very brilliant in his way of treating to the press, encourages to destroy him, I don´t understand... rather, I understand and I don´t like anything.

It is my vision simply. I am not a fanatic of Daniel, it is very clear, I like when he acts in good movies and some his attitudes, unfortunately increasingly sporadic.

I never followed either the filming of a movie, or the career of an actor of this way.. every time I become convinced that I´m not done to be a fan and I´m very proud for this
Actually I understand Faustine's point of view.

It's true that Daniel only gets paid to act, to "get in and get out." He has done what he was supposed to do. Same with Forster and the film company.

But to those who live in this squalor and see these film people with millions and a charmed life keeping to themselves and making a interview such as the disingenuous one that made Faustine angry, it must get old after a while.

Yes, Daniel was just doing his job, he can't save every Chilean village and every poor family over there, nor are they obliged to express sentiment and/or outrage over deplorable conditions there, or the "Chile as Bolivia controversy", but to ignore them completely and say, oh, this was great for our movie and that's why we're happy and that's all Chile really meant to us...well...think how that sounds to them over there. Sorta like a big "F-U" to the locals. I think that's all Faustine is saying. It would have been better to say nothing at all and just leave.
Lu ... you have read my mind, because of it this video drive me crazy, first they are not worthy of that he speak and when these words go that you have listened to million times in any interview selling a movie and that you know that they are a pure crap. I return to my first post and to what I said there:

everything what he says is a vulgar crap

The eternal return, I guess

6. Say what I’m thinking
Misha

Post by Misha »

Faustine wrote: The enormous difference that I see between my point of view and the forum is that I never think the things about terms of defense or assault. I say what think, and me believe do it in my rea) life also. I support every letter of these appointments that you have marked.

I'm sorry to hear of your recent difficulties, and I hope you are doing better these days.

As you can probably tell by now, I like to 'discuss' things. :) I like to hear ALL points of view from every side. There is no right nor wrong opinion in my eyes, and everyone makes a valid statement. Oh I am certain there are some members who are thinking "gawd I wish she'd shut up, I'm so tired of her, she's such a know-it-all!" LOL! :lol: And I'm not bothered by this, like you - I say what's on my mind - in this forum and in real life.

I understand what you mean by 'overdose'. I mean just look at my total posts in this forum. I check in, stick around for about a week, then check out again. I do read over the posts often, but I don't always feel the need to contribute to the discussion.

As for seeing Daniel's faults and weaknesses - I'm a psychology major, so I've always liked looking at ALL aspects of someone's personality - the good, the bad, and the ugly! And because of that, I used to catch a LOT of grief over on Daniel's IMDB board for pointing out that Daniel is NOT perfect. I mean who wants to hear that their favorite star is not a golden boy? I could go on about that, but I won't. But anyone who has spoken to me enough times knows my issues with Daniel and they also know that I hate Tomb Raider with a PASSION! :evil:

I think discussion is a good thing, and debating the issues only serve to keep things "interesting". The forum would be rather boring if EVERYONE was singing Daniel's praises now wouldn't it? It's fun when we can talk about things without getting personal or insulting one another like they sometimes do in other forums. Also, I enjoy reading your posts.

Michelle
gugita14

Post by gugita14 »

Great gals! All of you are my heroes because how calm you can express your opinions and feelings with no insults or hatred towards one another. Other people would start cursing other people out. Its great to have many people from all over the world with different opinions and views. Its just like Misha said, "there is no right or wrong" here, more like a learn. You learn what other people feel, and without that, this forum wouldn't be the forum I know and love.

Thank You All
honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

In one breath their being paid a pittance and in another breath you acknowlede to them its a fourtune, like all economies you pay the going rate. EON would have negotiated and agreed terms as in all business. If they had filmed in a richer part of the country, and those people were paid the going rate instead, would that make things better. We don't have all the facts so its a bit presumptious to moralise from afar, this is becoming increasingly easy when you can use your keyboard to shout knowing the person your shouting at won't respond. If your poor and theres an opporutnity to earn a living every penny is a godsend. Surely if your on a low income or have no income a small injection of relief is better than none.

You also say they are filming there because it is cheap, I'm sure if you were to add up all the elements that go into filmng, it probably does not work out any cheaper, if you were to imitate these locations by building sets etc those costs involved would probably work out the same.

I understand your passion but I think your anger is a little misplaced, what are the government of these regions doing for the population. Protesting about a piece of land annexed over a hundred years old and projecting hatred/and or anger against your neighbour and filmakers does not put food on the table, it's always easier to paint someone else as the bad guy to deflect your own shortcomings.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

honeyjes wrote:In one breath their being paid a pittance and in another breath you acknowlede to them its a fourtune, like all economies you pay the going rate. EON would have negotiated and agreed terms as in all business. If they had filmed in a richer part of the country, and those people were paid the going rate instead, would that make things better. We don't have all the facts so its a bit presumptious to moralise from afar, this is becoming increasingly easy when you can use your keyboard to shout knowing the person your shouting at won't respond. If your poor and theres an opporutnity to earn a living every penny is a godsend. Surely if your on a low income or have no income a small injection of relief is better than none.

You also say they are filming there because it is cheap, I'm sure if you were to add up all the elements that go into filmng, it probably does not work out any cheaper, if you were to imitate these locations by building sets etc those costs involved would probably work out the same.

I understand your passion but I think your anger is a little misplaced, what are the government of these regions doing for the population. Protesting about a piece of land annexed over a hundred years old and projecting hatred/and or anger against your neighbour and filmakers does not put food on the table, it's always easier to paint someone else as the bad guy to deflect your own shortcomings.
Very good points Image
gugita14 wrote:Great gals! All of you are my heroes because how calm you can express your opinions and feelings with no insults or hatred towards one another. Other people would start cursing other people out. Its great to have many people from all over the world with different opinions and views. Its just like Misha said, "there is no right or wrong" here, more like a learn. You learn what other people feel, and without that, this forum wouldn't be the forum I know and love.

Thank You All
I agree!
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Misha

Post by Misha »

honeyjes wrote:

And there it is....in a nutshell.

Michelle
Misha

Post by Misha »

gugita14 wrote:Great gals! All of you are my heroes because how calm you can express your opinions and feelings with no insults or hatred towards one another. Other people would start cursing other people out. Its great to have many people from all over the world with different opinions and views. Its just like Misha said, "there is no right or wrong" here, more like a learn. You learn what other people feel, and without that, this forum wouldn't be the forum I know and love.

Thank You All

:oops:

As I see it, we are all here for the same reason, because we ALL like and admire Daniel in some form or fashion(whether it be the man himself, his movies, or whatever attracts you to him), otherwise we wouldn't be here. So discussions like this will crop up from time to time, and not everyone will see things in the same way. Since the majority of us are adults here and have differing points of view, it's best to respect that other person's opinion while expressing your own in a peaceful and calm manner.

Now if this were IMDB, I'd probably be shouting my gob off at some Daniel bashing troll. LOL! *Ahem* but this is a totally different atmosphere than that place! :wink:
JoniJoni

Post by JoniJoni »

zonzi

Post by zonzi »

Thank You All
I hold with you, Gugita, I love the way we all express and share our different viewpoints in a utmost respectful and civil way :D
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Let's not forget that they filmed in South America not only because it's cheap, but because it's part of the movie's plot. :wink:

And Faustine - I think you sometimes mistake the collective drooling that's frequently going on here for serious worship. No one here is uncritical of Daniel or his work, but the thing is, drooling and raving is just pure innocent fun, and a bit of self-mockery too. It's just a fun way to spend one's free time and have a good laugh.

Regarding Daniel's work - like Misha said, there is no right or wrong, but only opinions. If you say Invasion and Golden Compass were not good movies, that's not a fact but your personal opinion, and at least in the case of the latter I don't agree. Everyone has their own tastes, and I bet no one on here likes every single film he made (or every single thing he says or does), so maybe your feeling of 'you against the rest of the world' :wink: might not be entirely accurate. But yeah, of course you provoke "defending" reactions with your statements, and I'm quite sure that's exactly why you make them. :twisted: Fact is it helps keep the forum alive.

Interesting discussion BTW, I've spent all day on and off at this forum without getting bored! :D
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~