DAN ON SET

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

I don't think the length of the film has anything to do with why it was butchered, but there were a vocal religious group of people who protested at the making of the film because they claimed it was dissing religion, so some executives I think bowed to pressure and had the film watered down, and scenes etc were cut, which screwed up the film and ultimately played into the hands of the zealots and it's now unlikely that the rest of the books will be filmed.
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

honeyjes wrote:I don't think the length of the film has anything to do with why it was butchered, but there were a vocal religious group of people who protested at the making of the film because they claimed it was dissing religion, so some executives I think bowed to pressure and had the film watered down, and scenes etc were cut, which screwed up the film and ultimately played into the hands of the zealots and it's now unlikely that the rest of the books will be filmed.
That's very sad because the books are really great and I think everybody from the set would like to film the other ones. And of course Daniel cared for Dakota because h ahs a big heart especially for young people who need his help. I also remind a story about him giving Dakota money for using bad words :lol:. I remember he lost the most money of all personals which doesn't really surprise me :lol:!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

honeyjes wrote:I don't think the length of the film has anything to do with why it was butchered, but there were a vocal religious group of people who protested at the making of the film because they claimed it was dissing religion, so some executives I think bowed to pressure and had the film watered down, and scenes etc were cut, which screwed up the film and ultimately played into the hands of the zealots and it's now unlikely that the rest of the books will be filmed.
Yes, I know - they watered it down to please the US market, which didn´t work out in the end and killed the franchise, since they stupidly sold the worldwide rights - where the film did make money. I meant more, that at times, they shorten films to give them more showings and therefore can make more money. If that goes against quality and against really telling a story - I think its so crazy, but they do it often enough :roll:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Vesper Lynd 007

Germangirl wrote:
Yes, I know - they watered it down to please the US market, which didn´t work out in the end and killed the franchise, since they stupidly sold the worldwide rights - where the film did make money. I meant more, that at times, they shorten films to give them more showings and therefore can make more money. If that goes against quality and against really telling a story - I think its so crazy, but they do it often enough :roll:
That's really sad and in my opinion a betray of great films and actors. Look at Daniel who made a film without getting money for it just because he loved the project. It's unbelievable how cruel some people can be :evil: :evil: :evil:!
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hey Babe, haven´t seen YOU in a while :mrgreen:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Vesper Lynd 007

JEC57 wrote:Image
It's great! Love his hairs :D!
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Germangirl wrote:Hey Babe, haven´t seen YOU in a while :mrgreen:
This way to the shower Daniel..........would you like me to soap your back?Image

.....................Image
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

This is when he really feels comfortable - on set, doing his job, being among people, who share the addiction in film making

Vesper Lynd 007

Germangirl wrote:This is when he really feels comfortable - on set, doing his job, being among people, who share the addiction in film making
That's the best Daniel. Enjoying what he does and give his joy to many other people from everywhere. Hope he will do so as long as he can. And of course that his passionfor films will never end :D. But as long as there are some good scripts and also other people loving that job, I guess he will.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Some dressing for you all to wake you up :twisted:

muireann

Post by muireann »

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Thank you!!!
I'm still in bed with a coffee, my computer and my cat!
:D :D :D :D :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

muireann wrote::wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Thank you!!!
I'm still in bed with a coffee, my computer and my cat!
:D :D :D :D :D
And? Did it work? 8)

Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Very yummy casual look :D :D
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Cicero wrote:Very yummy casual look :D :D
Who´s that wet man in your siggi? :shock: Is that Hugh?