Paparazzi Pics

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

bumblebee wrote:
Vesper Lynd 007 wrote:
JEC57 wrote: I doubt we will get to see anything more explicit than was seen in CR.

I don't think there has ever been a Bond film with an 18/adult rating, they may sail close to the wind, but they still market the films as family entertainment.

Also, it would affect TV network sales to add Bond with a bare ass and explicit love scenes. Yes, it would make it onto TV in most countries but at a time that is not "prime time" family viewing which would hit Eon's sales.

Too much sex would result the US market (at least) butchering the end product the way they butchered Moll Flanders for having too much sex. To make that sellable overseas, huge chunks were cut out.

As much as we all want to see explicit Bond, I don't think we will.
If you see it from that point, you're unfortunately right. The US market is very complicated with this. And the othre markets would be more difficult too then. I think it's even hard to create a Bond film with a 16 rating. This would be possible st least a bit, but still not what Eon wants. So we have to hope the best and maybe we'll get a bit more skin.
They only butcher what they consider to have mainstream appeal. I don't go to see a Bond movie for sex anyway - intimacy has many colors.

I didn't feel the need for it (sex) in CR - the titillation of the "first base" scene with Solange was enough to make me dribble and want more - so it keeps me coming back - and in that way it works. Bond and Vesper was a love story - to see sex would have been invasive and actually wouldn't have added anything.
Right. I didn't mean they should have shown their sex life. For me it was enough and really wonderful to see what was shown. I think their love story is the best I've ever seen, so I haven't the need of dirty fantasies. I'm touched by their strong relationship and this is enough for me. CR is my favourite film, so I won't let anybody tell me, I just want to see sex and that I don't know how great this film is. I know and I always knew.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Vesper Lynd 007 wrote:
bumblebee wrote:
Vesper Lynd 007 wrote: If you see it from that point, you're unfortunately right. The US market is very complicated with this. And the othre markets would be more difficult too then. I think it's even hard to create a Bond film with a 16 rating. This would be possible st least a bit, but still not what Eon wants. So we have to hope the best and maybe we'll get a bit more skin.
They only butcher what they consider to have mainstream appeal. I don't go to see a Bond movie for sex anyway - intimacy has many colors.

I didn't feel the need for it (sex) in CR - the titillation of the "first base" scene with Solange was enough to make me dribble and want more - so it keeps me coming back - and in that way it works. Bond and Vesper was a love story - to see sex would have been invasive and actually wouldn't have added anything.
Right. I didn't mean they should have shown their sex life. For me it was enough and really wonderful to see what was shown. I think their love story is the best I've ever seen, so I haven't the need of dirty fantasies. I'm touched by their strong relationship and this is enough for me. CR is my favourite film, so I won't let anybody tell me, I just want to see sex and that I don't know how great this film is. I know and I always knew.
For me too, and no I don't think anyone was saying this to you. We all hope Babs will "utilize" Dan's assets....in the right way!
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

bumblebee wrote:
Vesper Lynd 007 wrote:
bumblebee wrote: They only butcher what they consider to have mainstream appeal. I don't go to see a Bond movie for sex anyway - intimacy has many colors.

For me too, and no I don't think anyone was saying this to you. We all hope Babs will "utilize" Dan's assets....in the right way!
Ok :wink:! I think deep inside we all just have the same wish :wink: :twisted: :lol:.
Linda

Post by Linda »

calypso wrote:Si, more humor back and more of flesh. it would make me happy lady
I agree with you.
:oops:
Linda

Post by Linda »

Getting back to the pictures outside Nobu, on JJ Matthew Ellis wrote (if you can believe him) the following:
"I took the pictures of Daniel Craig leaving Nobu the other night and I must say what a top bloke he is. He even stopped me falling over backwards as I tripped as I took the picture. LOL"

We always knew that Daniel was a "top bloke" as they say in England. Just another example of the great guy.

I kind of believe him, as why would he write that? I asked him if he took other pictures of DC, and I will let you know if he replies.
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I just want to say I hate it when you guys quote 11 people , it takes up the whole page , it is redundant and a tiny bit boring ...can't you delete some of it and just keep the important parts ??? Just mho ...
honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

Linda wrote:Getting back to the pictures outside Nobu, on JJ Matthew Ellis wrote (if you can believe him) the following:
"I took the pictures of Daniel Craig leaving Nobu the other night and I must say what a top bloke he is. He even stopped me falling over backwards as I tripped as I took the picture. LOL"

We always knew that Daniel was a "top bloke" as they say in England. Just another example of the great guy.

I kind of believe him, as why would he write that? I asked him if he took other pictures of DC, and I will let you know if he replies.
I thought being drunk/tipsy slows down your reflexes, so this story would seem to indicate DC being quite sober and him being the worst for wear exaggerated.
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

honeyjes wrote:
I thought being drunk/tipsy slows down your reflexes, so this story would seem to indicate DC being quite sober and him being the worst for wear exaggerated.
I thought that was a given, that this story was blown out of proportion. I am confident, he wouldn't get loaded in front of Barbara Brokkoli and his daughter and why would he? I am sure, he has all the alcohol he could want at home and doesn't need to get drunk outside. Tipsy? Maybe..he seems to be in a great mood recently, smiled/laughted for the paps twice...and its really cool a pap would make the effort to call his "victim" a cool bloke. Good for him.

As for looking worst for wear - some articles said he was looking hunky others didn't. We know he can take bad pictures and it was dark and with the lights being thrown in his face, they might have cast shodows, that weren't there. Who knows. I know, I like the smiling ones and this, because its one of his Bond faces.

Last edited by Germangirl on Sun May 17, 2009 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

laredo wrote:I just want to say I hate it when you guys quote 11 people , it takes up the whole page , it is redundant and a tiny bit boring ...can't you delete some of it and just keep the important parts ??? Just mho ...
I hear you. It takes up a lot more bandwidth than necessary, especially when pictures are involved. I can see it when I check the statistics for my mobile net thingy. It's really annoying for people who don't have a broadband connection.
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Back on topic....so the scarf is from Dunhill (who's brand icon is Jude Law - http://www.dunhill.com/en-gb/) "Dunhill caters to the needs of the discerning man, from formal and casual menswear..",
Thelma wrote: Image
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I just get a kick that he ties it so well . I wonder who taught him that . Has he always done that or is it new ? Is there an lod pic with it tied that way ?

Thanks Anglo , I know I'm not the only one who feels thi way . The first 2 yrs here I didn't even know how to qoute and would just answer the thoughts above what I was saying .
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

There is a lot of forum etiquette and lot of it is hard to adhere to - I doubt anyone intends to deliberately bore, digress off topic, or eat up bandwidth - but point taken! It's just conversation, and hard to PM when more than two parties are involved.

Overall, I think the constant image repeat / comment problem hasn't been such a problem of late?
Sazza

Post by Sazza »

laredo wrote:I just get a kick that he ties it so well . I wonder who taught him that . Has he always done that or is it new ? Is there an lod pic with it tied that way ?

Thanks Anglo , I know I'm not the only one who feels thi way . The first 2 yrs here I didn't even know how to qoute and would just answer the thoughts above what I was saying .
I love the way he does it too! I do mine like that too, its not something I learnt really, always did it!! Maybe Sats ties it for him... :D
"If the only thing left of you was your smile and your little finger, you'd still be more of a man than anyone I've ever known."
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

bumblebee wrote:There is a lot of forum etiquette and lot of it is hard to adhere to - I doubt anyone intends to deliberately bore, digress off topic, or eat up bandwidth - but point taken! It's just conversation, and hard to PM when more than two parties are involved.

You don't have to pm. You don't have to qoute all 11 qoutes . You can delete most of them and qoute the last ones you are speaking to . See how I deleted some of your qoute ? I don't mind off topic if it is
interesting or enlighting .
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

I sometimes tie my scarfs like he does :lol: . I'm not sure if there's a title for it but I call it Sharpe style because the character Sharpe (from the mini series with Sean Bean) sometimes styled his like that. And that's the end of my nerdy defense :wink: