Paparazzi Pics

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alina

Post by Alina »

CockHargreaves wrote: And even more to think "bloody hell, there's an online forum full of women who want to shag my dad"!
:rotfl: I bet she knows :)
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

Alina wrote:
CockHargreaves wrote: And even more to think "bloody hell, there's an online forum full of women who want to shag my dad"!
She's bound to! She might think it's hilarious that people hero-worship him. He's only a bloke, after all. Probably snores, farts, leaves his pants on the floor, sulks, does beery burps, and all that. :wink:
Alina

Post by Alina »

CockHargreaves wrote:
Alina wrote:
She's bound to! She might think it's hilarious that people hero-worship him. He's only a bloke, after all. Probably snores, farts, leaves his pants on the floor, sulks, does beery burps, and all that. :wink:
You are right, he's only a bloke, and being fully aware of that I still tend to believe that his farts smell of roses :rotfl:

Ok, I'm kidding a bit, but it's true that when you worship or idolize someone you find it hard to believe that that person has similar to yours "physiological construction" :)

There's a very good poem by Jonathan Swift, called The Lady's Dressing Room and it's basically about disillusion and disenchantment the main character experiences when he sees the contents of his beloved lady's dressing room. The culmination is when he discovers her chamber pot and realises she's not a goddess, but an ordinary human being, which truly disgusts him - a short fragment:
So things, which must not be expressed,
When plumped into the reeking chest,
Send up an excremental smell
To taint the parts from whence they fell.
The petticoats and gown perfume,
Which waft a stink round every room.
Thus finishing his grand survey,
Disgusted Strephon stole away
Repeating in his amorous fits,
Oh! Celia, Celia, Celia shits!
:lol:

After the poem was published Swift was accused of misogyny, but the point is that you should NEVER try get to know your idol too closely, as it may turn out he/she is just an ordinary human being.
Of course there's also a deeper meaning of the poem and it's about people's superficiality and vanity - I'm not going to bore you with an in-depth analysis now :)

Still, I don't think I'd stop loving Daniel even if I discovered he shits :) I already suspect he might, so it wouldn't be such a great shock after all. :)

I hope Ella won't read this :)

I'm being a bit "tongue-in-cheek" now, but you get my point for sure :)
Last edited by Alina on Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Haha Alina, love it! :lol:
CockHargreaves

Post by CockHargreaves »

I love the poem, Alina. The Roman poet Ovid suggested it was a huge mistake to see the object of your desire brushing their teeth - same reason, not to destroy the illusion of perfection I guess!
purple

Post by purple »

Projecting on the other your illusions, forcing him or her to live up to them and then be devastated when he or she fails and is just being him or herself...now these are the prerequisites of a "healthy" relationship. With all due respect for both Swift and Ovid but today they would have been great at writing romcoms. And now that I am done bitching I will go back to Mr Fleming.

I hope Swift was ironic. ..
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

And what's wrong with rom coms? After a long day or week, sometimes a girl just needs a glass of wine and a bit of escapism.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Thank you, Luna! :blowkiss: Actually, she's 21, not 22.
purple

Post by purple »

I don't know Bee when it comes to romcoms I think I am tired of sweet pink unrealistic stories. I supoose that I am in one of those periods when it doesn't feel like escapism it just feels frustrating. But it is true that I have always been more on the dark/gritty/noir/sarcastic side. And I prefer not having a happy ending.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

purple wrote:I don't know Bee when it comes to romcoms I think I am tired of sweet pink unrealistic stories. I supoose that I am in one of those periods when it doesn't feel like escapism it just feels frustrating. But it is true that I have always been more on the dark/gritty/noir/sarcastic side. And I prefer not having a happy ending.
I'm not a romcom kind of gal either.....
unless there is nothing else on the tv. :wink:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hm - I like romcoms, when they are done halfway decent. :wik: It turns me off a film rather, if I know beforehand, the hero/heroine is dying. The romantic in me wants a happy ending. :oops:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Daniel_Craig wrote:Cool 8) "IT" lives!!!
One could say that for you, too, these days. :evil:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

purple

Post by purple »

I think the romantic in me died already :lol:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

purple wrote:I think the romantic in me died already :lol:
Ooch :comfort:
I really get going, when the violins start and all that :oops: