Paparazzi Pics

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
I agree - very little - so maybe what ever he is doing works. He has no reason to complain, if you see it rationally - but I don´t think, he can be rational with this - he just reacts and doesn´t cover, what he´s feeling. I really think in his world, he feels, he has a right to be left alone - unreasonable as it may sound and it will not happen either. Its one of the few points, where I consider him unreasonably stubborn to his own disadvantage. But its like in the Frank Sinatry Song "I do it my way"
At least, he never does anything stupid like hitting them or being largely unpolite. Remember the NY Christmas vid from TMZ? He always said "Leave me alone, PLEASE" :wink:
So true. And you are so right about him keeping his composure (XMAS and the St. Barts papz box). But I think 'his way' has worked against him to some extent. I wonder if he were better liked by the papz, would they have published those unflattering pics of him leaving the Ivy that highlighted the zit (or spot) on his face? That was a nasty thing to do, and somehow I doubt pics of Hugh with a zit would have been published (he's good to them - they are good to him). But whatever, it's totally Daniel's choice.
Yes, agree again - its definitely to his disadvantage. They react to him in being unpolite when given the chance. That´s why I call it stubborn. He surely knows, they have a right to pap him but part of him doesn´t want to accept that. He can´t and doesn´t want to help it and is prepared to take the heat for it, I think.
Lets remember, that all the strong, powerful energy, that works FOR him in so many aspects, is in full force here, too. Maybe he feels, if he is loved too much, they (the fans, the press etc) will be all over him even worse and he can´t take that. Its maybe his way of keeping them at arms length at least.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Germangirl wrote:
sf2la wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
I agree - very little - so maybe what ever he is doing works. He has no reason to complain, if you see it rationally - but I don´t think, he can be rational with this - he just reacts and doesn´t cover, what he´s feeling. I really think in his world, he feels, he has a right to be left alone - unreasonable as it may sound and it will not happen either. Its one of the few points, where I consider him unreasonably stubborn to his own disadvantage. But its like in the Frank Sinatry Song "I do it my way"
At least, he never does anything stupid like hitting them or being largely unpolite. Remember the NY Christmas vid from TMZ? He always said "Leave me alone, PLEASE" :wink:
So true. And you are so right about him keeping his composure (XMAS and the St. Barts papz box). But I think 'his way' has worked against him to some extent. I wonder if he were better liked by the papz, would they have published those unflattering pics of him leaving the Ivy that highlighted the zit (or spot) on his face? That was a nasty thing to do, and somehow I doubt pics of Hugh with a zit would have been published (he's good to them - they are good to him). But whatever, it's totally Daniel's choice.
Yes, agree again - its definitely to his disadvantage. They react to him in being unpolite when given the chance. That´s why I call it stubborn. He surely knows, they have a right to pap him but part of him doesn´t want to accept that. He can´t and doesn´t want to help it and is prepared to take the heat for it, I think.
Lets remember, that all the strong, powerful energy, that works FOR him in so many aspects, is in full force here, too. Maybe he feels, if he is loved too much, they (the fans, the press etc) will be all over him even worse and he can´t take that. Its maybe his way of keeping them at arms length at least.
All in all - many of us would like him to be more prince charming with the paps, but doing it HIS WAY defines him and he hasn´t done too bad for himself. He had made so many decisions, that we know of along the way, that weren´t the most obvious steps to success but rather built on HIS WAY to see and feel about things. Worked for him so far, I think, because a lot of those steps on the sideways brought him where he is now, which is quite the achievement.

Pics of Hugh every day, pics of Daniel - very rarely, so - it works :wink:
Last edited by Germangirl on Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

fond-of-bond

Post by fond-of-bond »

I actually like the fact that he doesn't bow down to the paps, no-one has the right to take someone's picture without permission, no matter how famous they are. He is not public property. He has every right to a private life just like the rest of us. I hope he did tell them to "F*** Off!" I wouldn't blame him if he did.
chocolatecake

Post by chocolatecake »

It's good to see Sats looking so healthy. For a minute there she was getting a little too thin, in my opinion. Just one look between Dan and his dad and all I see is ears. :lol: They look so much a like.
chocolatecake

Post by chocolatecake »

I agree I think he is being a little stubborn. Though I can see from his point of view. He just wants to be himself. So when he is in a bad mood and does not the paps to follow he gives them the evil eye. But on most of the pics he is relaxed and just going on with his bussiness. Hell we even get a few when he smiles. I find it refreshing. It is nice to see a human being instead of a constant smiling chipper robot. I think he is giving his fans the biggest treat by just being himself. Glad to see he's not turning into a media whore.[/quote]
007Mania

Post by 007Mania »

Germangirl wrote:Pics of Hugh every day, pics of Daniel - very rarely, so - it works :wink:
Rare things are mostly more valuable, aren't they? :D ;)
Thinking of truffles. :lol:
Oh, Mr. Bond!
Image Image

"Nur du und ich... und 400 Papageien."
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

007Mania wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Pics of Hugh every day, pics of Daniel - very rarely, so - it works :wink:
A papz standing near me waiting in the barricades at the stage door said that pics of Daniel are worth more than Hugh because pics of Hugh are plentiful; he's around NYC a lot. The papz said the market for Daniel's pics is greater in the UK than the US though (per his agent). It's obviously equal for everyone on this board, but maybe it's true because it's Daniel's home and he has more long-time followers there. Most of us started with Bond.
007Mania

Post by 007Mania »

sf2la wrote:
007Mania wrote:
A papz standing near me waiting in the barricades at the stage door said that pics of Daniel are worth more than Hugh because pics of Hugh are plentiful; he's around NYC a lot. The papz said the market for Daniel's pics is greater in the UK than the US though (per his agent). It's obviously equal for everyone on this board, but maybe it's true because it's Daniel's home and he has more long-time followers there. Most of us started with Bond.
I can imagine that.

But I didn't only mean the money value, I was also thinking about the value for people like us who are happy to see a pic of Daniel anytime. The rarely the pics come the happier we are... :D
Oh, Mr. Bond!
Image Image

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I hear what you're saying. It is a thrill to see new pics, but given a choice of one new pic each day (daily Daniel) or waiting between long gaps, I'd have to choose Daily Daniel.
Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

I forgot to tell the story about the pap I met at the stage door. He was such an @$$hole. At first he was really nice, asking where he should stand and what not. I went over and stood by him at one point cause I was getting tired of this one Hugh fan who kept putting Daniel down (she always is at the stage door and is ALWAYS saying how much better Hugh is than Daniel, it gets OLD). And he asked me, does Daniel walk up or drive up, does Hugh always walk up, etc. I answered politely, whatever, he wasn't really bothering me. Then I don't remember how it came up, I think I mentioned I saw the show quite a few times and he said something about this being his first time and we debated if Hugh walked from the subway or was dropped of at the corner, etc. and he said something about Hugh living in the village and I said, yeah, I knew he did. Then he mentioned that Daniel had been elusive while in the City; he'd not had his picture taken hardly at all during his time here except early on in the run. Then the guy was all "I'm gonna change that! I'm gonna make sure I get pictures of him in the city" and it wasn't just that he said that basically he was going to find a way to follow Daniel around but it was the way he said it, all menacing. I immediately walked back to my friend who was standing near the Hugh fan realizing I'd rather hear that woman babble on about Hugh being the greatest, then be anywhere near the pap.

It was a weird experience. And I've met a few paps, now that I live here, but he was just... he made me uncomfortable. ANyway, that was all. Heh.
honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

Some of us are missing the point here, Daniel when at work gives 110% and in is down time goes about the business of being Daniel Craig private citizen. We and the paps know this, and some of us accordingly show some respect whilst others don't. Success shouldn't mean you bow to other people’s demands and abandon your principles. I don’t think being popular is an overriding factor with him so I doubt he’ll ever become a performing seal.

I also think that we’ve become so used to STARS baring their souls that it’s a bit off putting when someone who’s high profile doesn’t follow this route and are then found wanting.
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

honeyjes wrote:Some of us are missing the point here, Daniel when at work gives 110% and in is down time goes about the business of being Daniel Craig private citizen. We and the paps know this, and some of us accordingly show some respect whilst others don't. Success shouldn't mean you bow to other people’s demands and abandon your principles. I don’t think being popular is an overriding factor with him so I doubt he’ll ever become a performing seal.

I also think that we’ve become so used to STARS baring their souls that it’s a bit off putting when someone who’s high profile doesn’t follow this route and are then found wanting.
Yeah - extra cudoos for pissing them off. Its true in a way - that he might care less about his popularity then some of us do, me included. I am still split on this, though - I agree on all you say Honey, but I see the struggle, he has to keep them off his back and that is what sadens me a bit. Wish there was an easier way for him to deal with fame.
Just read about the a$$$hole pap in Elisas report...and like I said earlier, he´s made it to the top playing the game according to HIS rules and not theirs...

chocolatecake

Post by chocolatecake »

True, yet despite all this he is becoming more popular. Only on his terms, and for his talent, not because of who he's sleeping with or what he's wearing. So I think he is doing it the right way. To the chagrin of his loving, and if not a bit obsessive, fans. We want more. We want the whole world to see what we see. It can be frustrating because he wont open up. In my opinion anyway.
honeyjes wrote:Some of us are missing the point here, Daniel when at work gives 110% and in is down time goes about the business of being Daniel Craig private citizen. We and the paps know this, and some of us accordingly show some respect whilst others don't. Success shouldn't mean you bow to other people’s demands and abandon your principles. I don’t think being popular is an overriding factor with him so I doubt he’ll ever become a performing seal.

That pap is a creep!! I've heard them say awful things to famous people. They treat them like they're not human
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

chocolatecake wrote:True, yet despite all this he is becoming more popular. Only on his terms, and for his talent, not because of who he's sleeping with or what he's wearing. So I think he is doing it the right way. To the chagrin of his loving, and if not a bit obsessive, fans. We want more. We want the whole world to see what we see. It can be frustrating because he wont open up. In my opinion anyway.
Very well put...

007Mania

Post by 007Mania »

sf2la wrote:I hear what you're saying. It is a thrill to see new pics, but given a choice of one new pic each day (daily Daniel) or waiting between long gaps, I'd have to choose Daily Daniel.
Yeah, I'd choose Daily Daniel, too (if I had the choice) but I don't want the paps bother him... :? I like it that he keeps (or try to keep) his personal life private.
Oh, Mr. Bond!
Image Image