Random pictures and vids

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Hehe, that's really the only thing, a second-long clip from that video. It just interests me because I don't think they met each other very often during the years between when they were young and DH. Neither go to show biz events a lot and the only parties I know whey both went to were the Oscars, so possibly their paths just didn't cross often. I could be wrong; who knows about mutual friends' private parties. Anyway, both were looking fairly gorgeous that night :)
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Madeleine wrote:Hehe, that's really the only thing, a second-long clip from that video. It just interests me because I don't think they met each other very often during the years between when they were young and DH. Neither go to show biz events a lot and the only parties I know whey both went to were the Oscars, so possibly their paths just didn't cross often. I could be wrong; who knows about mutual friends' private parties. Anyway, both were looking fairly gorgeous that night :)
I don't know. The film world is quite small, particulaly in the UK.
There's the pic of them at a screening of Enduring Love.
Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Yeah, I know that one, but apart from those two events and 2007 Oscars (I believe Rachel skipped the after-parties that time) I'm not aware of any event they were both in, having gone through events they have attended. You might still be right and there's no info of every event, especially old ones.
I base my assumption on the fact that Rachel moved to New York in 2002, so there was perhaps even less chance of their paths crossing. Except for the Enduring Love screening, which was in New York. :)
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Madeleine wrote:Yeah, I know that one, but apart from those two events and 2007 Oscars (I believe Rachel skipped the after-parties that time) I'm not aware of any event they were both in, having gone through events they have attended. You might still be right and there's no info of every event, especially old ones.
I base my assumption on the fact that Rachel moved to New York in 2002, so there was perhaps even less chance of their paths crossing. Except for the Enduring Love screening, which was in New York. :)
I didn't mean events as such, but more of the possibility of moving in some of the same circles due to people they know or have worked with, such as Sam Mendes, Hugh Jackman, Jude Law, Mark Strong, Nick Reding etc.....
Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

I see, yeah. It fascinates me, like on a general level and not necessarily in relation to Daniel & Rachel, how much actors actually mingle with each other outside of work and industry related events? The impression I get is that during filming it's not so common to hang out after finishing a day's work, and actors are also nomads in the way that they always move onto a next project, possibly get to know the people they work with, but it's rarer to keep in touch after finishing their projects, at least not with the majority of people they work with. The exception would be when they form close friendships like Daniel and Mark.
Actors' lives preoccupy us regular people so much...
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Its seems like such a different life.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

First, thank you A and Dunda for that gorgeous photo!

But Madeliene, I had totally forgotten about the R&D pics that event. She had already undressed him in her mind just by looking at the gushing look on her face. He looked quite pleased what he saw, too. And exactly one year later they'd be 'doing it' in Canada while filming. Goegeous people, they are. I tho I it's his looks, charm/charisma, and sense of humor that slayed her. I think he's always fancied her.
cassandra

Post by cassandra »

They certainly had known each other for a long time before they married.

The Blu-Ray disc of ‘Dream House’ includes a feature ‘Dreamcast’, which has a very brief interview with Daniel. This is what he had to say about Rachel: ‘Libby is played by Rachel Weisz who I've kind of known all my life. She was acting when I was -- started acting around the same time I started acting in London. So this is the first professional job we've ever done together.’

They first worked together in 1994 in a workshop play ‘Les Grandes Horizontales’ at the National Theatre Studio. Rachel told an amusing anecdote about the play in a 2015 interview for Harper’s Bazzar: http://www.harpersbazaar.co.uk/fashion/ ... hel-weisz/
Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

I do like that story. My theory is, between Horizontales & DH they didn't meet that often, apart from the events we know of and quite likely some parties and such that we don't know of. My impression is that they knew each other rather than were friends. I could very well imagine that if they had met each other very often, or had spent any longer period of time together, it would have become obvious sooner than during DH how strongly they "click". ;)
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I've said it before, but I don't know if Daniel was ready for Rachel until Bond. Possibly too much of a player, wasn't 'rich-rich', didn't have the body or education. But who knows. Timing is everything. It all worked out to appear like a fairy tale. I love the fact that he was the one who convinced her to marry him. He has to do right by her after that :lol: .
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Birthday greetings from Olivia Coleman and Daniel Craig to Queen Elizabeth II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ds1O4tKUSY
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

OMG. How incredibly cute is that? This little smile growing. :thud:

This sure is a thud morning. :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Can someone pretty pleasure provide a link. At the moment I don't have what it takes to do even that myself. :cry:

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thanks my lovely :D

Remember when he was invites to a private dinner with Rachel together with Helena B C, Tim Robbisn and some politicians? So he actually has a conncetion with her that goes beyond the Bond scetch. Sounds like he really likes and admires her.