The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - pics and vids

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

sasha

Post by sasha »

tbossmc2000 wrote: It took Mikel a very long time to peal back her layers and find the person she.
Oh, what a great insight, tboss! This is probably why she is naked on the poster - to stress the trust that is between them. She is in very vulnerable position, but her body is relaxed because she trusts him completely.
This poster says so much - her body says that she trusts this man, and with all these piercing - what she went through, her face says she is strong and ready to fight. MB says "stay away, I will do whatever it takes to protect her." The colors set the mood.
Leave it to Fincher to tell the whole story in one image!!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sasha wrote:
tbossmc2000 wrote: It took Mikel a very long time to peal back her layers and find the person she.
Oh, what a great insight, tboss! This is probably why she is naked on the poster - to stress the trust that is between them. She is in very vulnerable position, but her body is relaxed because she trusts him completely.
This poster says so much - her body says that she trusts this man, and with all these piercing - what she went through, her face says she is strong and ready to fight. MB says "stay away, I will do whatever it takes to protect her." The colors set the mood.
Leave it to Fincher to tell the whole story in one image!!
If you have a short look, you see a naked body but on closer inspection, one can FEEL, what they mean and like you said - its the whole story of their relationship told here. There are naked bodies and there are naked bodies - this is the latter...my two...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

honeyjes wrote:Well if that’s what you see isn’t that too part of the story, some people self harm if they’ve been traumatised. Can’t her piercings also be viewed as that? As I said before the visuals tell the story, how we choose to interpret what we see is dependent on whether we actually view it in context or just see a pair of exposed pierced breasts and the exploitation of women, which too is the story, so whichever way you look at or object to the poster we still come back to the story being told.

We sometimes have to try and think outside the box.
I don't see that,sorry.
Besides that i don't bond with Lisbeth character,as usual cause sometimes i don't bond at all with any female characters,i see only a smart use of a young girl naked exposed body just to catch the interest of a male audience.
But i don't see Lisbeth in the poster of the movie.
I see Rooney Mara' ruined body.
And Craig to me doesn't look protective at all,he seems very evil,very old, and also minacious.It's like he wanted to point it out that the naked girl he's embracing is his personal property.That's why i said that to me this poster is too into S&M visual style.At least to me is quite recognizable an S&M influence.
Also it's not a matter to see out of the box,not everyone knows the theme of the film in detail,so some people see only a naked girl embraced by and old man in the poster.
In Canada infact the poster was censored..

Moreover, we assume that everyone knows well the theme of the movie,but nor everyone read the book.I embody a viewer who sees only the movie poster for the first time and knows absolutely nothing about the movie or the book.

All your opionions are really skilled and perfectly fine to me,but all of you knows already the swedish movies,or read the books,and basically have already an detailed idea of the theme of the movie,so it's easy to come to these deep conclusions for you.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

You raise a good point, $ab. Taken out of context, it's provocative. That said, the movie is for adults, sex is a strong theme in the story as is violence, all of what that poster communicates. I think it's spot on. Not everyone is interested in that kind of story. Do you think you will see the movie?
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

sf2la wrote:You raise a good point, $ab. Taken out of context, it's provocative. That said, the movie is for adults, sex is a strong theme in the story as is violence, all of what that poster communicates. I think it's spot on. Not everyone is iinterested in that kind of story. Do you think you will see the movie?
Not everything is for everyone, it makes life so fasinating, We all see through the hour glass in a different way. Art is the same way, 1 pcitures can have a thousand different definitions.
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

sf2la wrote:You raise a good point, $ab. Taken out of context, it's provocative. That said, the movie is for adults, sex is a strong theme in the story as is violence, all of what that poster communicates. I think it's spot on. Not everyone is interested in that kind of story. Do you think you will see the movie?
Regarding the poster:usually the poster is shown outside the theatre so anyone could see it,even children or teenager...so i do undestand well all the controversy regarding the poster.Me myself don't like it.
I've said all i guess,and i really don't want to feed a heated discussion about that.

Actually i don't know if i will see the movie,basically since in Italy we will see it, i guess, on February 2012 =____=",something like that,also i'm reading the books,my dad borrowed his,and already seen the swedish movies,made recently on sat tv.
I have really hard time to bond with Lisbeth character,so that could really compromise enjoying the movie,at least for me.I've also identified the performance of Noomi Rapace with Lisbeth character,so i don't see so much chance for Rooney Mara to impress me. But that is logical to happens, as with the remake the comparison is at least quite logical.
I don't surely want to wait 2012 to see a Craig movie,and this one is surely the best around.
$abbatha

Post by $abbatha »

tbossmc2000 wrote:
sf2la wrote:You raise a good point, $ab. Taken out of context, it's provocative. That said, the movie is for adults, sex is a strong theme in the story as is violence, all of what that poster communicates. I think it's spot on. Not everyone is iinterested in that kind of story. Do you think you will see the movie?
Not everything is for everyone, it makes life so fasinating, We all see through the hour glass in a different way. Art is the same way, 1 pcitures can have a thousand different definitions.
Besides that Craig to me looks awful in this poster,ok already mentioned.It's not a matter of taste,it's not even a matter of relate the poster to the theme of the movie,that is about extreme sex,and violence.
This poster is a sort of advertising for the movie itself..and i agree that is definitely too much.Art is a pic of Mapplethorpe,or Rutter,or Newton,not a movie poster.

I do remember on SEPT that a stunning ad of Bvlgari that was censored in Venice just because Julianne Moore posed naked with a bunch baby lions,her body was completely hidden by baby lions,so was an innocuous picture.

This movie poster is definitely more hard and exteme,so why wonders that someone,like me,and in some countries there is a controversy related to this poster?
IMo it's normal.

Ok saying this i really close the discussion,i've said all for real
:lol:
calypso

Post by calypso »

is what i said when psoter first came out

lisbeth is naked vulnerable she trusts mikeal to protect her to a point...just... is why he has ONE arm around her, not smothering her
she hold onto him with TWO arms...she needs him more than he thinks

poster is complex, yes for shock value , of course...but very integral to film, is subtle in many ways...look beyond shock and what you have is portrayal of fine balance dynamic between mikeal and lisbeth
ImageImage
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

The topic is not closed on my part. I disagree with your prospective. It;s yours to own and that is fine.
Art is a pic of Mapplethorpe,or Rutter,or Newton,not a movie poster
How can you be so narrow minded about art. Art is in everything, it's not an artist or a picture, It makes the world, art is everywhere and in everything.
Look at the architecture arround you, you live in a part of the world with the richest and oldest art.
A photographer is an artist, very good artist. A movie poster is just as important to the artist that designed it.
I understand you don't like anything about Dragon, but don't piss on our parade.
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

tbossmc2000 wrote:The topic is not closed on my part. I disagree with your prospective. It;s yours to own and that is fine.
Art is a pic of Mapplethorpe,or Rutter,or Newton,not a movie poster
How can you be so narrow minded about art. Art is in everything, it's not an artist or a picture, It makes the world, art is everywhere and in everything.
Look at the architecture arround you, you live in a part of the world with the richest and oldest art.
A photographer is an artist, very good artist. A movie poster is just as important to the artist that designed it.
I understand you don't like anything about Dragon, but don't piss on our parade.
Even the poster with just the words 'GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO' is art. It's graphic art, and it's extremely powerful.
sasha

Post by sasha »

$abbatha wrote:Regarding the poster:usually the poster is shown outside the theatre so anyone could see it,even children or teenager...so i do undestand well all the controversy regarding the poster.
Hi $ab, I thought about it, you know you are right it is rather harsh, but in art museums we see a lot of pictures of a great masters that present necked bodies, violence and very disturbing images and we still take our children there to enjoy them, right? So as gg said there is a difference in how you present the image. In nowadays, people rarely go to museums and somehow the little we left with are posters. So I think it is important that our youngsters will see things of quality. And this poster is very close to being a piece of art, isn't it?
But I do understand your concern. :)
caramel

Post by caramel »

When it comes to this poster I don't seem to have a big analytical mind I guess!!
I ALWAYS go for Daniel M.Effing Craig's expression in the poster. Its just pure BLISS!!! :thud:
What naked body are you guys talking about?
calypso

Post by calypso »

Last edited by calypso on Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

caramel wrote:When it comes to this poster I don't seem to have a big analytical mind I guess!!
I ALWAYS go for Daniel M.Effing Craig's expression in the poster. Its just pure BLISS!!! :thud:
:rotfl: No kidding! She's in his way - that's what she is!
khenton

Post by khenton »

caramel wrote:When it comes to this poster I don't seem to have a big analytical mind I guess!!
:stick_iagree: :stick_iagree: I may not know art but his brother and I agree that is HHH is smoking hot in that poster and I don't care what kind Of grief the press gives this movie--another bond action movie my pah too tee--I am so there. :wink: K
Damn. No future with Daniel Craig.Image
Fourwordsbeforesex "Hello, I'm Daniel Craig."