SkyFall pics and vids (pics DTD only)

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

we don't really know for sure that Daniel actually signed on for MM in the first place.
I think that he may have wanted to keep this time free.
Rachel has also dropped her latest project.
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

The HR article is badly written and flip flops by hedging its’ bets with innuendos and conjecture. Not much insight at all.
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater
caramel

Post by caramel »

Sylvia's girl wrote:we don't really know for sure that Daniel actually signed on for MM in the first place.
I agree. I think he had given a VERBAL agreement to star in TMM provided something else didn't come along his way in the mean time.
When the play (probably what he was after all along) happened he withdrew.
I highly doubt it was about anything else because Rachel did the same with her movie, Maps. She had also given just a VERBAL agreement to Cronenberg.

I don't see him being embittered enough to withdraw from a contract just because he wasn't getting more millions from them. That would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.
After all he must be aware that there are many actors just vying to take your spot in projects (I don't mean Bond movies).

I don't see Daniel playing hardball with Sony over money matters. With them being a big studio I believe he has the sense to play nice to the best extent possible.
He doesn't have to acquiesce to all their wants and needs but one has to be dignified in their haggling for longevity in that industry.
He is not going to benefit much if he has a fall out with big studios like that. Remember Amy Pascal from Sony was the one who offered him Blomkvist?
Yeah stuff like that wont happen if you are going to be unprofessional and are generally seen as uncooperative. That is the last thing Daniel is imo.

EDIT - I thought his pay for Bond 24/25 (about $50 Mil) sounded like a sweet deal.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

In the wor4st case, Tampa is right - add the absence at the Baftas and Oscars.

But the other option is really and that makes even more sense to me, that the play, both wanted to do came along and he didn't want to jump from film to play to Bond.

I really hope for the latter version.

Was there a disagreement over pay for Tattoo? Roponey only said, they wouldn't write him out, not that there was no problem. But as so often, we don't even know, if there is any truth in it at all. That makes it so difficult to judge these things.

So - here is just hoping for the best and sits back and waits what happens next.

Shouldn't he be in Australia soon?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I've been too busy to keep up or to try to find out what might be going on (not that I would be successful in that endeavor anyway), but my thoughts are as follows:

Bond 24/25 would have been 'dead' without DC, at least if released so close on the heels of SF. BB & MW DO LOVE DC. That's obvious. Their business is a family business, and they can run it anyway they want to, and bviously ran it right with SF. We have no idea what DC's contract is for the next two movies. $50M is HUGE for basically one year of actual work on a set. He and his agent negotiate his salary. They thought it was fair, even given the success of SF. We don't know what bonuses or DVD percentages he gets. We just don't know.

Just because he excels as Bond doesn't mean his salary for other movies should be equal to those. Just sayin. I think he needs to show that he can carry a non-Bond movie on his own before he gets his panties in a wad over feeling he isn't getting paid enough. I think they are ALL overpaid, so I have little sympathy for ANY movie star having a pity party about their salaries. Yeah, I know - other stars get paid, the movie grosses are high, la la la ......still, I have no sympathy. Not even for Daniel.

Regarding not showing up for the awards ceremonies, I don't know know what to think, but I've stopped thinking about it until now. I only wanted to see his beautiful face. If Rachel was on another continent, I suppose that's an excuse. As much as those award shows are boring, etc., and one could think that he didn't go because he got snubbed (a possibility), one aspect of the awards is to celebrate excellence in the field in which you work. Yes, to show respect to OTHERS. To your colleagues in all areas of film making. If he didn't go because he didn't feel like it or felt snubbed, that could be considered selfish and bitter. I really don't know.

It's late, I'm tired, and therefore I apologize for my attitude tonight, but there's no way I can care if he should be making another $20M for a single film that takes less than a year to shoot. He's a privileged man.

I do love how Rachel intervened with the him and the camera guy! :lol: And I don't blame him for snapping at the guy. Who wouldn't? Celebrity or no celebrity. As Caramel says, if the guy was going to do that, he needed to be more stealth-like. Don't get caught. I wonder how DC would have handled it if it had been a woman? I wonder if the man was a regular ole shopper or was a papz who followed them in to take a video? Maybe a shopper given the camera phone. Don't know.
Last edited by sf2la on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Sylvia's girl wrote:we don't really know for sure that Daniel actually signed on for MM in the first place.
Does anyone remember his interview with Huner TV \ Mag?
He was asked what his next project was and future plans. He said that he wanted some
down time, to spend time with the family and do normal things. There was no mentiion of
MM or any other acting projects.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Sleep well - here the sun is out already :lol:

You are deffo right about him not being the powerhouse outside of Bond and that certainly shows in the salaries. He got 6 mill for C&A and Tattoo. I am sure, he is smart enough to realize that and won't go snapping out of a film like MM because of money. He might be worth a lot as Bond, but not so much apart from that - so far - unfortunately.

Damon got in Dec 4th and the Tattoo paycheck article came on Jan 31. So no real relation here for me.
Sure, he doesn't want to act like a naive fool over money, (and he has his people for that) but I canot see him getting a fit over it either - certainly not if its a juicy role.

I wished - some day - we would get to know, why he dropped out. Maybe it really IS the play and not enough off time otherwise. remember the Hunger interview? That was his biggest wish - free time to do normal things. maybe he can't get enough of that right now? :dunno:

BTW - I COULD see a possibility of being a bit :( over the obvious Bafta snub, but NO WAY, he thought, he would be nominated for an Oscar. So - his absence there certainly doesn't have to do with any snubs. I think, he just allowed himself to not go, because he was fed up with it all, because there was so much attention in the recent months on him and he was tired of it.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:Sleep well - here the sun is out already :lol:

You are deffo right about him not being the powerhouse outside of Bond and that certainly shows in the salaries. He got 6 mill for C&A and Tattoo. I am sure, he is smart enough to realize that and won't go snapping out of a film like MM because of money. He might be worth a lot as Bond, but not so much apart from that - so far - unfortunately.

Damon got in Dec 4th and the Tattoo paycheck article came on Jan 31. So no real relation here for me.
Sure, he doesn't want to act like a naive fool over money, (and he has his people for that) but I canot see him getting a fit over it either - certainly not if its a juicy role.

I wished - some day - we would get to know, why he dropped out. Maybe it really IS the play and not enough off time otherwise. remember the Hunger interview? That was his biggest wish - free time to do normal things. maybe he can't get enough of that right now? :dunno:
If I had to guess, I'd say it was (1) for Rachel (she really wants to do the play - he's done Broadway) and (2) because Bond is right after that. The only reason I think he should have been in that movie is because I think it's going to be a QUALITY movie that will stand the test of time. The story is very significant, and Clooney is obviously brilliant at what he does.

GG, meeting up with my friends - you know the ones - in London this next week. Should be fun.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote: GG, meeting up with my friends - you know the ones - in London this next week. Should be fun.
So I wish you that - LOTS OF FUN - and now go to sleep :twisted:

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:
sf2la wrote: GG, meeting up with my friends - you know the ones - in London this next week. Should be fun.
I know...flight tomorrow :cry: . Nitey, and thanks.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
I know...flight tomorrow :cry: . Nitey, and thanks.
I will give the ups on anything happening. Apart from pap pics, for what you have you alert :lol:

caramel

Post by caramel »

I don't get why so much imp is attached to him not attending Bafta, Oscars?
He wasn't nominated - why would he go? Skyfall was nominated for a bunch of tech awards.
Even BB/MW were not there for Oscars (I think). They were there for Baftas which was appropriate as it was nominated for Best Brit movie.

He went to GG to support Rachel otherwise he wouldn't have gone for that either.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Its being discussed in the way you do it, when you try to figure out things.
He presented at the Oscars after CR and QOS in 07 and 09, so its not a far stretched thought, he would again at least BE there for the 50th anniversary. No more, no less. I am not giving it a twist in any direction.
Personally I feel, more then ever, he just goes, where he absolutely NEEDS to be. He wasn't there for the one, where he won "Best actor in an action film" either. A personal decision IMO - not much to it.

@C - I do agree with you, that he is not the type, getting a fit over money OR awards. But to get an as round as possible picture, these things should be mentionned. In the end, we won't know the truth anyway. So we can stop talking about it or continue, KNOWING its all a big guessing game. Both is fine with me.

honeyjes

Post by honeyjes »

I think some have forgotten that apart from the Britannia and Globes Daniel hasn’t attended many if any big award shows since 2009. He does fulfill his obligations and besides, the 50th anniversary was last year and he had already done is skit at the Olympics, the Oscars tribute was a half baked belated damp squib.
Truth, wisdom, love, seek reasons; malice only seeks causes.
Johann Kaspar Lavater