New Range Rover Sport Launch

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 46453
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Germangirl » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:19 am

The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

User avatar
DanielCraigFan1
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Wherever you are...Daniel...I'll be there...
Contact:

THANKS!!!

Post by DanielCraigFan1 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:46 am

Thank you for all the nice pics and the interesting clips.

Ladies, thanks for you efforts.
"You don't have to do. No-one has to do anything."
Daniel in Cannes 2007

SmittenDramaKitten
Posts: 9941
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:29 am

Post by SmittenDramaKitten » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:45 pm

OMG....!!!!!!!!!!!! :D 8) I'm slightly overwhelmed!!! Gone for a mere 3 days and THIS happens!!!!! :D

The Man looks W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L!!!!!!!!!! :thud: :thud: :thud: Such a sight for sore eyes!!!!!!! He just keeps getting better and better and I don't think he's too fat either.... but then, skinny or fat... don't care... I love him whatever he looks like but he just looks GREAT!!

I've only scratched the surface of this thread but I am going to have fun looking at all the pix and videos....... :twisted: :wink: :happyrunning:

HALLELUJAH!!!!! Thanks 2 Land Rover for bringing Our Man back to us!!!

I feel all :D but also :sigh: now!!!

User avatar
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator
Posts: 7195
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:27 pm

Post by Elaine_Figgis » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:10 pm

Did we know he made a million dollars for the 7 minutes on stage? Not bad work if you can get it!
Crazy!

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 46453
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Germangirl » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:50 pm

We don't know. Its just a rant from the New York Post, so it can be true or not. Either that or the 2 RR's for Nick Reddings charity.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

User avatar
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator
Posts: 7195
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:27 pm

Post by Elaine_Figgis » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:59 pm

Germangirl wrote:We don't know. Its just a rant from the New York Post, so it can be true or not. Either that or the 2 RR's for Nick Reddings charity.
I didn't hear if from the Post. I saw a mention on a gossip tv show. Having trouble tracking down the clip. But who knows where they got it from.
Crazy!

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 46453
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Germangirl » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:01 pm

Elaine_Figgis wrote:
Germangirl wrote:We don't know. Its just a rant from the New York Post, so it can be true or not. Either that or the 2 RR's for Nick Reddings charity.
I didn't hear if from the Post. I saw a mention on a gossip tv show. Having trouble tracking down the clip. But who knows where they got it from.
Just that the NY Post was the first to bring it up. They have it from a "source" as usual.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

User avatar
sf2la
Posts: 14520
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:15 pm
Location: CA

Post by sf2la » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:17 pm

Thanks everyone for the pics and videos! To me, that car is so gorgeously hot and sexy in a gun metal grey or black but pretty atrocious in that orange. But I get that it was at night and they wanted a color that would stand out.

He looks 'to die for' on the street in black and good to great in the RR photos. I don't think he looks fat at all, but there are definitely photo angles that make him look better than others. For me, it boils down to that jawline or no jawline look. His jawline is saggy in some pics; it's sharp in others. Grey is one of my least favorite colored suits - on anyone. Surely some set designer came up with all the color selections for the event. The grey suit wasn't just something he decided to wear that day.

Maybe one news agency is just copying the NYPost, but if you google the event, major news sources are reporting that he received $1M for 7 minutes and no speaking. I believe it because I can't imagine that he'd touch anything for less than that these days unless it was his own project. He's helping RR sell a helluva lot of those things. They couldn't ask for a better pitchman.

User avatar
Dunda
Administrator
Posts: 21959
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Dunda » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:12 pm

I guess those "journalists" from the New York post didn't see the video..... :twisted:

I'm sure it took more than 7 minutes to film that....but it's still a nice payment even for a two day job :lol:
Image

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 46453
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Germangirl » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:34 pm

But its ridiculous to argue, he didn't speak and made it short. Like IF HE decides how to present himself and the car - for 1 mill? Of course, the focus was on the car, once it was delivered and in one vid, you could see the executives speaking, which is THEIR job. Stupid and lazy and beasty journalism.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

User avatar
sf2la
Posts: 14520
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:15 pm
Location: CA

Post by sf2la » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:45 pm

Germangirl wrote:But its ridiculous to argue, he didn't speak and made it short. Like IF HE decides how to present himself and the car - for 1 mill? Of course, the focus was on the car, once it was delivered and in one vid, you could see the executives speaking, which is THEIR job. Stupid and lazy and beasty journalism.
GG, I don't think that's the point. No one would expect him to say anything. It's just an interesting bit of information that someone can drive a car, open the door, get out, stand there for a few moments, and make a million dollars. Obviously, his image is worth it to the brand, but think about it...that's a lot of money for a little bit of 'work.' That's why it made the news.

Germangirl
Moderator
Posts: 46453
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Germangirl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:51 am

sf2la wrote:
Germangirl wrote:But its ridiculous to argue, he didn't speak and made it short. Like IF HE decides how to present himself and the car - for 1 mill? Of course, the focus was on the car, once it was delivered and in one vid, you could see the executives speaking, which is THEIR job. Stupid and lazy and beasty journalism.
GG, I don't think that's the point. No one would expect him to say anything. It's just an interesting bit of information that someone can drive a car, open the door, get out, stand there for a few moments, and make a million dollars. Obviously, his image is worth it to the brand, but think about it...that's a lot of money for a little bit of 'work.' That's why it made the news.
No, can't agree. Its the undertone of the "news". Its not reporting "facts" its reporting news and at the same time surrounds it with a lot of negativity. Obviously THEY make it look, like soµ€one could be expected to speak and dance and do whatever for this amount of money. Hence - he is the a***h*** again for not doing the stuff. THINKING people would agree with that he wasn't supposed to talk (Mr. Bond :lol:), but for the papers the story is only good,if they can twist it and make him look bad. And,of course, with a lot of envy going on, people will jump on that wagon.

BTW - I am still not convinced. WSe have seen EVERY, even the more serious papers, repeat what some little shit paper started. So - until now, we have NO reason to believe it, just because...its fine with me, but who knows.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Image

User avatar
sf2la
Posts: 14520
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:15 pm
Location: CA

Post by sf2la » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:45 pm

Germangirl wrote:
No, can't agree. Its the undertone of the "news". Its not reporting "facts" its reporting news and at the same time surrounds it with a lot of negativity. Obviously THEY make it look, like soµ€one could be expected to speak and dance and do whatever for this amount of money. Hence - he is the a***h*** again for not doing the stuff. THINKING people would agree with that he wasn't supposed to talk (Mr. Bond :lol:), but for the papers the story is only good,if they can twist it and make him look bad. And,of course, with a lot of envy going on, people will jump on that wagon.

BTW - I am still not convinced. WSe have seen EVERY, even the more serious papers, repeat what some little shit paper started. So - until now, we have NO reason to believe it, just because...its fine with me, but who knows.
I agree that it's the undertone of the "news" because of the reported amount and what seems to be the amount of work involved. Had he been paid $250K, no news - absolutely. In one way, I think this report does him a bit of a favor - it 'proves to the masses' that he is a solid A-lister, big-money movie star/celebrity. As for paying him a million dollars (true or not), he's not to blame; Land Rover is paying him. It's a public company. Are the shareholders upset? Hard to imagine because having DC/James Bond attached to your ruggedly elegant car company is a REALLY good thing. I also don't think his image is suffering these days. He's no Hugh Jackman, yet he's immensely popular. I believe people are liking him for the way he tries to stay out of the limelight; it's refreshing (but frustrating for us :lol: ). Also, regarding the $1M, he didn't earn that for 7 minutes or two days worth of work. He has spent a lifetime of perfecting his craft and making the right choices to earn that paycheck. Good for him.

Regarding jealousy, that's a given with our without this bit. I doubt there are many men who wouldn't like to be in his shoes. And Clooney is the first to admit that they are an overpaid bunch. But that's just how it is and always will be for those who 'make it' in that business.

User avatar
bumblebee
Posts: 15193
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:01 pm
Location: British in USA

Post by bumblebee » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:25 pm

I watched Inside the Actor's Studio with Clooney last year - he wasn't ashamed of the ads he does for the Asian market - much like DC, doing the commercial stuff gives him the budget to go do the movies he wants, not what Hollywood wants.

If you ever get the chance to see it, he's a captivating interview subject.

User avatar
sf2la
Posts: 14520
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:15 pm
Location: CA

Post by sf2la » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:34 pm

bumblebee wrote:I watched Inside the Actor's Studio with Clooney last year - he wasn't ashamed of the ads he does for the Asian market - much like DC, doing the commercial stuff gives him the budget to go do the movies he wants, not what Hollywood wants.

If you ever get the chance to see it, he's a captivating interview subject.
I've really done a 180 about Clooney this past year. He doesn't 'do' it for me, but he keeps himself up, and I think I'm convinced that people who know him love him. He's supposedly very funny, kind, and generous. He just doesn't want to get married! LOL.

As a producer, I can see why one might feel you can always use more money. For like you said, you throw some of it back into your next project. Makes sense.

Post Reply