Othello; Fall : 2016

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

No stagedoors for Othello! I´m so shy.... :oops: :twisted: :twisted:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

I have a ticket for three different dates, but I also have a travel work schedule that takes precedence, unfortunately, so I have no idea how many of the shows I can see, if any. Of course I'll try to travel around the dates, but it's out of my control. I wish i had time to read the play first....Not much worse than watching Shakespeare and wondering what's going on.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

sf2la wrote:I have a ticket for three different dates, but I also have a travel work schedule that takes precedence, unfortunately, so I have no idea how many of the shows I can see, if any. Of course I'll try to travel around the dates, but it's out of my control. I wish i had time to read the play first....Not much worse than watching Shakespeare and wondering what's going on.
Me too. I'm not a Shakespeare fan but will try to follow along.
Hope we can meet up for one of the dates.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

If I would go, I couldn't careless about Shakespeare. Just seeing and hearing him say his lines woud be enough for me. :twisted:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

sf2la wrote:I have a ticket for three different dates, but I also have a travel work schedule that takes precedence, unfortunately, so I have no idea how many of the shows I can see, if any. Of course I'll try to travel around the dates, but it's out of my control. I wish i had time to read the play first....Not much worse than watching Shakespeare and wondering what's going on.
If you've not got time to read the play. The film version of 'Othello' with Kenneth Branagh and Laurence Fishburne is a good watch.

It should at least fill you in on the basic plot elements.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Red-Snow wrote:
If you've not got time to read the play. The film version of 'Othello' with Kenneth Branagh and Laurence Fishburne is a good watch.

I read it years ago. Iago is one nasty character. Something for DC to sink his teeth into. :wink:
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

WISH I could go! :o :sigh:
To see Daniel act on stage is one of my dreams/hopes for the future. My only consolation is that I am not a Shakespeare fan either....
Could he not perhaps do a play in LONDON? :? (Watch tickets vanish at the speed of light if he ever does... :wink:)

Btw, nice to see you back and posting Sf. :)
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Red-Snow wrote:

This is a good idea. Thanks. And thank you, SDK. Well wouldn't you know it, I was in on a conference call yesterday and according to the launch team leader for this new drug being approved, I will have to be in the UK on the date of my first ticket. I'm going to post an ad on Craig's List or call the theater to see about switching with someone. I'm not looking forward to the Shakespeare part but am hoping for a full showing of arms!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

We can only wish you luck, that at least, you get to see it once.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

From what I read you need to ring NYTW to return but I may be wrong. I don't think you can just tout them because you need ID to pick them up two hours before the performance.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Tickets to see Daniel Craig in Othello go on sale at noon today and will sell out instantly so get on that

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/blog/ti ... hat-100416
Corellianjedi2

Post by Corellianjedi2 »

CheekyNandos wrote:From what I read you need to ring NYTW to return but I may be wrong. I don't think you can just tout them because you need ID to pick them up two hours before the performance.
And they tend to be very vigilant about this.
Sylvia's girl

Post by Sylvia's girl »

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

This looks crazy but boy, is he ripped :shock:

To go and see that for three hours plus and listen to that voice. - wow :twisted:

Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

This is so cool.
The audience is very close to the stage. The actors practically "touch". 8)

I made the "ripped" Daniel bigger. :mrgreen:

BTW: He looks good and he likes the blond hair. He does not have to wear such an ugly beard as in "A Steady Rain".