The "Tattoo" Thread

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

chocolatecake

Post by chocolatecake »

Oh. Thanks cherly. I would love to know what that means to him.
" 'Is', 'is.' 'is' ? the idiocy of the word haunts me.
If it were abolished, human thought might begin
to make sense. I don't know what anything 'is';
I only know how it seems to me at this moment."

Robert Anton Wilson
chocolatecake

Post by chocolatecake »

Sylvia's girl wrote:Its online..if that's any good
http://www.wmagazine.com/celebrities/20 ... niel_craig

I NNEVER like pics of him with women. But Dayum :shock: that looks sexy.
" 'Is', 'is.' 'is' ? the idiocy of the word haunts me.
If it were abolished, human thought might begin
to make sense. I don't know what anything 'is';
I only know how it seems to me at this moment."

Robert Anton Wilson
Daniel_Craig

Post by Daniel_Craig »

Last edited by Daniel_Craig on Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheryl1700

Post by cheryl1700 »

chocolatecake wrote:Oh. Thanks cherly. I would love to know what that means to him.
It was discussed on another thread but i cant remember which one.
I think it means, he wants to stay right where he is right now, as he is very happy. time for timelessness. who knows :wink:
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

There was a discussion about where he gets his tattoos. Probably in London or now NY - who knows - but this is an article about David Beckham and his tattoos - he explains what each one means, and in the text is the following:

The last time David went under the needle was in February, when he had the Jesus and the three cherubs drawn into his skin.

David also posted a video on Facebook explaining why he had the tattoo and what it represented.

That tattoo was the handy work of one of LA’s biggest tattoo artists, Mark Mahoney, who has worked on a long list of famous names who include Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie and it's likely that the Harper inking was courtesy of his hand too.

Just a possibility that if he got a tattoo in LA, it could be from this guy, but who knows (and who cares, really, as there are hundreds of good tattoo artists) :dunno:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z1UQRo0m5G
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Daniel_Craig wrote:Bump up with the 'new' upper arm tattoo:

Am working on trying to make sense of this tattoo. There is a contemporary Canadian poet, not famous, Heather Grace Stewart (HGS), who seems to write about living in the moment and appreciating the things that matter like love. I ordered her book from Amazon (delivery Monday) just to see if that timelessness quote is in there, and as a bonus, I like what she says in case it's a wild goose chase.

Here is a review of the book I ordered. To me, It seems to resonate with DC's personal life changes.

REVIEW BY TOM PHILLIPS, UK POET

Arranged under three broad headings - `Pain', `Growth', `Family' - Heather Grace Stewart's Where The Butterflies Go gets at the nub of what it means to try and live in a world which appears to be passing by at an ever more astonishing speed and where what's pumped out through TV and computer screens seems startlingly at odds with both the realities of ordinary, day-to-day existence and our more humane impulses and aspirations. It is a book of illusion, disillusion and, as it were, re-illusion, an acknowledgement of loss and the discovery of fragile compensations. The great risk for poetry like this, of course, is that it can come across as rather naïve, the losses too easily overcome, the compensations too easily found. That's certainly not the case here. Thanks to an exhilarating directness and a worked-for simplicity of language, not to mention a nicely self-deprecating sense of humour on occasion, this is a book full of sharply drawn images, honest poignancy and frank admissions.
Take `Golden Dreams', with its refrain of `Durango gold, Durango gold' alluding to the Colorado gold rush and, by implication, the consumerist dream. Here, on a home-improvements shopping trip, Grace Stewart is overwhelmed by a different sort of `rush', one of harsher realities: "We choose ceramic tiles/content,/while war rages/over the ocean," she writes, with a telling nod at childhood song ("My bonny lies over the ocean", too), before admitting, with an almost brutal honesty: "We care, but still go about our lives." Only, of course, she's not letting herself off that lightly - there's homelessness, a government dedicated to preserving the status quo... By the end all that's left, it seems, are "dark clouds/across this Canadian sky".
The causes of such disillusion seem legion. There are poems here about the 1989 Montreal massacre (when fourteen women were gunned down at the Ecole Polytechnique), child-soldiers in Sierra Leone, disenfranchised women in Iraq, 9/11, beggars, poverty, domestic violence, divorcing couples, and a child mown down by a speeding driver. In the `Pain' section of the book in particular, it seems a bleak, broken and violent world where the only option appears to be to "forget about/the fragile parts/and go on surviving".
Grace Stewart, though, doesn't forget those "fragile parts" - love, empathy, hope - and refinding them occupies the remainder of the book. In many ways, this is about celebrating simple, mostly domestic pleasures - the sight of bulbs in the garden coming into flower, the "butterfly kisses" of an unborn child in the womb, that child's first steps, an embrace, "the shelter of my lover's arms", "the melting days" at the end of winter - but always with a persistent sense of their fragility and a refreshing down-to-earthness which locates these moments in the context of dirty washing, internet pop-ups, torn umbrellas and other irritations which "just won't matter/100 years from now".
In `My love picks me plums', for instance, she accepts "bushels and bushels of dark juicy fruit" from her husband on her first anniversary, only to remember to "file this moment away in my mind/for some day when, in heated argument/I wish to throw plums at him", while in `Forecast', the hope she finds "hanging in the air" after a storm is simultaneously "just within my reach;/just outside our window". Such ambiguity gives these poems their strength because ultimately these are restorative acts, finding and preserving moments of tantalising hope, sifting what really matters from what doesn't and holding on. (5/5 stars) (Tom Phillips)
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

WOW sf, I would love to get to the bottom of that Tattoo and you might have something here. Thanks for going through the effort.

I always thought, it had to do with "living in the moment"...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Germangirl wrote:WOW sf, I would love to get to the bottom of that Tattoo and you might have something here. Thanks for going through the effort.

Take a look at the quote from E.E. Cummings

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/show/428480
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

cassandra wrote:
Germangirl wrote:WOW sf, I would love to get to the bottom of that Tattoo and you might have something here. Thanks for going through the effort.

Thanks :D Since he likes Cummings, it could very well be from there.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cassandra

Post by cassandra »

Germangirl wrote:
cassandra wrote:

Thanks :D Since he likes Cummings, it could very well be from there.
There is another link to E.E. Cumming's poem here:

http://dylanissimus.wordpress.com/2010/ ... ummings-2/

in time’s a noble mercy of proportion
with generosities beyond believing
(though flesh and blood accuse him of coercion
or mind and soul convict him of deceiving)

whose ways are neither reasoned nor unreasoned,
his wisdom cancels conflict and agreement
–saharas have their centuries,ten thousand
of which are smaller than a rose’s moment

there’s time for laughing and there time for crying–
for hoping for despair for peace for longing
–a time for growing and a time for dying:
a night for silence and a day for singing

but more than all(as all your more than eyes
tell me)there is a time for timelessness
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

BINGO!!! Cassandra, that's it! Awesome!!!!!!
That one is solved.
What's with the HGS? And furthermore, the period after it?
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Okay, so I'm obsessing about his latest tattoos that I don't like, particularly this one. I don't like colored tattoos at all on men, and I don't like the placement of this one (should be higher up, maybe in his armpit.) I think we all agree that this is an E for Ella (because of his marriage), but I'm also thinking it's her design (because it's not symmetrical, therefore not professional, and it would have more meaning if she designed it) and that it is both an E and a C for Ella Craig. We know she uses Loudon under certain circumstances, but I would assume her legal name is Craig. I also think the red is because it's the love and/or blood color. It could also be a W for Weisz, but I don't believe it is.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I agree, it should be higher, but if he likes it there. Its one of these headstrong decision, he tends to make once in a while :lol: I don't think, more will follow. and if we are fair, if you don't know ab out them, you hardly notice them, even in short shirts (remember Montana) so the placement ain't THAT bad.

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Germangirl wrote:I agree, it should be higher, but if he likes it there. Its one of these headstrong decision, he tends to make once in a while :lol: I don't think, more will follow. and if we are fair, if you don't know ab out them, you hardly notice them, even in short shirts (remember Montana) so the placement ain't THAT bad.
It's on his beautiful bicep!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

sf2la wrote:
Germangirl wrote:I agree, it should be higher, but if he likes it there. Its one of these headstrong decision, he tends to make once in a while :lol: I don't think, more will follow. and if we are fair, if you don't know ab out them, you hardly notice them, even in short shirts (remember Montana) so the placement ain't THAT bad.
It's on his beautiful bicep!
Yes, true, but as long, as he keeps the biceps beautiful, I don't mind so much :wink: