'A Number' Available Online (Temporarily)

This is the place to discuss all of Mr. Craig's work on stage.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thelma wrote:Just saw it was back online at the end of 2008. I hope it will again :cry:
:shock: :shock: I was? And gone again? What a shame. Image
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Thelma

Post by Thelma »

Germangirl wrote:
Thelma wrote:Just saw it was back online at the end of 2008. I hope it will again :cry:
yes :evil:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thelma wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
BUT - if it was newly there, we should use our detective noses to maybe track it down to the source. You are so good at that - would you give it a try?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

Thelma wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Wouldn't it be great to see some of his stage work! Is it illegal to put video recordings of stage work online? Is that why it was taken off youtube? How else would it be possible to see stage productions from the past.?
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

Germangirl wrote:
Thelma wrote:Does someone still have the file?
Unfortunately no - we have tried to find it, very much so - but nothing yet :(
Did I misunderstand about this "file"? This is a file of the photo, not some video recording of the actual play performance?

But, in general, is there some repository for videos or films of play performances?
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

cornell01 wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Thelma wrote:Does someone still have the file?
Unfortunately no - we have tried to find it, very much so - but nothing yet :(
Did I misunderstand about this "file"? This is a file of the photo, not some video recording of the actual play performance?

But, in general, is there some repository for videos or films of play performances?
It's an audio recording of the play, presented by BBC Radio some time ago. I have tried, without success, to find it in the BBC archives.
Crazy!
Sazza

Post by Sazza »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I missed this!!! I have a picture in my room of him getting ready to go on stage for this and have always wanted to see it and I MISSED IT!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
"If the only thing left of you was your smile and your little finger, you'd still be more of a man than anyone I've ever known."
mermayd

Post by mermayd »

Does anyone have a copy of this they can upload? I have searched high and low on the www with no success whatsoever.

Please, please pretty please.

:D
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

mermayd wrote:I have searched high and low on the www with no success whatsoever.
Who hasn't. :roll: We will never get to see it unless one of our new members has a copy.
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
mermayd

Post by mermayd »

Anglophile wrote:
mermayd wrote:I have searched high and low on the www with no success whatsoever.
Who hasn't. :roll: We will never get to see it unless one of our new members has a copy.
*sighs*
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

I wish I had it, believe me if I did I would share with you guys :cry: But yes, video-recording a show is very, VERY, V-E-R-Y illegal. It actually wouldn't suprise me if later in the run someone tries to tape A Steady Rain. Granted it would be nice for those who can't see the show but still...bad bad bad :evil: :x
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Id LOVE to see him onstage and of course like all russians I LOVE everything illegal :wink:
So if U have smth illegally recorded but ashamed because everybody here would acuse you, please PM me, will be over the moon to see the play! :D
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

pm me too! :wink:

I really think no one on here has it :(

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Woud love to see that. If there's a piece, please pm me as well :wink:.
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

Me too, please!