Othello

This is the place to discuss all of Mr. Craig's work on stage.

Moderator: Germangirl

CheekyNandos

Othello

Post by CheekyNandos »

Hey,

Does anyone have any specific dates, times for this yet? I know we've been given the start and finish date, but, for example is Monday the "off day" and it runs six days a week? Like most theatres?

Booking my travel this week for a Christmassy holiday. Bonus if I get the tickets, but should determine which day I return a little better :).
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Nevermind. Got it. And booked everything for a nice Christmassy holiday!

If anyone wants to help us beat the general sale queue, if at all possible, much appreciated ;).
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

You mean, you fly for some holiday days and try to get tix?
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Mhm! Going to visit my friend :). Sightsee with hubby :) Will be trying for gen. sale tickets for me and friend as a bonus to cap off a wonderful Xmas.

Was just sayin' if anyone was a member and could get me past that would help as that would be in the lap of the Gods until oct 5th :D There is also only one date that I can do which is Tuesday 21st Dec. so I'm pretty limited.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Try to find Pamela Brammer under memberlist. She is the only one, if I remember correctly. Unfortinately she is not here that often. But I am sure she would help. She is a darling 😊
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Ta, GG. I'll pop her a PM.
josie

Post by josie »

I am also always on the network by maps but until now nothing found. 'M from 27.11. - 3:12. in New York. Had the hammer.
PAMELA BRAMMER

Othello

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

Hi Cheeky

Would have loved to help if I could as I did pay to be a member but as a member I was only allowed 1 member ticket and discounted tickets for the performance that I am attending - Saturday 3rd December. After that if I want any more I have to wait until 5th Oct as well when they go on general sale.

Sorry

Pam x :(
Never regret anything that makes you smile!
Red-Snow

Post by Red-Snow »

Any interesting little tidbit from Variety:

He’s [David Oyelowo] preparing to grace the stage as Othello opposite Daniel Craig for the New York Theatre Workshop. Director Sam Gold (the Tony-winning “Fun Homeâ€￾) will place Shakespeare’s play in a military setting, so the cast is putting on extra muscle to look the part.
josie

Post by josie »

Hi Jacqueline, although there are no tickets, but the time has now announced is listed in the Othello: November 22 (previews) and then the December 12 to 18 January .. I hold you continue to date.

This was written to me from New York travel where I had once asked.
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Cool, cool.

The tickets go on gen. sale on 5th October 12pm EST.

It's really touch n go if the ONLY date I can go to survives up until then but we'll see hahah.

I'll probably try for late returns while I'm there anyway. See if I get lucky some...
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

All Fingers crossed.

And extra muscle sounds good, eh?

CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Sounds like the best part LMAO.

I'm giggling as I type that. Not a huge Shakespeare fan and I haven't a dicky over what Othello is about.. and my friend still accuses me of being a big PA geek!
SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

Last night they had a TV program on called "Travel Man: 48 hours in New York". I went green with envy. :mrgreen: Still, I wish those well who get to go and combine an amazing city with Daniels play. :) One day I'll get there... I hope.
:sigh:
CheekyNandos

Post by CheekyNandos »

Well Tuesday sold out so that's my dream of going over with. On the flip though New York and seeing my friend is gonna be amazing ^_^.