New Stage Roles For Daniel?

This is the place to discuss all of Mr. Craig's work on stage.

Moderator: Germangirl

Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I was watching the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOOS NEST on tv and I thought he would be perfect in the role of McMurphy. He has played nuts twice before . He already wears caps and ratty boots jeans and leather jackets. Too bad they did a remake recently on broadway .
ChristineWhiting

Dolls House

Post by ChristineWhiting »

MariaPortugal wrote:you wicked ladies! :lol:

I'd go the first suggestion too (minus NK, I must confess). I'd also love to see him on Henrik Ibsen's A Doll House - his Torvald in confrontation with Nora (mmmm, i can actually see kate winslet pulling it off) would be amazing.

Good Health To All.

My local theatre, Quay - Sudbury Suffolk., is putting on Dolls House November. I have never treaded boards before but have small part of Maid. I agree with you this play is sooo intense and real, DC would make a great Torvald. I am loving the script and can't wait for rehersals to start. It is all DC fault, as since i have become a fan, he has made his characters soo real that i want to give it a go. I am fed up with industry so stuck up. DC lays it bear, you just get it with him. So wish us luck with our production and perhaps DC will be a Torvald one day. (God love to be the maid in that production too). Cheers Christine
ChristineWhiting

Dolls House

MariaPortugal wrote:you wicked ladies! :lol:

I'd go the first suggestion too (minus NK, I must confess). I'd also love to see him on Henrik Ibsen's A Doll House - his Torvald in confrontation with Nora (mmmm, i can actually see kate winslet pulling it off) would be amazing.

Good Health To All.

My local theatre, Quay - Sudbury Suffolk., is putting on Dolls House November. I have never treaded boards before but have small part of Maid. I agree with you this play is sooo intense and real, DC would make a great Torvald. I am loving the script and can't wait for rehersals to start. It is all DC fault, as since i have become a fan, he has made his characters soo real that i want to give it a go. I am fed up with industry so stuck up. DC lays it bear, you just get it with him. So wish us luck with our production and perhaps DC will be a Torvald one day. (God love to be the maid in that production too). Cheers Christine
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

A budding actress - so cool - welcome Christine to the abyss.
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Did I read that he was in Glenberry Glenross?Does anyone know who he played ? I got the movie and would like to see what character he played .
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Guess you'll have to watch it again laredo... :wink:
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

He is not in the movie .I heard he was in the play in England . I think he has the Alec
Baldwin part because that is the younger mans part . That play is perfect for him you get to cuss a lot .
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Bummer... I wish they had recorded all the plays he did :(
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

He was also in a play called Marat Sade that seems very interesting . I wonder what part he played . It is about the Marquise de Sade and some guy named Marat . It is a play within a play . At least with Angels In America , we know he played the the mormon who is married and has a gay love affair .
ChristineWhiting

sharmaine wrote:A budding actress - so cool - welcome Christine to the abyss.
Thx for the encouragement! I'll let you know how it goes. Told too many people now, i'll have to deliver. I don't know how you get into this world, but i thought local theatre would be a good start.

Luv Christine
ChristineWhiting

Anglophile wrote:Bummer... I wish they had recorded all the plays he did :(
Me too. He just always picks a gr8 story, they pushes the boundaries for the average viewer. I would like to just read though previous plays he has been in , because i know there would be depth to them. How does he do it, just read loads, or just get a feel for the right thing. He seems to do what he likes and sod what anyone else thinks. If you ask me that is a brilliant attitude to life, work and leisure. Going to take a leaf out of DC's book and go for a bit bloody more in life.

Luv Christine
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I read that they recorded" The Rover" for the BBC . He did it through the Womens Playhouse Trust . It would be nice if someoe could dig something up on it . You would think some of the places he did plays at would have websites that might have pics of him on it.
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

I was watching the film version otf THE ELEPHANT MAN and thought that would be a good one for Dan .Too bad Billy Cruddup did it on Broadway in 2002.. I remember watching Philip Anglim do it on tv in the 80s . I think David Bowie did his broadway version on tv too though I can't find it on the net .I remember watching it in the 80s also . They do the play without makeup it was very interesting to watch all versions .
ChristineWhiting

I still think Doll's House could be Daniel's new stage production. When all the films are finished and he wants to do something refreshing, this is the play for him. It is political, strong, emotional and damn good writing.

My production of this play starts on Tuesday 13th Nov, and i can't wait. I have been so inspired by Daniel on so may levels, but this really has pushed my comfort zone. First time treading the boards, small part, the maid, but bloody hell i'm going for it. I have enjoyed the whole experience and can't wait for opening night.

Thank you Daniel for opening my eyes to a new area of my life and unknowingly inspiring me to go for the audition.

Wish us all luck for 13th.

Christine
Guinness

Post by Guinness »