News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Lu

Post by Lu »

OH MY GOSH!! :shock: :shock: :shock: This poor girl is really hated. All the tabloids here even published that photo where someone painted "slut" or something on her house.

I know it is not my business to judge what she does, but where is the outrage aimed at Getty? Maybe he is just not as famous as her. But it seems like Sienna is getting all the flack for this situation.
My books!

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Lu wrote:OH MY GOSH!! :shock: :shock: :shock: This poor girl is really hated. All the tabloids here even published that photo where someone painted "slut" or something on her house.

I know it is not my business to judge what she does, but where is the outrage aimed at Getty? Maybe he is just not as famous as her. But it seems like Sienna is getting all the flack for this situation.
Seems, we are still in the old age, when the man is only doing a "Kavaliersdelikt"/ "Pecadillo" (Strange translation :shock: ). What she did is wrong, of course, but to do it, there have to be two.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

JoniJoni

Post by JoniJoni »

Lu wrote:OH MY GOSH!! :shock: :shock: :shock: This poor girl is really hated. All the tabloids here even published that photo where someone painted "slut" or something on her house.

I think a lot of people would like to paint "slut" on his house too, but it seems his wife and four children (including the baby she's still breast feeding) are still living there.
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

Poor Sienna. Sometimes I think she's just playing with the media....getting as much attention as she can get whether it's bad or good. Why? insecurity? or simply oblivious to public opinion?

It's almost as if she doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks - she's going to live her life the way she wants. The unfortunate thing is that because of her celebrity her private life is public fodder.....especially when it becomes so blatantly "unprivate".

This is the part of celebrity that Daniel probably despises the most. That every bit of his private life gets picked apart by the public at large and probably why he protects his privacy like a pit bull. Oh, but how I love that pit bull! :twisted:

Thank goodness he's with Sats and gave up his stint with Sienna (if there even was one) - Like Jude Law (Alfie) said in the film about the girlfriend (Sienna) - art imitating life imitating art:

Alfie: In every doomed relationship, there comes what I like to call "The uh-oh moment". When a certain little something happens, and you know you've just witnessed the beginning of the end. And suddenly you stop and you think, "Uh-oh, iceberg ahead".

ImageImage

Liverpool Rules

Post by Liverpool Rules »

Sorry I forgot to post the link to Sienna's Forum. Here it is, under Main Index. I even wondered, what does it take to run a websiite??? Hummmm, too much work, plus to rule out the negetivity would be a full time job.
http://www.sienna-miller.org/

We are not all looked at the same. Men will always get a pass on this type of behaviour. Other double standards are applied on other people also.

I don't see too many women wanting to emulate her etc..... with her reputation so wreckless. Even Angelina Jolie managed to clean her reputation up some. She is doing better than she was a few years ago, even if it was on the heels of a divorce, at least 4 little children weren't involved.

That Getty guy is of the Getty oil family. He's some type of actor also. Famous, but with deep pockets to shut up people.
Paul Balthazar Getty (born January 22, 1975) is an American film actor and member of the band Ringside. His great grandfather was billionaire Jean Paul Getty, grandfather Sir Paul Getty and his father was kidnapee John Paul Getty III. His family's fortune is based on the oil business. :twisted:
"I'm going to want to have sex right until the very end, thank you very much" - Daniel Craig
Liverpool Rules

Akshay Kumar raw: 'You can unbutton with your wife physically and emotionally'
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 (EST)

Akshay Kumar scorched the ramp with a bevy of beauties for 'Levis 501 Unbuttoned' on Tuesday noon, August 26, at the Taj Lands End, in Bandra, Mumbai, and he surprised us even more with some raw and earthy humor at the press event.

http://news.sawf.org/Bollywood/52748.aspx
"I'm going to want to have sex right until the very end, thank you very much" - Daniel Craig
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dan presenting Sam Taylor-Woods with the GQ Award of the year - via video (sorry no vid, just the text :sad:) I wonder that he didn´t win anything himself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... stage.html

Where is he? Maybe here. Passed to me from a friend. Sounds a little weird, as I think, those people on a yacht know that by themselves, but...

Hi,

I heard that Dan was in Marina del ray in Ca recently??? He pulled alongside a luxury yacht that ran aground and told them to sit tight they would soon sail way with the high tide.
He was in a small speedboat.

This was passed onto me by a pal from the US. S

After all the title bashing, TIME magazine had a nice little blurb on QUANTUM OF SOLACE that said something interesting about it:

"Its title suggests a brooding Bergman drama..."
And I agree. I think they nailed precisely why I like the title so much... it's an unusually elegant title for what is, essentially, an action franchise.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Coca-Cola Zero is to rebrand to “Zero Zero 7” as part of a wider marketing campaign to promote new James Bond movie “Quantum of Solace”.

The multi-million pound deal is part of a broader global partnership and is the first major collaboration for the Coca-Cola Zero brand on an international stage since its launch in 2006.

Coke Zero will be supporting the film release with a through-the-line advertising campaign alongside promotional and on-pack marketing initiatives across a number of global markets. The limited edition bottles will roll out in UK department store Harrods next month.

Global activity, created by Wieden & Kennedy, will include through-the-line advertising alongside promotional and on-pack marketing.

Bobby Brittain, brand director at Coca-Cola Great Britain, says: “We’re delighted to be involved in this exciting project.

“The new edgier Bond persona is the ultimate embodiment of the Coke Zero brand personality, and is expected to deepen the brand’s engagement with its core target audience of 20 something men.”

Coke Zero, often dubbed “Bloke Coke”, launched a major marketing campaign in April which used the strapline “A Taste Of Life As It Should Be”. It also works with Manchester United footballer Wayne Rooney on the “Street Striker” competition to find the nation's best street footballers, which features on Sky One.

Sony To Launch Massive Bond Campaign

http://www.sonyinsider.com/2008/09/01/s ... -campaign/

Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Pinewood Studios to go ahead with expansion plans

Pinewood Studios, the UK’s largest movie-production facility, is to go ahead with its controversial expansion plan. The idea is to build a number of back-lot permanent sets, including a castle, Venice canal, an Italian lakeside, plus typical city streets from New York, Los Angeles, Paris and London – plus 2000 homes - reports RapidTV.

Indeed, it is the 2000 homes that are causing the main challenges for “Project Pinewood”, which nearby residents of the Iver, Buckinghamshire (west of London) site see as being the real reason for the scheme. Pinewood, which made more than $7m/£3.8m (£2.9m last year) in pre-tax profits in the first half of this year helped by the latest James Bond movie Quantum of Solace and Universal’s The Wolfman, as well as hosting TV productions such as Little Dorrit, The Weakest Link and Dragon’s Den. Movie productions generated £13m (up 20%) in revenues, while TV facilities brought in £5.8m, up £1m on the same period last year. Total revenues were £21.7m for the six months to the end of June.

Project Pinewood’s expansion plan has been described by Ivan Dunleavy, CEO of Pinewood Shepperton, as being part of a “integrated living community” bringing together homes for the creative industries working at the facility. However, he also says “the project will be open to everyone”, and it is this aspect that has local residents and planning authorities concerned.

A statement said: “The Board expects that following public consultation, a planning application will be made during the fourth quarter of 2008. Development of the scheme will be commenced in collaboration with appropriate partners once planning consent is granted. Total costs incurred to 30 June 2008 were £1.3m, and it is anticipated that a total of £3.0m will be incurred progressing the application to submission by the year end.”

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=6685
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Liverpool Rules

Germangirl wrote:

I need to buy a new telly anyway, so I'll see what Sony is rolling out.
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Liverpool Rules wrote:
Germangirl wrote:

I was told yesterday by a friend in Singapore, that there are Bond posters all over the place. :D
Crazy!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:
Liverpool Rules wrote:
Germangirl wrote:

I was told yesterday by a friend in Singapore, that there are Bond posters all over the place. :D
The machine starts rolling :D

advicky

Post by advicky »

Germangirl wrote:Dan presenting Sam Taylor-Woods with the GQ Award of the year - via video (sorry no vid, just the text :sad:) I wonder that he didn´t win anything himself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... stage.html

Where is he? Maybe here. Passed to me from a friend. Sounds a little weird, as I think, those people on a yacht know that by themselves, but...

Hi,

I heard that Dan was in Marina del ray in Ca recently??? He pulled alongside a luxury yacht that ran aground and told them to sit tight they would soon sail way with the high tide.

I want to see this video!
He was in a small speedboat.

This was passed onto me by a pal from the US. S

After all the title bashing, TIME magazine had a nice little blurb on QUANTUM OF SOLACE that said something interesting about it:

"Its title suggests a brooding Bergman drama..."
And I agree. I think they nailed precisely why I like the title so much... it's an unusually elegant title for what is, essentially, an action franchise.
Anna

Post by Anna »

There was a blurb on pagesix.com saying Daniel was sighted today in a New York restaurant with the Barbara Broccolii.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09032008/go ... 127257.htm
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Anna wrote:There was a blurb on pagesix.com saying Daniel was sighted today in a New York restaurant with the Barbara Broccolii.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09032008/go ... 127257.htm
So that would explain why he couldn't be at the GQ awards. Nice scooping Anna.!