News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Liverpool Rules

Post by Liverpool Rules »

Germangirl wrote:
Elaine_Figgis wrote:
Liverpool Rules wrote: I need to buy a new telly anyway, so I'll see what Sony is rolling out.
I was told yesterday by a friend in Singapore, that there are Bond posters all over the place. :D
The machine starts rolling :D
Countdown!! I'm almost in my skinny pants. What 60 days to go.

ImageImageImage
"I'm going to want to have sex right until the very end, thank you very much" - Daniel Craig
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Daniel Craig Loves Coke
Not that kind of coke. Coke Zero has brought out a limited-edition bottle to celebrate the partnership with the Quantum of Solace film which means we will see Daniel on Coke bottles.

The $9 million dollar promotion will include limited edition black bottles and of course Daniel Craig's gorgeous face on billboards.

Quantum of Solace is due out next month, will you watch the new Bond flick? As long as he's in a Speedo again, we'd watch any movie with Daniel in it.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Elaine_Figgis wrote:
Liverpool Rules wrote:
Germangirl wrote:
Sony To Launch Massive Bond Campaign

http://www.sonyinsider.com/2008/09/01/s ... -campaign/
I need to buy a new telly anyway, so I'll see what Sony is rolling out.
I was told yesterday by a friend in Singapore, that there are Bond posters all over the place. :D
There are some posters in our cinemas but not that many (Maybe they'll heat up in the fututre... Time wil pass by quickly now. ) although a large teaser 1 was hanging above the entrance of 1 of the most popular cinemas the whole summer. Last week I was surprised to see CR playing on 1 of the large monitors in some TV shop!
BumbleBee84

Post by BumbleBee84 »

Germangirl wrote:Daniel Craig Loves Coke
Not that kind of coke. Coke Zero has brought out a limited-edition bottle to celebrate the partnership with the Quantum of Solace film which means we will see Daniel on Coke bottles.

The $9 million dollar promotion will include limited edition black bottles and of course Daniel Craig's gorgeous face on billboards.

Quantum of Solace is due out next month, will you watch the new Bond flick? As long as he's in a Speedo again, we'd watch any movie with Daniel in it.
And I read on http://www.chart-king.de/include.php?pa ... ntid=41984 that this campagne will be launched only in Great Britain :(
But hey we have INTERNET :D :D :D
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I wonder, if he just had to do it or if it is his free willl - I mean, can you imagine Daniel liking to have his face on big billboards? :shock: I can´t.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote:I wonder, if he just had to do it or if it is his free willl - I mean, can you imagine Daniel liking to have his face on big billboards? :shock: I can´t.
Business is business and he has known what a massive thing this whole JB-franchise was when he signed the contract.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Dunda wrote:
Germangirl wrote:I wonder, if he just had to do it or if it is his free willl - I mean, can you imagine Daniel liking to have his face on big billboards? :shock: I can´t.
Business is business and he has known what a massive thing this whole JB-franchise was when he signed the contract.
And after the success of CR, Barbara and Sony (it is Sony, right?) are going to make sure they get all the brand endorsements they can get their hands on. Though Coke does seem an odd one. I would have gone with a vodka contract :lol: :lol:
sundance

Post by sundance »

The October 'Empire' issue is available to buy,now!!!
I got my copy today from my local 'Sainsbury's'
louise

Post by louise »

sundance I got my copy from my local Tesco! supermarket wars eh :)

sigl

Post by sigl »

I'm arriving in London on Sunday, so I'll actually be able to get one! I land at Heathrow and then go to Manchester on my way to a 7 day walking trip in the Lake District. I've checked on the weather channel and it looks like the sun hasn't been shining there (or in London) for most of the summer!! Ah well, whatever happens, it will be an adventure!
sigl

"For the ones who had a notion
A notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!"

Bruce Springsteen, "Badlands"
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

Anna wrote:There was a blurb on pagesix.com saying Daniel was sighted today in a New York restaurant with the Barbara Broccolii.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09032008/go ... 127257.htm
Yes, nice scoop, Anna! He was buying champagne in London a couple of weeks ago. Now he's back in the U.S. Sure is doing a lot of flying, for a person who was "seen nursing pre-flight jitters with gf Heike Makatsch" as reported several years ago. Actually many years ago.
Ang

Post by Ang »

bumblebee wrote:And after the success of CR, Barbara and Sony (it is Sony, right?) are going to make sure they get all the brand endorsements they can get their hands on. Though Coke does seem an odd one. I would have gone with a vodka contract :lol: :lol:
heheh yeah but they're very keen to push Bond as a 'family' brand, hence no alchohol and it's ideal for Coke because the brand is essentially aimed at men who want to lose weigh/be fit (it's diet coke for men) and if Daniel's fit body is attached to Coke Zero in their minds it'll sell as a result.

I like the bottle, although I don't like diet coke
advicky

Post by advicky »

cornell01 wrote:
Anna wrote:There was a blurb on pagesix.com saying Daniel was sighted today in a New York restaurant with the Barbara Broccolii.

Yes, nice scoop, Anna! He was buying champagne in London a couple of weeks ago. Now he's back in the U.S. Sure is doing a lot of flying, for a person who was "seen nursing pre-flight jitters with gf Heike Makatsch" as reported several years ago. Actually many years ago.
Perhaps he has photoshootings. I think he will be on the cover of EW.
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

ad78472 wrote:
cornell01 wrote:

So close, yet so far!
Crazy!
Liverpool Rules

Post by Liverpool Rules »

ad78472 wrote:
cornell01 wrote:

Daniel in New York City. Good for them. Some photos should start circulating. They will want or need to start the promo machine.
"I'm going to want to have sex right until the very end, thank you very much" - Daniel Craig