Golden Compass Photocall in Cannes

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Deb

Post by Deb »

The Cannes pics are the best I've seen in ages. He looks so relaxed and happy and I LURVE the facial hair! Wouldn't mind getting some stubble rash from that... :lol: :lol:
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Hannah ,
What is a mavi goz ?

I also love the beard ;p
It is so nice to see him smile , he seems to be more relaxed than usual .
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

mavi göz = blue eye (in Turkish)
juni

Post by juni »

I want his necklace... it would always remind me of his beatiful steel-blue eyes... I'm gonna keep my eyes open, maybe I'll find a similar one somewhere... :D
"Every penny of it!"
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Hey I found pictures of the press conference on WireImage! They should appear in the gallery soon \:D/
Damn I should be working, but it's too exciting watching all those pics come in everywhere :P
The more joy we have, the more nearly perfect we are. ~Spinoza~
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

juni wrote:I want his necklace... it would always remind me of his beatiful steel-blue eyes... I'm gonna keep my eyes open, maybe I'll find a similar one somewhere... :D
I have got some :D always liked them...but now I LOVE them :wink:
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

Anglophile wrote:Hey I found pictures of the press conference on WireImage! They should appear in the gallery soon \:D/
Damn I should be working, but it's too exciting watching all those pics come in everywhere :P
Why won't wireimage show the picture bigger than a thumbnail?
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

They do if you're registered. I get medium-sized pictures (for large size they charge a fee). I have uploaded them to a new album in the gallery but it's still awaiting approval. I guess Ashlee and Wendy have their hands full at the moment :P
Anglophile

Post by Anglophile »

Hannah wrote:aaah, on his necklace, it is really a mavi göz...how beautiful, love them :D
Yup you're right, it's not a yin yang like I thought. It was half covered when I first saw it but in that one pic with Eva you can see it better, and it does look bluish. I bet it's a present from Satsuki. 8)
StarryDannyFan

Post by StarryDannyFan »

Ugh, I hate beards. They are turn offs for me. I prefer my men clean shaved. Danny looks different now, I can't get used to it. I like his hair tho, thin hair - don't mind playing with it!!! LOL LOL! But before playing, I would make him shave off the beard.

StarryDannyFan xx
007cheese

Post by 007cheese »

I like the beard, although it makes him look much older...my sister caught me looking through the Cannes pictures and went "He's OLD." Which I thought both mean and untrue, but she escaped before I could tell her off properly. :twisted:

But I REALLY like the smile he has in some of the pictures. He looks really, sincerely happy. And lovely, as always.
"Who are you? Where am I? What the hell is this place?!"
vesper

Post by vesper »

Normally, I don't like men with beards either. But I think Daniel does look good plus the fact that he appears in all the glam and glitter with his greying beard.

I ihink that shows that he really IS genuine and I like him even more for this.
Vesper - Well, I do hope you gave your parents hell for that.
shopper12

Post by shopper12 »

007cheese wrote:But I REALLY like the smile he has in some of the pictures. He looks really, sincerely happy. And lovely, as always.
I thought the same - really, deeply happy, not just some stunt for the cameras.
Unless he's just a really, really good actor (which we knoe laready, but you know what I'm saying).

Vesper, I agree with you too - it just shows that he doesn't conform to the preened to perfection hollywood ideal; he's just an actor enjoying his job.
Lynda

Post by Lynda »

He probably has the beard for an ongoing movie role and can't shave it off until the film is properly completed.
"He's blond ... he's Bond ... he's actually quite good!"
shopper12

Post by shopper12 »

Lynda wrote:He probably has the beard for an ongoing movie role and can't shave it off until the film is properly completed.
That is true, but in a lot of older promotion photos he always seems to have at least a little stubble. I think he likes it that way but had to be clean shaven for Bond.