News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Thelma

Post by Thelma »

Aragorn wrote:
livetwice wrote:After reading the article on paparazzis on the road, I just remembered the tragic death of Lady Di... sorry I can't help but think of it :?
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. The results of a thing like this can be fatal...
paparazzis always works like that, chasing peoples in their cars. It must be really scary.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Aragorn wrote:
livetwice wrote:After reading the article on paparazzis on the road, I just remembered the tragic death of Lady Di... sorry I can't help but think of it :?
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. The results of a thing like this can be fatal...
There have been incidents like this in Panama also. I remember Michael Wilson talking about them being literally forced off the road at a point.. :(
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Guinness

Post by Guinness »

calypso wrote:i agree yes?
he wear clothes not clothes wear him
he make them work out on him :lol:

all his clothes look like they say 'thank you" for putting us on..like his jeans, they cling :twisted:
god would i die to be his beautiful looking jeans and hold the sea cucumber!! "Charisma of Obama and style of Newman." i think i may use that. ~g
Guinness

lady di

Post by Guinness »

wasnt there something brought up in the london courts about paps staying away from celebs---they should be able to to get a restraining order-stay away like so many feet-especially in vehicles...then sue the bastards if they dont or get the restraining order. the paps should be held accountable for their actions. DC was the 1st to educate me in the entertainment business-it is a career for him-his job, not his family/friends occupation so leave that part alone. dah, but he put it so succinctly that i want the paps to be held accountable for their money grabbing actions! someone died because of their actions and nothing has been done about it? he will get too far away from us if they dont leave his private alone. ~g
advicky

Post by advicky »

Debuting at two theaters, Daniel Craig's Defiance ($121,000) was a bigger blockbuster in limited release than his Quantum of Solace was in super-wide release. The World War II drama's $60,500 per-screen average was, by far, the weekend's biggest.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b77356_ ... other.html

advicky

Post by advicky »

'Defiance' Star Daniel Craig Insists He's Not A Funny Guy
The stoic Brit prefers movies like his new war drama, which hits theaters January 16.

you think the films Daniel Craig stars in are a bit glum, you may be right. The newest James Bond admits he's really not a lighthearted, romantic-comedy kind of guy. As he recently told MTV News, he's just not a funny guy.

The actor will next be seen January 16 in "Defiance," a film about Jewish brothers in Nazi-occupied Poland who seek refuge with Russian resistance fighters, a role that suits the stoic Brit just fine.

"I'm not a funny man," he said. "That's not who I am."

"Defiance" may not have given Craig the opportunity to show the world his comedic chops (or lack thereof), but it did open his eyes and help him learn about the Nazi resistance movement of World War II.

"I knew there was some resistance," he explained. "I'd read about pockets of resistance, but never in any detail. So when this came along, I was astounded. Once I'd read the book, learning more about it and learning how successful they were, [it] was inspiring."

The film also presented the challenge of playing a character based on an actual person. And working with co-star Jeffrey Wright — who gave convincing performances as Colin Powell in "W.," Jean-Michel Basquiat in "Basquiat" and Muddy Waters in "Cadillac Records" — allowed him to learn a thing or two.

"There is a respect, but at a certain stage, you have to relax about it and just say, 'This is my interpretation,' " he said. "You make judgments and you make assessments. And when you go to shoot it, you just say, 'This is me.' Jeffrey's particularly good at it, though."

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles ... tory.jhtml

Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Nice read, thanks advicky.
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
advicky

Post by advicky »

Mariah's Million Dollar Performance

Mariah Carey probably had the best New Years out of any other celebrity we know. Not only was she vacationing in St. Barts with hubby Nick Cannon and close friends, she also got paid $1 million to sing just four songs at a New Year's Eve party.

Libyan dictator Colonal Gaddafi's son Saif paid the lump sum for Mimi to perform at Nikki Beach Club on the Caribbean island of St Barts, reports AskMen.com.

Other performers included Jay Z and Timbaland, who performed together on stage. Joining Jay-Z on vacation was wifey Beyonce.

Guests at the star-studded event include James Bond star Daniel Craig, who was with his fiancée Satsuki Mitchell, and actor Eddie Murphy.

A source said: "They all had a great time."

Seems like anyone whose anyone was in St. Barts for New Years Eve. Lily Allen was also spotted at the luxurious vacation spot with her new (and much older) millionaire boyfriend Jay Jopling. Ah the life of a celebrity!

http://music.hollyscoop.com/mariah-care ... _1387.aspx

Ang

Post by Ang »

Lily Allen is going out with Sam Taylor Wood's ex? haven't seen him but he's got to be in his forties :shock: Isn't she about 22 or something? Yikes that's some gap, mid life crisis anyone?
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

That could have been sticky if he ran into Dan since he is pals with Sam .
Thelma

Post by Thelma »

Forget the part about Thor.

Craig to play Thor?

Daniel Craig is set to land yet another big movie with the lead role in ‘Thor’, a film adaptation of the famous Marvel comic of the same name.

Craig is said to be film executives’ favourite to play the Norse God of Thunder, with a source reporting in the Daily Express: “Daniel is obviously hot property in Hollywood and it’s felt he has all the attributes required for Thor.

“A big name is needed to front the new Thor movie franchise and they don’t come much bigger than Daniel.”

The source added: “Daniel is in position to pick and choose his roles and ‘Thor’ is going to be one of the big film events of next year.

The hammer wielding character is not the only offer on the table, as Oasis frontman Noel Gallagher also wants Craig to play him in a film about the Manchester band.

Gallagher said: “I wouldn’t be averse to a film about Oasis. I would like Daniel to play me. I said to him, ‘If you can swing it for me to get the James Bond theme tune, you can play me if they do an Oasis movie.’

“Who would play my brother Liam? I would have to say either Julian Clary or, in his first major role, Jeremy Kyle.”

http://entertainment.iafrica.com/news/1424180.htm
Guinness

Post by Guinness »

The source added: “Daniel is in position to pick and choose his roles and ‘Thor’ is going to be one of the big film events of next year.

The hammer wielding character is not the only offer on the table, as Oasis frontman Noel Gallagher also wants Craig to play him in a film about the Manchester band.

Gallagher said: “I wouldn’t be averse to a film about Oasis. I would like Daniel to play me. I said to him, ‘If you can swing it for me to get the James Bond theme tune, you can play me if they do an Oasis movie.’

“Who would play my brother Liam? I would have to say either Julian Clary or, in his first major role, Jeremy Kyle.”

umm, i know little of Oasis-except DC's daughter likes them and their talent is mainstream and 2 good songs... They dont seem like DC's type-why would DC do a movie about the lead singer? why not Gallagher play DC in a movie-THAT would be much more interesting. Oasis? yikes-i can think of 50 million other groups/artists 300 times more entertaining/talented. sorry. blunt i am. aaahhh-the cure is playing my favorite song on "pandora" ~guinness
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Don't know where to put it, so I put it here

Radio-interview with Jamie Bell....

http://www.radio1movies.com/2009/01/jam ... edith.html

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
cornell01

Post by cornell01 »

And on that same webpage is the link to DC's interview on Defiance, recorded after his return from St. Bart's. The sound is really crisp, so you can hear his voice. Such a beautiful, melodious voice! I could listen to him forever.

http://www.radio1movies.com/2009/01/dan ... edith.html
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

cornell01 wrote:And on that same webpage is the link to DC's interview on Defiance, recorded after his return from St. Bart's. The sound is really crisp, so you can hear his voice. Such a beautiful, melodious voice! I could listen to him forever.

http://www.radio1movies.com/2009/01/dan ... edith.html
Me too. His voice is like music in my ears.
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”