Daniel Craig Joins Steven Spielberg's Tintin

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Lynda

Post by Lynda »

Unfortunately I'm not a Tin Tin fan!!!
"He's blond ... he's Bond ... he's actually quite good!"
joysky

Post by joysky »

Lynda wrote:Unfortunately I'm not a Tin Tin fan!!!
Lynda,maybe you will be a Tintin fan after you have watch this Tintin film. :wink:
☆★☆★☆★Daniel Craig☆★☆★☆★
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

I hope this isn't another "Hook".
JoniJoni

Post by JoniJoni »

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

That's funny, good find!
JoniJoni

Post by JoniJoni »

I love TinTin. I even have their little plastic figures and TinTin sits in my kitchen window with Snowy.

I think this will be a fun movie.
advicky

Post by advicky »

Tintin: Daniel Craig and Jamie Bell to star in new Steven Spielberg film
Steven Spielberg's new Tintin movie will star Jamie Bell as the eponymous hero and James Bond actor Daniel Craig as the villain.

Bell, best known for playing Billy Elliot, won the role of the intrepid boy reporter after a lengthy search. The part had been linked previously to Thomas Sangster, the child star of Love Actually.

The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn is one of the most eagerly awaited projects in Hollywood. Filming has already begun and the movie is due for release in 2011.

Craig will co-star as the dastardly pirate Red Rackham, while fellow British actors Andy Serkis, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Toby Jones and Mackenzie Crook will also feature in the cast, according to Variety.

Peter Jackson, director of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, will produce the Tintin movie and direct it's sequel. A third film is also planned.

The screenplay has been co-written by Steven Moffat, Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish. Moffat was forced to pull out of the project before the end after he was offered a job as lead writer on BBC series Doctor Who.

Tintin is the creation of Belgian cartoonist and writer Georges Prosper Remi, otherwise known as Hergé. More than 200 million Tintin books have been sold around the world, and generations of children have followed the adventures of the young reporter and his faithful dog, Snowy.

Spielberg's film will be made using 3-D 'motion capture' technology. The technique, in which an actor's movements are translated onto a digital model, was used for the character of Gollum in The Lord of the Rings and in Beowulf, which starred Ray Winstone and Angelina Jolie.

Announcing the project, Spileberg said: "We want Tintin's adventures to have the reality of a live action film and yet Peter and I felt that shooting them in a traditional live action format would simply not honour the distinctive look of the characters and world that Hergé created.

"The idea is that the films will look neither like cartoons nor like computer-generated animation. We're making them look photo-realistic - the fibres of their clothing, the pores of their skin and each individual hair. They look exactly like real people - but real Hergé people."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... -film.html

Thelma

Post by Thelma »

Fantastic news. It will probably look really great. I so can't wait.
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Thelma wrote:Fantastic news. It will probably look really great. I so can't wait.
Me neither
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

But I find it very strange, that it will only be released in 2011 - but maybe they make all three films in a row.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

advicky

Post by advicky »

TINTIN Has Got Its Tintin

In a casting move that makes so much sense that it’s hard to muster up much more than a “Well, yeah, of course,” it has been announced that Jamie Bell has taken over the title role in the Steven Spielberg / Peter Jackson Tintin film, filling the crucial role vacated when Thomas Sangster left the project. Bell joins the already announced cast of Andy Serkis, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost as does Daniel Craig, who is also freshly announced in the role of the villainous Red Rackham. And, honestly, while Bell is clearly the more important casting decision this looks like one plum of a role for Craig who may just prove to be the most successful actor ever when it comes to shaking off the James Bond typecasting thanks to savvy decisions like this.

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/tintin- ... ts-tintin/

Sazza

Post by Sazza »

Not sure about this, but I htink it will be good to see Daniel in something a bit different. I couldn't stop laughing at the thought of Daniel in a pirates costume though! :shock:
"If the only thing left of you was your smile and your little finger, you'd still be more of a man than anyone I've ever known."
Faustine

Post by Faustine »

Speechless!

When A friend write a mail tell me about this, I think was a joke. :roll:
We convince ourselves that we know the other person well, but do we really know anything important about anyone.

6. Say what I’m thinking
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

When I remember the story right, it will be only a very small role :wink:

I think he's doing it, because he has fun doing it. And the cast is great, I really like Simon Pegg, Jamie Bell and Toby Jones.

And I can't wait to see the DVD with the making off: Daniel in a very, very thight tricot suit with tons of sensor all over his body :twisted:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

Dunda wrote:When I remember the story right, it will be only a very small role :wink:

I think he's doing it, because he has fun doing it. And the cast is great, I really like Simon Pegg, Jamie Bell and Toby Jones.

And I can't wait to see the DVD with the making off: Daniel in a very, very thight tricot suit with tons of sensor all over his body :twisted:
We all want to be the tech to apply those sensors, daily!
Crazy!