Daniel Craig Joins Steven Spielberg's Tintin

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Dunda wrote:When I remember the story right, it will be only a very small role :wink:

I think he's doing it, because he has fun doing it. And the cast is great, I really like Simon Pegg, Jamie Bell and Toby Jones.

And I can't wait to see the DVD with the making off: Daniel in a very, very thight tricot suit with tons of sensor all over his body :twisted:
Yeah, but it doesn't matter as long as it is Daniel... :P
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
PhoenixMagicBondGirl

Post by PhoenixMagicBondGirl »

is there a picture of Daniel's character for this movie?
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

PhoenixMagicBondGirl wrote:is there a picture of Daniel's character for this movie?

When I remember it right it is the pirate in the center (but I could be wrong, many many years have passed since I read the comics :lol: )

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

PhoenixMagicBondGirl wrote:is there a picture of Daniel's character for this movie?
See the vid - a guy with long black hair and a beard - a Daniel Look -a - like :wink:

http://www.filmonair.com/2009/01/27/off ... the-house/
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Thelma

Post by Thelma »

Dunda wrote:

When I remember it right it is the pirate in the center (but I could be wrong, many many years have passed since I read the comics :lol: )

It's not this one. I posted the original character on the first page of this thread.
This one is the ancestor of Captain Haddock :)
007Mania

Post by 007Mania »

I read the comic today in a bookshop - I like TinTin (or Tim like he's called in German) and especially his dog! :mrgreen:
Oh, Mr. Bond!
Image Image

"Nur du und ich... und 400 Papageien."
joysky

Post by joysky »

This is interesting. :lol:
☆★☆★☆★Daniel Craig☆★☆★☆★
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Daniel Craig is chasing a bit of that Johnny Depp franchise magic.

After tremendous success revitalizing the 007 brand, Craig is now on payroll with Steven Spielberg, suiting up as a pirate for the legendary director's ambitious Tintin series.
Tintin ran in the late 1920's as a comic strip, following the adventures of a Belgian reporter with a serious faux-hawk. It's since been re-upped jointly by Paramount and Warner Bros. for a planned two films.
The first, under Spielberg's watch, will pit Craig with grown-up Billy Elliot star Jamie Bell in the lead, as well as Brit funnyman Simon Pegg and Infamous' Toby Jones. The sequel will be handed off to Lord of the Rings master Peter Jackson.
As cameras started rolling yesterday in Los Angeles, Craig's return to work makes winners out of everyone. Three grueling months on set can likely guarantee us another vacation.
http://www.celebuzz.com/daniel-craig-hi ... in-s81431/

Steven Spielberg has added actors Daniel Craig and Jamie Bell to the cast of The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn, which will be hitting theaters in 2011. As the Hollywood Reporter reveals, Bell will be in the lead role of the title character Tin Tin, a traveling reporter, while Craig will step into the shoes of Red Rackham, the villain in the Secret of the Unicorn.
Already in production, The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn will be a mo-cap 3D film that reunites Daniel Craig with his recent Defiance co-star Jamie Bell and will be the first of a possible trilogy, with director Peter Jackson on tap for the sequel. Penned by writers Edgar Wright, Stebe Moffat and Joe Cornish, Tin Tin also features a cast that already includes Andy Serkis, Hot Fuzz actors Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, plus actors Gad Elmaleh, Mackenzie Crook, and Toby Jones. Originally written in 1929 by Herge, the "Unicorn" centers around Captain Haddock's relative Sir Francis Haddock and his clash over treasure with a dastardly seafarer known as Red Rackham
As Hollywood Reporter reports, the original characters are intact "But new characters have been created for Spielberg's film to flesh out Tintin's world; they include a rival reporter, a bellowing editor and an American Interpol inspector." While Serkis will take on the role of both Haddock characters, Pegg and Frost will be Inspectors Thompson and Thomson, as Elmaleh takes on Ben Salaad, with Toby Jones stepping into a character named Silk.
http://www.thedeadbolt.com/news/105409/ ... n_news.php

From CBN and someone, who is in the know (hthrough a friend, who works on the film)
Cool to find a fellow Tintin fantatic! As for your question on Red Reackham's role being upgraded. Yes, the part was made bigger. In fact, the script already changed a bit from the original book, because they got rid of the Bird brothers and their butler (and future butler of Captain Haddock) Nestor. Instead, they are introducing a rival journalist, an editor and an American interpol agent. While Moulinsart is very, VERY strict in their approach to faithfulness to the original work, they're probably reminded by Herge's words when he said that when it comes to Spielberg, the man should not be told how to do his work and that he therefor had creative freedom with Tintin. It's when Herge found out that there were rumor that Spielberg was not going to direct the first Tintin film that he backed out of the first project. Spielberg panicked and scheduled a meeting with Herge in Brussels. A week before the two men were supposed to meet, Herge passed away and the project was put on hold ... for 26 years!
My source is pretty accurate and not based on rumors at all. A good friend of mine is working on the movie (he's one of the actors) and gave me the scoop this morning. Both the Belgian VRT news and an article this morning in The Hollywood Reporter pretty much confirmed what my friend had told me: the Birds Brothers were being taken out of the story, as well as Nestor. The latter seems strange to me too, especially when Nestor becomes a regular character in all other Tintin adventures.

The rumor about both books (Secret of the Unicorn and Red Rackham's Treasure) being shot as one movie still stands. Who will be playing Calculus is still unclear. However, three other big names have been cast, so it could be one of them. I know who those three actors are but promised my friend to keep my mouth shut. Lets just say that when it will be made official, many Bond-fans, including me, will be VERY happy!

As for the Rackham character, like I said before, they expanded the character. According to my source, the script is still very close to the book(s), but they had to do some alterations to make it more cinematic.
My friend didn't really tell me which characters they would be playing, but I would say that Craig is still the bigger name in the whole project. But one of those three actors was pretty much an A-lister back in the days, and that's the one who's Bond related!
But the more I think about it, the more it makes sense that Craig can't be the main villain. His character, Red Rackham, who appears in a story told by captain Haddock, is a pirate in 1698. Even if they expand that portion of the story, he can't be Tintin's mean villain, considering Tintin isn't around when he is! Unless what was mentioned by some one here before is true: Craig playing a double role, that of the infamous pirate and that of his descendant (although the latter is not in the books, but then again, neither are Tintin's editor, Tintin's rival and the American interpol agent!).
http://debrief.commanderbond.net/index. ... 0&start=30
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Hannah

Post by Hannah »

JoniJoni wrote:I love TinTin. I even have their little plastic figures and TinTin sits in my kitchen window with Snowy.

Snowy is the English name for Milou, right?
Thelma

Post by Thelma »

Thanks for the new infos GG. Seems interesting.
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Germangirl wrote:[The first, under Spielberg's watch, will pit Craig with grown-up Billy Elliot star Jamie Bell in the lead, as well as Brit funnyman Simon Pegg and Infamous' Toby Jones. The sequel will be handed off to Lord of the Rings master Peter Jackson.

Thanks for the very interesting info. Spielberg and Jackson is guarantee to become a hit.
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Thelma

Post by Thelma »

Aragorn wrote:
Germangirl wrote:[The first, under Spielberg's watch, will pit Craig with grown-up Billy Elliot star Jamie Bell in the lead, as well as Brit funnyman Simon Pegg and Infamous' Toby Jones. The sequel will be handed off to Lord of the Rings master Peter Jackson.

Thanks for the very interesting info. Spielberg and Jackson is guarantee to become a hit.
And a great movie. I totally trust them, especially Spielberg who is my favorite director.
JoniJoni

Post by JoniJoni »

Hannah wrote:
JoniJoni wrote:I love TinTin. I even have their little plastic figures and TinTin sits in my kitchen window with Snowy.

I think so. It's what the dog is called for English cartoons. TinTin used to show on the tv cartoon channel. I don't know if they still play.

I wonder what the dog will be called in the movie. Milou or Snowy?
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

JoniJoni wrote:
Hannah wrote:

I think so. It's what the dog is called for English cartoons. TinTin used to show on the tv cartoon channel. I don't know if they still play.

Maybe "Struppie" :lol: :lol: :lol:

In Germany the comics are called "Tim und Struppi".
It's a bit strange, I just realized that in the original version you can't say whether Tintin is the first name or the surname.
In Germany it is definitively his firstname.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
JoniJoni

Post by JoniJoni »

Dunda wrote:
JoniJoni wrote:
Hannah wrote:

Maybe "Struppie" :lol: :lol: :lol:

In Germany the comics are called "Tim und Struppi".
It's a bit strange, I just realized that in the original version you can't say whether Tintin is the first name or the surname.
In Germany it is definitively his firstname.

The original comics have Struppi/Snowy/Milou drunk on liquor and funny scenes. Also black face people with big lips and other controversy.

Don't think we will be seeing any of this. Kind of sad, that it has to be censored these day. Everyone is always so quick to be offended.

Dunda, he's just Tim I guess. 8)