FIRST LIGHT MOVIE AWARDS

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

PAMELA BRAMMER

FIRST LIGHT MOVIE AWARDS

Post by PAMELA BRAMMER »

Hi everyone

Most people know by now that Dan didnt show up yesterday for the award ceremony but I hope you dont mind if I share my day with you anyway.
It started really early (5.00am) as I was getting the 6.30am train to London and it takes about 2 to 3 hours to get there. I arrived in London at 9.00am and wondered over to Leicester Sq. I didnt expect anyone to be there at that time since it was just a small ceremony so since it was such a beautiful morning I walked through the square on to Picadilly Circus and then through to Trafalgar Square where I stopped for breakfast. I arrived back in Leicester Square about 10.00am and sat in the sun in the gardens for about an hour where I could keep an eye on the Odeon. About 11.00 I spotted one or two people I recognised from various premieres so I wondered over to them. It was lovely to stand in the sun after the bitterly cold temperatures of the Defiance and QofS premieres!! About 12 noon we spotted Jason Isaacs walking towards the Odeon talking on his mobile. He stopped to sign autographs and photos and then went in. Then Sienna Miller arrived also just walking through the square towards the Odeon. She was beseiged by fans wanting autographs and photos and was very sweet and obliged everyone. (she is really pretty and is really tiny in real life). No one seemed to have their security or PR people with them. A few celebs then started to roll up in cars stopping outside including Dakota Blue Richards who has certainly grown up since TGC premiere!! and a few minor TV celebs in the UK.
Michael Sheen turned up and just walked in and so did Barbara Brocoli and Michael G. Wilson. No-one recognised Barbara as she just walked in with her big sunnies on!!
I forgot to mention that there was no police presence and no barriers and we (about 15 of us) were literally just stood right outside the Odeon cinema doors so if Dan had been there it would have been perfect to meet him up close and personal. However this time that was not meant to be :(
Danny Boyle turned up about 5 minutes after the ceremony was supposed to have started and just sneaked in and said that if we waited until after the ceremony was over he would sign autographs afterwards.
The cermony lasted about 1 and a half hours during which time I sat in the sun in the gardens and ate an ice-cream!! :D

At 3.30 the ceremony finished and everyone tropped out of the cinema including all the nominees and winners holding their awards. As promised Danny Boyle came out and stopped for about 10 minutes posing for photos and signing autographs as did Michael Sheen and Barbara Brocoli. All are really nice and unassuming. Sienna Miller left the ceremony early and it was a real insight as to that kind of life. The paps outside were literally running after her and jumping all over her to get photos as she walked across the square to the Hampshire Hotel. I can only imagine that it is quite frightening to have to put up with that kind of attention and it makes me glad that I dont have to put up with that everytime I stepped out of the door!
After that it was mentioned that there was another award ceremony going on at the Grosvenor House Hotel on Park Lane so as I was around until 9.00pm I decided to go over there to see who turned up. It was the Royal Teleivision Society awards so it was more TV people who turned up.
For those posters in the UK I shall mention a few names but anyone outside the UK probably wont known them. Robson Green, Tess Daley, Vernon Kay, Patsy Palmer, Tamsin Outhwaite, Philip Schofield and Ben Wishaw (who many might know as he was in a couple of DC films).

I had a really good day despite the fact that Dan didnt show. I have been to a couple of award ceremonies where he hasnt turned up and as disappointing as it is, you have to just take the day as it comes and enjoy it.

I arrived home at 12.20am this morning so it was a really long day. I hope I havent rambled on too much and you have enjoyed an insight to my day.

Pam x :D
Never regret anything that makes you smile!
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Oh THANKS! :!:
I would love to visit London 1 day, but unfortunately it won't be the case in near future :cry:
You're so glad to just walk aroung there. Not to mention seeing people like Danny Boyle and Ben Wishaw and of course Babs!
Very happy for you!
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Thx, Pam for sharing:D - yeah, good you enjoyed yourself and it wasn´t a waste of time. Would have loved to see Barbara, as I really like her and would have questioned her about the release date of next Bond film :wink:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Thanks Pam for sharing.
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

thanks for sharing your experiences! despite Dan not showing up, it sounds like you had a lovely day!
I'm very happy that Ben Whishaw won an award! (some of you might know that I admire him)
louise

Post by louise »

Thanks Pamela
wonderful to hear of your expeience, means a lot to me, just wish I could have joined you perhaps another time. :)
plaka

Post by plaka »

Pamela lovely read thanks for sharing with us. :D
Thelma

Post by Thelma »

Thank you Pamela for sharing your day :D
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

Pamela.....our regular member by the carpet...play by play.
Thanks for sharing your day with us. I certainly know how it feels to wait for him and not see him.....sorry that it didn't happen this time - although you've had some really great moments prior. If I lived that close to London, I would probably do the same - just for the sake of going to London in general....it was a blast. Once again - big thanks - better luck next time. :wink:

SmittenDramaKitten

Post by SmittenDramaKitten »

OOPS! :oops: There but for the grace of God go I... :roll: Some may or may not know that I tried to book time off work to attend this event but was gutted when it was denied. Who knew that Daniel wouldn't have been there after all?!?! :roll: :shock: :?

I'm glad you had a good day Pam. London is a great place to be especially when the sun is shining. I look forward to the day when Daniel returns to Leicester Square and, with any luck, so shall we! :D
livetwice

Post by livetwice »

thanks Pamela for sharing your day with us... it's like we're physically in London with you during the event..Even if DC wasn't here, you're lucky to meet some celebs in a very good condition, I'm glad for you.. :)
You only live twice or so it seems..
One life for yourself and one for your dreams...And one day I realize that I was addicted to Daniel Craig's blue eyes.