Craig & McQueen

The latest and oldest photos and videos of Daniel Craig. Don't be shy about contributing!

Moderator: Germangirl

Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Germangirl wrote:I am not even sure, if I even would want him to do that film.
I'm not sure about that, too. Daniel is no A-lister in US (maybe they would slaughter him due to his non american accent :lol: ) but IMO the US market is the only market this movie would do well.

I can only speak for Germany, but sadly Steve MCQueen isn't much known here. So I suppose not many people here are intersted in a biopic about him.
Those people who remember him are not the one who go to cinema and I'm pretty sure most of the people between 15 and 30 don't even know his name. His movies are rarely shown on TV, so he's not very known here to the average movie-viewer.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Dunda wrote:
Germangirl wrote:I am not even sure, if I even would want him to do that film.
I'm not sure about that, too. Daniel is no A-lister in US (maybe they would slaughter him due to his non american accent :lol: ) but IMO the US market is the only market this movie would do well.

I can only speak for Germany, but sadly Steve MCQueen isn't much known here. So I suppose not many people here are intersted in a biopic about him.
Those people who remember him are not the one who go to cinema and I'm pretty sure most of the people between 15 and 30 don't even know his name. His movies are rarely shown on TV, so he's not very known here to the average movie-viewer.
It would be a risk for him but we know he likes risks.So if he wants to he will do it.I mean not many people have known Dan before and now it changed.So maybe he could make more people know Steve McQueen.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Look at Brad Pitt nowadays and there is not one bit of a McQueen in him - his face is too soft for example, too much of a now old boy than a man for me here.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote: I'm not sure about that, too. Daniel is no A-lister in US (maybe they would slaughter him due to his non american accent :lol: ) but IMO the US market is the only market this movie would do well.
Not sure about yes or no A-lister. I think he is in the US too by now, but yes, the accent wouldn´t work in his favour and McQueen is an american Icon, that probably wouldn´t sell well abroad - right. But then - giving the film much of a Woohoo and people might go see it just for the heck of it and not out of interst for Steve.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Faustine

Post by Faustine »

Germangirl wrote:Look at Brad Pitt nowadays and there is not one bit of a McQueen in him - his face is too soft for example, too much of a now old boy than a man for me here.
I agree with you, as always Brad is too many beautiful :?
We convince ourselves that we know the other person well, but do we really know anything important about anyone.

6. Say what I’m thinking
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Faustine wrote:
Germangirl wrote:Look at Brad Pitt nowadays and there is not one bit of a McQueen in him - his face is too soft for example, too much of a now old boy than a man for me here.
There's only one Brad for me - tortured Louis in Interview with the Vampire. The other Brad incarnations are asinine.
Faustine

Post by Faustine »

bumblebee wrote:
Faustine wrote:
There's only one Brad for me - tortured Louis in Interview with the Vampire. The other Brad incarnations are asinine.
For me the thief in Thelma and Louise. This hat, this smile, this jeans, this 24 years old :twisted:
We convince ourselves that we know the other person well, but do we really know anything important about anyone.

6. Say what I’m thinking
Faustine

Post by Faustine »

6. Say what I’m thinking
Faustine

Post by Faustine »

6. Say what I’m thinking
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Great pics. Btw, love your avatar Faustine
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Faustine

Post by Faustine »

Aragorn wrote:Great pics. Btw, love your avatar Faustine
Thank you! I love my avatar :D

6. Say what I’m thinking
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Faustine wrote:Thank you! I love my avatar :D
yeah, it's lovely - and for some reasons, it gives :twisted:
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Laredo

Post by Laredo »

Looks like they are leaning towards Brad Pitt for the movie .
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

laredo wrote:Looks like they are leaning towards Brad Pitt for the movie .
I am not seeing him in that role at all - not from the looks nor from the masculine qualities he needs to have and doesn´t IMO. Never been so sure though, that I wanted DC to play it and also have a feeling, he´s turned it down in the first place.

Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Germangirl wrote:
laredo wrote:Looks like they are leaning towards Brad Pitt for the movie .
I am not seeing him in that role at all - not from the looks nor from the masculine qualities he needs to have and doesn´t IMO. Never been so sure though, that I wanted DC to play it and also have a feeling, he´s turned it down in the first place.
Of course we all could imagine Daniel in that role, but perhaps the script really wasn't that good or Daniel even didn't want to do that, because it's not what he feels like right now. We will see what this all becomes to in the end.