News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Another old one, that might interest us now

Craig eyes stage role
15/04/2008 - 07:34:43

Daniel Craig is planning to return to his theatrical roots with a stint on the stage, as soon as he can take a break from playing James Bond.Daniel Craig is planning to return to his theatrical roots with a stint on the stage, as soon as he can take a break from playing James Bond.

The British star made his stage debut with a production of Shakespeare's Troilus and Cressida at the age of 16, before studying alongside fellow leading men Ewan McGregor and Joseph Fiennes at London's Guildhall School of Music and Drama.

After years of struggling with an acting troupe, Craig moved on to film with his big-screen debut in 1992's 'The Power of One' before becoming the latest 007.

Now the 40-year-old is considering returning to tread the boards on London's West End - but only if he can find the right material.

Craig told AOL movies: "My ideal would be to choose some new writing. I have nothing against the classics, but new writing to me seems like it gives you a chance to try new stuff out, stuff no one's ever seen before. I think that makes for a much more exciting theatre experience."

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainmen ... ojqlqlaukf
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Nice article. Thanks GG.
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

It's great he plans do to it but unfortunalety the non-british fans haven't so much of it :( .
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Vesper Lynd 007 wrote:It's great he plans do to it but unfortunalety the non-british fans haven't so much of it :( .
I recommend a field day :lol: :lol: :lol:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:
Vesper Lynd 007 wrote:It's great he plans do to it but unfortunalety the non-british fans haven't so much of it :( .
I recommend a field day :lol: :lol: :lol:
If that would ever happen, I just know, we would really get this off the ground and so be there. Like three days London, seeing the play twice and do the sightseeing at daytime. :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

chocolatecake

Post by chocolatecake »

Did he read the what's should Daniel do next thread? :lol:
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

chocolatecake wrote:Did he read the what's should Daniel do next thread? :lol:
He should maybe - doing a play just seems so right for the time being, because I think his enthusiam for making a movie is not all that great at the moment after 5 films in a row - even more because Bond counts for two really.

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

:lol: :lol:

Daniel Craig Embarrassed To Meet “Dirty Fucking Harry”
By Agent Bedhead in Daniel Craig

This just goes to show that just about everyone can be humbled by the most ridiculous of situations:

On the shoot for the new Tintin movie, Steven Spielberg invited Clint Eastwood onto the set for a tour. Part of that day’s special effects shoot involved several of the actors wearing green spandex and with motion sensors over the face. When the shoot was done, Spielberg took Eastwood around to meet the cast, including Daniel Craig.

After he met Clint, the James Bond actor turned to a colleague and said: “I can’t believe I just met Dirty fucking Harry dressed up as an utter cunt.”

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote::lol: :lol:

This just goes to show that just about everyone can be humbled by the most ridiculous of situations:

On the shoot for the new Tintin movie, Steven Spielberg invited Clint Eastwood onto the set for a tour. Part of that day’s special effects shoot involved several of the actors wearing green spandex and with motion sensors over the face. When the shoot was done, Spielberg took Eastwood around to meet the cast, including Daniel Craig.

After he met Clint, the James Bond actor turned to a colleague and said: “I can’t believe I just met Dirty fucking Harry dressed up as an utter cunt.
ROFLMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sazza

Post by Sazza »

After he met Clint, the James Bond actor turned to a colleague and said: “I can’t believe I just met Dirty fucking Harry dressed up as an utter cunt.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Poor baby :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If the only thing left of you was your smile and your little finger, you'd still be more of a man than anyone I've ever known."
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

Okay all together now:

AHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, everyone has their embarrasing moments about something. It could have been worse though, they could be doing a live action version of Tintin and have him dress up as Rackham :P
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Sazza wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Poor baby :lol: :lol: :lol:
Poor man.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I guess we all have our embarrasing moments...
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Birte

Post by Birte »

An interview about Defiance with Daniel over two pages in the German newspaper *Welt am Sonntag* today. Nothing online so far.

They have a short video on their site. Scroll down on the right side to *Aktuelle Videos*. It's the journalist Alan Posener talking about his interview with Daniel.

http://www.welt.de/
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Its surprisingly pretty good. I will try to translate the best parts later...

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

After he met Clint, the James Bond actor turned to a colleague and said: “I can’t believe I just met Dirty fucking Harry dressed up as an utter cunt.”
If Daniel was dressed in spandex then I think Eastwood may have also blushed - along with the rest of the set and crew.

Daniel in skin tight spandex! :shock: He's not exactly...um......yes, well, y'all know what I mean.......

............I do seem to be spending a lot of time in the Naughty Corner just latelyImage