News tidbits

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

plaka

Post by plaka »

amanda7609daniel68 wrote:Daniel's at the Liverpool v Newcastle United match at Anfield today. I was watching the preview, munching my dinner and there he was, I was so stunned I even rewound it and watched it......he's there. Bless him a Liverpool fan...........looked nice too, jeans.......but he had a hat on. He was signing stuff for fans.
I was asleep on the sofa and Hubby woke me up and said "Bond's at the match". That sure got my attention, nice to see him after so long. :D
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.artnet.com/magazineus/review ... 5-4-09.asp
(pics in paparazzi thread)
"Then, in walks our current 007, Daniel Craig, surrounded by ten of Pinchuk's bodyguards, one of whom (Alex) had the neck of a Shar-Pei dog. (I say this with the greatest respect, being an aficionado of short-haired dogs and wordless human gentle giants). Craig had flown in especially from New York -- as you do. I don’t even think he knows Damien, although I am probably wrong.

I got through the bodyguards to ask if he remembered the Ring O’ Bells, a 15th-century pub that I pretty much grew up in (in the 20th century), in a village called Frodsham, Cheshire, in the northwest of England.

I told Daniel that we both grew up running about the place, as his father Tim was married to my Aunty Shirley, who still owns the pub. Tim's name is still above the door. I said, "You were a fair bit older than me but I remember you eating Sunday lunches there."

"Is the boob room still there?" he asked. "Yes," I said, "And they've added one more picture." "I'll have to go back one day to have a look," said 007. The back room -- or "the Boob Room" -- is a local legend and covered with framed, very-nearly tasteful ‘70s photographs of topless women."
ImageImage
Guinness

Post by Guinness »

calypso wrote:http://www.artnet.com/magazineus/review ... 5-4-09.asp
"Then, in walks our current 007, Daniel Craig, surrounded by ten of Pinchuk's bodyguards, one of whom (Alex) had the neck of a Shar-Pei dog. (I say this with the greatest respect, being an aficionado of short-haired dogs and wordless human gentle giants). Craig had flown in especially from New York -- as you do. I don’t even think he knows Damien, although I am probably wrong.

I got through the bodyguards to ask if he remembered the Ring O’ Bells, a 15th-century pub that I pretty much grew up in (in the 20th century), in a village called Frodsham, Cheshire, in the northwest of England.

I told Daniel that we both grew up running about the place, as his father Tim was married to my Aunty Shirley, who still owns the pub. Tim's name is still above the door. I said, "You were a fair bit older than me but I remember you eating Sunday lunches there."

"Is the boob room still there?" he asked. "Yes," I said, "And they've added one more picture." "I'll have to go back one day to have a look," said 007. The back room -- or "the Boob Room" -- is a local legend and covered with framed, very-nearly tasteful ‘70s photographs of topless women."
ahhh! "the boob room"!!! such a nice englishman. did they do billiards there then? "the back room"....???? look how far he has come!! :shock: :P
calypso

Post by calypso »

Guinness wrote:

ahhh! "the boob room"!!! such a nice englishman. did they do billiards there then? "the back room"....???? look how far he has come!! :shock: :P
maybe he will go farther yes?

daniel in boob room..
Last edited by calypso on Tue May 05, 2009 1:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
Guinness

Post by Guinness »

calypso wrote:
Guinness wrote:

daniel in boob room..
Hwly poop Cal. I want to be in boob room with Daniel Craig. crap, can you imagine....smokey room, stinky of guinness beer, loud, tipsy, next to octopus boy... Hey--is this from a reliable source before i go any further with my antics???
calypso

Post by calypso »

Guinness wrote:
calypso wrote:
Guinness wrote: ahhh! "the boob room"!!! such a nice englishman. did they do billiards there then? "the back room"....???? look how far he has come!! :shock: :P

daniel in boob room..
Hwly poop Cal. I want to be in boob room with Daniel Craig. crap, can you imagine....smokey room, stinky of guinness beer, loud, tipsy, next to octopus boy... Hey--is this from a reliable source before i go any further with my antics???
I told Daniel that we both grew up running about the place, as his father Tim was married to my Aunty Shirley, who still owns the pub
How many times was Tim married? I thought only once?

ImageImage
I think anything else we go to spanking thread.. :twisted:
ImageImage
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

"Then, in walks our current 007, Daniel Craig, surrounded by ten of Pinchuk's bodyguards, one of whom (Alex) had the neck of a Shar-Pei dog. (I say this with the greatest respect, being an aficionado of short-haired dogs and wordless human gentle giants). Craig had flown in especially from New York -- as you do. I don’t even think he knows Damien, although I am probably wrong.......
Sometimes I wonder why people don't even try to do a little research. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's most likely that Daniel is very familiar with Damien Hirst's work, because Jay Joplin has met Damien Hirst in the early 90s and Jay represents him since then.
Daniel is a close friend of Jay Joplin and STW, so I'm quite sure he knows him and his body of work.

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Dunda wrote:
"Then, in walks our current 007, Daniel Craig, surrounded by ten of Pinchuk's bodyguards, one of whom (Alex) had the neck of a Shar-Pei dog. (I say this with the greatest respect, being an aficionado of short-haired dogs and wordless human gentle giants). Craig had flown in especially from New York -- as you do. I don’t even think he knows Damien, although I am probably wrong.......
Sometimes I wonder why people don't even try to do a little research. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's most likely that Daniel is very familiar with Damien Hirst's work, because Jay Joplin has met Damien Hirst in the early 90s and Jay represents him since then.
Daniel is a close friend of Jay Joplin and STW, so I'm quite sure he knows him and his body of work.
Makes sense...*think*
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Very old "news" :lol:.

I just found an article about Satsuki from 1993 about her time as track and field athlete. Doesn't sound like "an insecure person" to me :wink:. Seem as if she has been confident and good in what she was doing.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource. ... ug=1695045

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Daniel Craig blasts scripts

Daniel Craig has blasted the quality of the scripts he ges offered but insists he has no plans to set up his own production company to ensure he gets the roles he wants.

http://entertainment.stv.tv/film/94261- ... s-scripts/
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Dunda wrote:Very old "news" :lol:.

I just found an article about Satsuki from 1993 about her time as track and field athlete. Doesn't sound like "an insecure person" to me :wink:. Seem as if she has been confident and good in what she was doing.

Very interesting. Puts a bit of personality with the face.

She sounds like a perfect foil for Daniel - a "driven prefectionist". Two of a kind I would say!
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Princes star in green web film

(Daniel's in it too :) )

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8033562.stm
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

JEC57 wrote:Princes star in green web film

Well Daniel, it's time to change the car. I'll take yours, when you get a nice, clean hybrid car :wink:

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Dunda wrote:
JEC57 wrote:Princes star in green web film

Well Daniel, it's time to change the car. I'll take yours, when you get a nice, clean hybrid car :wink:
The big one is gone already, isn´t it? We just saw him with an Audi - recall the hoodie pics. Guess he´s had a man crush on that big black one, but has given it up by now. Anyway, cudos for Prince Charles to do something worthwhile with his fame.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

JEC57 wrote:
Dunda wrote:Very old "news" :lol:.

Very interesting. Puts a bit of personality with the face.

She sounds like a perfect foil for Daniel - a "driven prefectionist". Two of a kind I would say!
That´s what I thought too - determined and strong.
"It takes a special kid that can do it," Hansen said. "In this day and age, that's not the average kid who can focus and compete at that high level. We feel really fortunate to have kids like that."
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..