4th Sexiest Man in the World

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Sue

4th Sexiest Man in the World

Post by Sue »

Hi :D

In the main NZ newspaper this morning it states that According to Britain's Cosmopolitan magazine that the 10 sexiest men in the world are:
1 Johnny Depp (aged 45)
2 George Clooney (aged 47)
3 Jake Gyllenhaal (27)
4 DANIEL CRAIG (40)
5 Brad Pitt (44)
6 James McAvoy (29)
7 Justin Timberlake (27)
8 Will Smith (40)
9 David Beckham (33)
10 Wentworth Miller (36)

10 sexiest women
are:
1 Megan Fox (aged 22)
2 Jessica Alba (22)
3 Keeley Hazell (22) I don't know her!!! Can someone please tell me?
4 Elisha Cuthbert (25)
5 Hayden Panettierre (19)
6 Scarlett Johansson (23)
7 Cheryl Cole (25) Girls Aloud
8 Hilary Duff (21)
9 Angelina Jolie (33)
10 Keira Knightley (23)

The article says "Johnny Depp & Megan Fox are in the same league as far as votes on sexiest-people lists go - but there's a major difference.

Apart from the obvious, there's an age gap of more than 20 years

The age difference was striking, with the average age for the top 10 men around 37 years, compared with about 24 for the top 10 women.

University of Canterbury (Sth Island NZ) lecturer Professor Garth Fletcher said the trend was widespread throughout the world. "It's almost always the case that males will tend to pick someone who is the same age to younger, whereas it's the other way round for women." He said that women tended to believe that status, which often came with age, was an important quality when looking for a mate. But men were more swayed by attractiveness and sought "good" genes to pass on to their children.

Palmerston North (NZ North Island) clinical psychologist Robyn Salisbury said social constructs also played a role. She said "Men can look more gorgeous as they get older. That sort of craggy look enhances their attractiveness in many women's eyes."

That sure applies to me when thinking and looking at Daniel. I reckon he's gotten sexier, manly, more rugged and better looking, the more lived in gorgeous look as he's gotten older. :wink:

I think Daniel personally should have been No. 1 as no doubt you all do but he's No. 1 to us!!! :!: :D

Any comments on the above is welcome. Is this a double standard especially for women which drives some to more plastic surgery, botox as they get older in desperation to look younger because as men mature they seem to get better looking, well some of them!!! :lol: I've always liked older movie/tv stars (especially British) from when I was in my late teens, maybe a father figure as mine was always at work and not around much. I've never been attracted to the boyish types!!! :lol:

Love Sue
:D
Hi there Daniel fans. Please feel free to e-mail me as I love to hear from others to keep me in touch with what's going on with Daniel!!! He is such an amazing actor, has amazing looks, those blue eyes and a sexy voice!!!
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

Congrats Daniel, way to go.
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Jake Gyllenhall sexy?

Cute, but not sexy.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:Jake Gyllenhall sexy?

Cute, but not sexy.
True, but I gues those less manly men appeal to lots of people (women) too :lol:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Liverpool Rules

Post by Liverpool Rules »

Can you believe Johnny Depp is older than Daniel Craig??
"I'm going to want to have sex right until the very end, thank you very much" - Daniel Craig
Faustine

Re: 4th Sexiest Man in the World

Post by Faustine »

1 Johnny Depp (aged 45) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2 George Clooney (aged 47)
3 Jake Gyllenhaal (27) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
4 DANIEL CRAIG (40)
5 Brad Pitt (44)
6 James McAvoy (29) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
7 Justin Timberlake (27)
8 Will Smith (40)
9 David Beckham (33)
10 Wentworth Miller (36) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We convince ourselves that we know the other person well, but do we really know anything important about anyone.

6. Say what I’m thinking
Faustine

Post by Faustine »

Liverpool Rules wrote:Can you believe Johnny Depp is older than Daniel Craig??
Yes. He born in 1963
We convince ourselves that we know the other person well, but do we really know anything important about anyone.

6. Say what I’m thinking
Number1DanielCraigFan

Post by Number1DanielCraigFan »

Liverpool Rules wrote:Can you believe Johnny Depp is older than Daniel Craig??
I really don't like Johnny Depp, he isn't as manly as Dan. Dan should be #1! Always!
Lynda

Post by Lynda »

I think Keeley Hazell is a "page 3 girl" who does loads of topless shots for tabloids over here. She is very well endowed!!!

I guess beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. I think Johnny Depp is exquisitely gorgeous but I wouldn't want to go out with him as he's prettier than me! I much prefer more unusual looking men.
"He's blond ... he's Bond ... he's actually quite good!"
mermayd

Post by mermayd »

Lynda wrote:I think Keeley Hazell is a "page 3 girl" who does loads of topless shots for tabloids over here. She is very well endowed!!!

I guess beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. I think Johnny Depp is exquisitely gorgeous but I wouldn't want to go out with him as he's prettier than me! I much prefer more unusual looking men.
Yes she is indeed a topless model.

It's interesting how the sexiest men are mostly in their 40s whereas the women are mostly in their early 20s. There is no justice in the world!

:evil:
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

mermayd wrote:
Lynda wrote:I think Keeley Hazell is a "page 3 girl" who does loads of topless shots for tabloids over here. She is very well endowed!!!

Yes she is indeed a topless model.

It's interesting how the sexiest men are mostly in their 40s whereas the women are mostly in their early 20s. There is no justice in the world!

:evil:
That's true :evil:! Men seem to become more attractive and women are blamed for "becoming old". A lot of women in the 40s are very attractive, just look at Halle Berry or Salma Hayek,maybe Nicole Kidman. I think they are really attractive, but nobody seems to see that :evil:.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Vesper Lynd 007 wrote:
That's true :evil:! Men seem to become more attractive and women are blamed for "becoming old". A lot of women in the 40s are very attractive, just look at Halle Berry or Salma Hayek,maybe Nicole Kidman. I think they are really attractive, but nobody seems to see that :evil:.
I wouldn´t say that´s entirely true. They are still considered beautiful and are cast for the lover roles. I would say, those who are smart enough to stay away from botox will win in the end.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Germangirl wrote:
Vesper Lynd 007 wrote:
I wouldn´t say that´s entirely true. They are still considered beautiful and are cast for the lover roles. I would say, those who are smart enough to stay away from botox will win in the end.
Diane Lane, Julianne Moore, Julie Christie, Helen Mirren, Meryl Streep....
mermayd

Post by mermayd »

Yes but none of these people appear on a list. No justice.
Sazza

Post by Sazza »

Well done to Daniel. He will always be number one in my eyes!!

As for the rest in the list well I keep my mouth shut about.
"If the only thing left of you was your smile and your little finger, you'd still be more of a man than anyone I've ever known."