Tintin news

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Germangirl wrote:Seems to be a busy fall 2011 for DC

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 76cce20b22
That's great, but I would like to have him this year :twisted: :lol: :( . But if it's as fantastic as it seems, I like to wait longer :wink:.
Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

When will he return to the screen? He only did a Bond last year, this year it looks like he's sticking to the stage. Suely he should have begun work on his 2010 film slate already but alas no news. Maybe the next time He will grace the screen will be Bond 23.....he might loose a serious amount of currency between now and then.
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Aman wrote:When will he return to the screen? He only did a Bond last year, this year it looks like he's sticking to the stage. Suely he should have begun work on his 2010 film slate already but alas no news. Maybe the next time He will grace the screen will be Bond 23.....he might loose a serious amount of currency between now and then.
I don´t think he is concerned about things like that, but there is a full year 2010 for him to do a movie...
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

Plus he could be working on reading scripts right now and perhaps film some new projects in 2010. If not I'm still so excited that he has a BROADWAY gig!! I mean that is just unbelievably cool :lol:
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

calypso

Post by calypso »

i thought daniel play red rackham not haddock? :shock:
ImageImage
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

calypso wrote:
i thought daniel play red rackham not haddock? :shock:
It's just the press not paying attention to the details again. Someone posted a comment to correct the misstatement.
Crazy!
JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

Another site saying late 2011...........

(nice little pic of Daniel with Jamie)

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/film/story/2009/ ... lease.html
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Peter Jackson back to video games
June 2nd, 2009 by MrCere

Ubisoft, who helped make the Peter Jackson’s “King Kong,” video game are working with Jackson and friend and co-director Steven Spielberg. The game studio announced today at the E3 video game conference that it would be producing and releasing a game version of the two directors’ movie, “Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn.”

Said Paramount Digital Entertainment president Thomas Lesinski, “We look forward to working with Ubisoft and the filmmakers to create exciting new interactive adventures for Tintin. The upcoming video game will reintroduce Tintin to a whole new generation of gamers.”

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2009/06 ... -business/
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

NEW INFO ON PLOT OF THE SECRET OF THE UNICORN
CONTAINS SPOILERS - BUT NOTHING YOU WON'T KNOW IF YOU'VE READ THE BOOKS

The movie will combine the plot of the books The Crab with the Golden Claws with The Secret of the Unicorn and Red Rackham's Treasure. Most likely, they will be told in a style similar to the Bond movies, with an early sequence (in this case, Golden Claws) which has little relation to the actual plot (The Unicorn).

The Crab with the Golden Claws features Tintin on the trail of drug traffikers, smuggling Opium hidden inside tins of crab meat. The story sees Tintin's first meeting with Captain Archibald Haddock, the alcoholic captain of the ship in which the drug is being smuggled, although he has no knowledge of it. The smuggling is being orchestrated by his first mate, Allan, and a group in Morocco.

Between Golden Claws and The Secret of the Unicorn is another book, The Shooting Star which will likely have no place in the film's plot. Unicorn starts with Tintin buying a model ship for Haddock, which he discovers is one of three identical models, each containing a clue to the location of the ship once captained by Haddock's ancestor, Sir Francis Haddock, and the treasure it contains. The ship was sunk after it was captured by the pirate Red Rackham. However, two unscrupulous antique dealers, the Bird Brothers, are attempting to locate the parchments for the wealth it will bring.

Red Rackham's Treasure picks up from this, and focuses on the search for the Unicorn and the treasure. It also introduces Professor Cuthbert Calculus, who designs and builds the submarine Tintin uses to survey the wreck of the Unicorn.

The film's premise suggests that the clue to the Unicorn's location will be discovered during the fight with the Opium smugglers, and Tintin and Haddock will attempt to locate the treasure accomapnied by detectives Thompson and Thomson, and under the protection of a jail escapee.

http://jamie-bell.com/forum/viewthread. ... =46&page=2
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

DC_fan

Post by DC_fan »

When I was younger I loved to watch Tintin on the tv. I can´t wait to see the movie!! :D

Plus it has Daniel :lol: :P
The name is Craig...Daniel Craig! Image
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

Hey DC_fan - good to see you :D
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

From the latest Comic Con

"We also spoke a bit about Tintin. Is he nervous that no one in America has heard of the property? No. No one heard of Star Wars or Indiana Jones before they came out, and it wasn't a problem.

The first cut of Spielberg's film one is just wrapped. He's seeing it in a day or two. The particular Tintin story for film two hasn't been decided yet".

SOURCE: http://movieblog.ugo.com/movies/peter-j ... at-sdcc-09

"For the second film, I’m keeping my options open at the moment, but I am very partial to the Seven Crystal Balls…I’m going to read them all again. I’ve read them about three times in the past two years, so I’ll do it again and see which one…Everybody who’s working on Tintin is a fan of the story. It was huge in England; it was huge in New Zealand. I grew up with these books. Everyone who’s working on the movie, to some degree, grew up with Tintin".

SOURCE: http://www.cramthis.com/movies/movie-ne ... -more.html

"[Director] Steven [Spielberg] has just finished his cut of the film he directed, the first one, so I'm going to get a look at that next week," he said. "He seems to be very pleased with it. The stuff that Steven directed is this very early form of pre-vis, the figures are very crudely animated in the sense that it's just the live motion capture. Once we're happy with the cut, then the rendering begins and the time-consuming aspects of it start, which will take us two years. But the creation of the movie is almost complete."

SOURCE: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocom ... guard.html

So tha film is shot!!!! Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zibzabzut

Post by Zibzabzut »

:D :D :D Me too!!! I hope they do the Seven Crystal Balls comic, that's a good one.