JACKMAN, CRAIG TO TAKE B'WAY BY STORM

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

Mine took 4 days. E tickets too.
tbossmc2000

tickets

Post by tbossmc2000 »

I requested paper tickets so I would have a souvenir,
I did get an e mail a while back saying due to the large response of the pre sale tickets would not be printed until 4 weeks before.

Hotel: I am looking an hotels are running pretty hight near the theater district. Even 2 star hotels are expensive.
We are having hard times??? lol, lets see some discounted hotels!!
Sorry to get on my soap box. I own a travel agency and I find it hard to find bargins. :evil:
I got cheap airline tickets, I will be going in the Bond plane

sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well then, you should be in very good hands.
Just keep your seatbelt on!

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

lol, I'll sit real close to the pilot
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

BTW - that little animation of Daniel (XXX) opening the door to Tammy in Layer Cake is a heart-stopping, holy hottie scene....the way he looks at her like some delicious dessert - actually "tart"....was most memorable. Thanks for that little reminder of his yumminess. :wink:

togal

Re: tickets

Post by togal »

tbossmc2000 wrote:I requested paper tickets so I would have a souvenir,
I did get an e mail a while back saying due to the large response of the pre sale tickets would not be printed until 4 weeks before.

Hotel: I am looking an hotels are running pretty hight near the theater district. Even 2 star hotels are expensive.
We are having hard times??? lol, lets see some discounted hotels!!
Sorry to get on my soap box. I own a travel agency and I find it hard to find bargins. :evil:
I got cheap airline tickets, I will be going in the Bond plane

hotels are the priciest in the fall season for nyc. you wouldn't know there were hard economic times by looking at the high hotel rates and the amazing pre-sale numbers for the show. i usually get my hotels via priceline but i didn't have patience this time and just booked my hotel this morning on hotwire.com.
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

It was the hotel prices which were the killer for me. The flight from Edinburgh was a very reasonable price and I could have lived with the cost of the show ticket, but even 2 nights in a hotel was just making it too much (and I would have liked to stay for another of couple of nights as well) :(
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

Tell me about it, that's why I am only staying 3 nights. Flights were dirt cheap.
But take into consideration, when would we ever have an opportunity like this.
I know I woudn't. It's my BD present and Christmas present TO ME
calypso

Post by calypso »

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20 ... /907249980

July 24, 2009 1:59 PM
Broadway’s fall season packed with celebs
Movie and television stars such as Daniel Craig, Sienna Miller and James Spader are heading to the Broadway stage this fall.

Last October, when Katie Holmes made her Broadway debut in All My Sons, the Hollywood celebrity had the spotlight to herself. This fall season, the Great White Way will be packed with movie stars.

The celebrity-studded roster begins in September with A Steady Rain, starring 007 actor Daniel Craig and the X-Men’s Hugh Jackman. Soon after, Hamlet will open with Jude Law. And following that is Sienna Miller’s Broadway debut in After Miss Julie; Julia Stiles and Bill Pullman in Oleanna; and James Spader in Race.

Producers are calling the convergence of stars a coincidence. They say that shows come to Broadway when the casting is secured and a theater is available and that there was no extra push to feature a large number of celebrities at the same time.

Still, the wealth of star-power should help boost ticket sales in the middle of a major recession. So far attendance is down 8.4% this season from the same period a year ago, and grosses are off 2.4%.

“Broadway is not a cookie cutter business and a great brand name, playwright or well known actor does not ensure a success, but it certainly creates interest and excitement for Broadway,” said Charlotte St. Martin, executive director of The Broadway League.

More movie stars have been seeking out opportunities to play on Broadway as the stage has become a sort of proving ground for Hollywood celebrities. Julia Roberts made her Broadway debut in 2006 in Three Days of Rain. Though she was panned by critics, the play was a box office hit. Jennifer Garner took her first turn on a Broadway stage in 2007’s Cyrano de Bergerac.
ImageImage
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

Good luck to anyone trying to book tickets tomorrow!!
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

antonlamon @RealHughJackman Was walking on 45th today and saw the billboard for the play you are doing with Daniel Craig! Have you started rehearsals
So - it might be worth a visit to 45th street to check it out. :mrgreen:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Sienna Miller is on Broadway this Fall too Image
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

bumblebee wrote:Sienna Miller is on Broadway this Fall too Image
The three ex buddies will have a hard time to avoid each other :shock:
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

Germangirl wrote:
bumblebee wrote:Sienna Miller is on Broadway this Fall too Image
The three ex buddies will have a hard time to avoid each other :shock:
Could be interesting??

Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800 ... id=15&cs=1
Despite recession, Broadway booming
The chances of repeating last spring's glut of top-notch draws, with opening after opening earning rave reviews and must-see status, are slim.
But the upcoming season lineup -- at least on paper --offers commercial heft, with offerings such as "Spider-Man, Turn Off the Dark" and "The Addams Family" both coming in the spring and the play "A Steady Rain," starring B.O. magnets Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig in the wings for late September.
Like most seasons, many of the new heavyweight commercial and awards contenders won't hit town until spring, but it's shaping up to be a busy fall.
At the center of the excitement: "A Steady Rain."
The Jackman-Craig show could match the dizzying sales of such straight-play offerings as Julia Roberts starrer "Three Days of Rain," the Nathan Lane-Matthew Broderick "The Odd Couple" and Billy Crystal's "700 Sundays."
Even before tickets to "Steady Rain" went on sale to the general public, the cop drama racked up a $3 million advance solely from an American Express pre-sale offer.
The show, which opens Sept. 29 at the Schoenfeld Theater and bumps the top ticket price for a play to $130, looks likely to clean up in premium ticket sales. And there could be a ripple effect. Mallalieu notes that the publicity surrounding the Craig-Jackman outing has boosted Broadway focus among group ticket buyers.
"Whether they want 'Steady Rain' or not, it's sparked everybody's interest," he says.
If Craig and Jackman don't satiate the appetite for thinking-woman's crumpet, there's Jude Law, driving impressive advance sales for the Broadway transfer of the Donmar Warehouse "Hamlet." The London import opens Oct. 6 at the Broadhurst.