Broadway discussion turned into "Bye,Bye ASR"

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Oh, I'm convinced he's keeping the mustache. No questions there.
Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

We look forward to your review Friday morning.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

sf, I didn't realize you were going to the play on the 10th. How did you swing that? Do you have some insider pull.
You are so fortunate
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

tbossmc2000 wrote:sf, I didn't realize you were going to the play on the 10th. How did you swing that? Do you have some insider pull.
You are so fortunate
No pull. I just ordered them when they went on sale for AMEX holders. Wanted to see the very first performance :shock: . Just a preview though. It's also been written that 'sometimes' the actors talk to the audience afterward, etc., to get feedback. No guarantees on that though.

If he happens to fall into the audience and into my lap :lol: , I will take out my trusty razor and get him looking all spiffy again!!
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Good luck for that :D. Hopefully they will do. If their characters are concerned I could imagine, but I don't know how much time there will be. Nevertheless fingers crossed :wink:.
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

Lucky you, sf2la. Enjoy and report back in great detail to all us less fortunate mortals :wink:
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

sf2la

Post by sf2la »

Vesper Lynd 007 wrote:Good luck for that :D. Hopefully they will do. If their characters are concerned I could imagine, but I don't know how much time there will be. Nevertheless fingers crossed :wink:.
Thanks! It should be fun (well, maybe 'fun' for this play isn't the appropriate word..) But it will be nice to see how/if the play changes from the beginning to the end. And fun to see him!

No rain today, yet, but it's scheduled to rain until the weekend at least. Maybe he will stay wet :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: The play's title is fitting.
tbossmc2000

Post by tbossmc2000 »

I remember now. I got mine thru AMEX but I can't go until November due to schedule conficts. I would of done the 1st one if I could. what a dream come true.
You might see some celeb's. Probably lots of critics. Are you going to the Monkey Bar after?
Does anyone know who his under study is? God forbid
Sorry to pepper you with all these questions.

Step away form the mustache, I need to see it for myself. I paid a lot for my seats, save some for me. LOL
sf2la

Post by sf2la »

tbossmc2000 wrote:I remember now. I got mine thru AMEX but I can't go until November due to schedule conficts. I would of done the 1st one if I could. what a dream come true.
You might see some celeb's. Probably lots of critics. Are you going to the Monkey Bar after?
Does anyone know who his under study is? God forbid
Sorry to pepper you with all these questions.

Step away form the mustache, I need to see it for myself. I paid a lot for my seats, save some for me. LOL
I don't know about any celeb sightings - hadn't even thought of that. They will be there for Sept 29, the show's official opening, as I understand it. Tickets werent even available for sale to the general public. It will be the LIza Minelli's , SJParker, Nathan Lane (Broadway folk), etc., a black-tie
affair. The first night for 'regular' people is the 30th. I'm thinking the critics
won't review these previews(?). It doesn't seem fair - the previews
are held to work out the bugs. I'll see the show again this week, so I can report on more than the one. Maybe the stage will be too hot for the boys
and they'll do the play shirtless :lol: or at least with an 80's tank top to
match the mustache.

I don't know where were going for drinks/dinner - I'm leaving that to local friends. Is the Monkey Bar good?

Am debating whether or not to post comments about the play on the forum. At least these early ones - ONLY because I really don't want to share with
the JJ 'haters' who have access to the forum. I have no problem sending
reports to all of the regular D2D members via PM though - for those who want to know, that is. Premier reports may be all out in the press/blogs
right after anyway - don't know. I just know I don't want to feed the haters over there; it's like feeding a poisonous snake that's going to bite someone you care about. They can find out from someone else. Does that sound crazy?
Last edited by sf2la on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

sf2la wrote: Am debating whether or not to post comments about the play on the forum. At least these early ones - ONLY because I really don't want to share with
the JJ 'haters' who have access to the forum. I have no problem sending
reports to all of the regulat D2D members via PM though - for those who want to know, that is. Premier reports may be all out in the press/blogs
right after anyway - don't know. I just know I don't want to feed the haters over there; it's like feeding a poisonous snake that's going to bite someone you care about...
IMO, you have the best idea for this. Please :) :) :) :) ...count me in...via PM. You have my :D :D :D :D thank you very much in advance!
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Great idea :D. Please contact me as well. Can't stand the waiting :D :wink:.
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

good idea, count me in!

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
Elaine_Figgis
Administrator

Post by Elaine_Figgis »

or we can use the backup board just for sfl's early reviews.
Crazy!
plaka

Post by plaka »

And me. Enjoy. :D
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Maybe we could set up a Twitter feed? e.g. #dtdsteadyrain and post to that? Or the back-up board is good, although for the life of me can't remember my password.