Woohoo London Ladies

Visit here to read and post all the latest Daniel Craig-related news, TV/VCR(DVD) alerts, etc.

Moderator: Germangirl

Germangirl

Woohoo London Ladies

Post by Germangirl »

Might be crap - but still - raeading it is worth a thread - just to let some excitement fload :wink:

From Broadwayworld.com

Date: 14 September 2009
RIALTO CHATTER: A STEADY RAIN To 'Fall' In London With Jackman and Craig?

WhatsOnStage.com is reporting that early discussions are already under way for a West End transfer of the critically-acclaimed new American two-character play A STEADY RAIN by Keith Huff.

Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig star in the production and are rumored to be in talks to take the leap to the UK stage after they complete their Broadway run

James Bond versus Wolverine ... Film fans will have a field day. Talks are already under way for a West End transfer of A Steady Rain, Keith Huff’s new play, which opens on Broadway this month starring Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig.
The two-hander, first produced by Chicago Dramatists in 2007 and part of a trilogy about police officers, centres on two Chicago cops and lifelong friends who give different accounts of a harrowing incident. Inspired by a real-life incident involving Jeffrey Dahmer, the police unwittingly return a boy to a cannibalistic serial killer. When the boy’s murder comes to light, the men try to come to terms with their responsibility.
Now household names internationally for their screen credits, both Craig and Jackman are also accomplished stage actors, though neither have been seen on the London stage for quite some time: Craig since the premiere of Caryl Churchill’s A Number in 2002 and Jackman since Trevor Nunn’s 1998 National Theatre production of Oklahoma!.
A Steady Rain is co-produced by Broadway’s Barbara Broccoli, Michael G Wilson and Frederick Zollo with UK producer Michael Rose, who funded his share after his bank turned him down for a loan. The 12-week Broadway season, which started previewing at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre on 10 September ahead of a 29 September, has already sold out, with crowds of over 500 congregating nightly outside the stage door and bringing traffic to a standstill.
http://www.whatsonstage.com/gossip/thea ... 3F%3F.html

Reader Comments

A terrific play and phenomenal performances. BTW its not totally sold out there are still premium tix and some reg tixs available for latter in the run. Worth the trip across the Pond. - Michele 14 Sep 09

It was a great show and they are very gracious signing autographs afterwards! - Lisa
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Sounds fantastic :D. If it's true, I might have a chance to see it :D.
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

I'm not in London, but I would so want this to be true!! But ... we know Dan is beginning to pencil in film work for 2010 so we will just have to wait and see - patience is a virtue!!

Keeping my fingers crossed though ...
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")

JEC57

Post by JEC57 »

I don't even dare to hope..............
Germangirl

Post by Germangirl »

I would think that once its all set, they can take it quite easily to another stage - like Jude did with his Shakespeare. Matter of time, of course, but maybe a short run or later in the year a longer one.
The top notch acting in the Weisz/Craig/Spall 'Betrayal' is emotionally true, often v funny and its beautifully staged with filmic qualities..

Jana66

Post by Jana66 »

:D :D :D :D :D if that will ever happen...here I am!!!
sharmaine

Post by sharmaine »

Great excuse to cross the pond to London again.....let me know when?

Cyanaurora

Post by Cyanaurora »

sharmaine wrote:Great excuse to cross the pond to London again.....let me know when?
Wouldn't that be fun, to get everybody together in London for an encore!
Vesper Lynd 007

Post by Vesper Lynd 007 »

Cyanaurora wrote:
sharmaine wrote:Great excuse to cross the pond to London again.....let me know when?
Wouldn't that be fun, to get everybody together in London for an encore!
Would be fantastic :D. If it's true, London here I am :D :D :D.
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

It would be fantastic if they come to London :D :D
"Hanging on your words, living on your breath, feeling with your skin"
Daskedusken

Post by Daskedusken »

If they come to London, it would be great :D
"Love anyway. Live anyway. Choose to part of this anyway”
Elvenstar

Post by Elvenstar »

Amazing news! More reviews from forum members will be great! :!:
Dunda
Administrator

Post by Dunda »

Elvenstar wrote:Amazing news! More reviews from forum members will be great! :!:
There will come some more fore sure.
Most of us will see the play in October, so we have to wait :wink:

Visit the forum at www.dedicatedtodaniel.com
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

You do understand this means we get round 2 of the mustache.
Miss-Meow

Post by Miss-Meow »

bumblebee wrote:You do understand this means we get round 2 of the mustache.
Aaaaarrrggghhh!!!!
"I shouldn't love you" ("Our Friends in the North") / "Fire up the Quattro!" (DCI Gene Hunt, "Ashes to Ashes")